A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,852
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lelah's done! (now with PATTERN)  (Read 105620 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Baigneuse
« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2006 10:06:19 PM »

Shadkitty that is so adorable! I love the ribbons as straps on your Lelah top. The matching shrug is really cute too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2006 02:57:10 AM »

it's beautiful, love the colour combo and ribbon you used !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
shadkitty
"Not I," said the cat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2006 07:53:58 AM »

Thanks guys  Cheesy

I like the ribbon straps because they camoflauge bra straps better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One must either be a work of art, or wear one." Oscar Wilde
http://www.myspace.com/shadkitty

http://shadkitty.blogspot.com/
RandomCrafter

I like to Move It, Move It.

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2006 10:29:11 PM »

Ok here's a question...I'm trying to get started on this and I just got done measuring myself...I am 42 3/4" above my chest where the shirt will sit but the fullest part of my chest is 46" should I go ahead and knit for the 42 3/4" measurement and the elastic will stretch or should I knit bigger?

Also another question... my hip area where the shirt will end at is 49"...does the pattern allow for it to be bigger there or would I need to cast on for that measurement and then decrease more?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006 10:57:20 PM by RandomCrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shadkitty
"Not I," said the cat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2006 11:10:36 PM »

Ok here's a question...I'm trying to get started on this and I just got done measuring myself...I am 42 3/4" above my chest where the shirt will sit but the fullest part of my chest is 46" should I go ahead and knit for the 42 3/4" measurement and the elastic will stretch or should I knit bigger?

Also another question... my hip area where the shirt will end at is 49"...does the pattern allow for it to be bigger there or would I need to cast on for that measurement and then decrease more?

I had these issues as well. But I realized you pull the thing over your head to get it on, and if you knit the stockinette section long enough it will just go over your chest. My tip is to put on whatever bra you plan on wearing with it (or just any old bra if you don't) and measure from the point that you want to be the top to the point underneath your bust where the ribbon/eyelet section will be. For me this was nine inches...you might have a lot of stockinette to knit! lol

As for the hip part...well I'm not sure how far it will stretch. The slight ribbing effect the purling creates allows for a little stretch. You can't tell in my pictures but it's stretched nicely in the front. What size are you planning on making?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RandomCrafter

I like to Move It, Move It.

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2006 01:21:04 PM »

I had these issues as well. But I realized you pull the thing over your head to get it on, and if you knit the stockinette section long enough it will just go over your chest. My tip is to put on whatever bra you plan on wearing with it (or just any old bra if you don't) and measure from the point that you want to be the top to the point underneath your bust where the ribbon/eyelet section will be. For me this was nine inches...you might have a lot of stockinette to knit! lol

As for the hip part...well I'm not sure how far it will stretch. The slight ribbing effect the purling creates allows for a little stretch. You can't tell in my pictures but it's stretched nicely in the front. What size are you planning on making?

I plan on following her directions for doing it based on your measurements. I just realized that when I have my jeans on (which is what I will be wearing with this top) my hips are roughly between 46 and 47" so I should be alright as far as that goes. I'm also knitting straps to cover my bra strap and to make sure I don't get a ticket for indecent exposure.

Thanks for the tip about measuring how long the stockinette should be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lynn
« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2006 06:18:51 PM »

so i just finished mine, tried it on, and realized it worked ALOT better as a skirt rather than a tube top.  also, i changed the pattern around quite a bit (using my own measurements and such), and also instead of doing stockinette stitch at the top i did 1x1 twisted rib in fishermans wool. oh, and the lacework is done in knitpicks shine worsted in apple green (so soft! so nice! so cheap! i love it.)

here it is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kample/146561493/ for a bigger version
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2006 06:29:47 PM »

Lynn - omg!!! i love it! ahh! i want it! amazing job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
LilMissPink
« Reply #268 on: May 15, 2006 12:44:39 PM »

I love that! With a yellow bikini it'll look like a hula skirt.  Smiley Great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
shadkitty
"Not I," said the cat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2006 11:04:49 AM »

Hey!  That's great!  Is that a one skein wonder?

The shrug? No, it's the Everyone's Doing It shrug that someone did on here somewhere. It's super easy and quick. Except it never looks quite that cute on me...I think I make it too big. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Oscar Dresses That Made History
The Most Talked About Oscars Dresses Of All Time
3 Best Trends From London Fashion Week!
10 Heinous Trends From the 2000s That Should Never Come Back
How to Remove Wrinkles from Clothing Without an Iron!
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...