A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lelah's done! (now with PATTERN)  (Read 106534 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karenie
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2005 07:22:00 PM »

what a beautiful choice of yarn! that is so gorgeous, stitchoramamama.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life, in a knitterly fashion
http://knitterlyfashion.blogspot.com
slimissaw
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2005 08:27:12 PM »

Vive la Boozehag!

Oui! Oui!!  C'est magnificent!! Vive la Boozehag!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Simply do not ask me what this is all about, parce que je ne sais pas, mes chers." --Holly.

http://needlephile.blogspot.com
knitoholic
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2005 08:52:12 PM »

My Lelah is basically done with the exception of a few finishing touches.  Take a look here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alicesonmarie
« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2005 03:55:27 PM »

knitoholic- that is wonderful. i really like the straps. and the contrasting colors. im going to have to steal that idea when i make this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DeadRedhead
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2005 01:10:28 AM »

good for you with the halter, i look forward to seeing it - i am very tempted by all of these lelahs with straps.
If you like it I'll give you the instructions on the way I did the top. It was super easy! I'm not at home this weekend, but I'll take pictures and get them up here sometime next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitoholic
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2005 12:54:53 PM »

knitoholic- that is wonderful. i really like the straps. and the contrasting colors. im going to have to steal that idea when i make this.

I'm glad I could inspire you Smiley.  I'm actually really surprised that I after all this time I hadn't seen anyone else make their Lelah with contrasting colours like I did.  I thought that it just added a bit more detail and made it more interesting like that.  Have fun making it, I sure did Grin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: July 18, 2005 09:13:12 PM »

Here's my Lelah...Sorry for the icky picture!

I made her using just under two balls of Cotton Ease in Orangeade and finished her off with a turquoise ribbon!

For more details, head on over to my blog: www.knitkatgirl.typ epad.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't beat 'em, knit for 'em.
ConcreteJungler
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2005 11:19:24 AM »

I have been watching this thread for such a long time.  I am so going to make one of these.  Really.  One of these days.  I have the needles and the yarn and everything.  But lace, .... it frightens me.  I only just managed cables and was surprised at how easy those were (and even easier once I bought a cable needle to replace the Sharpie I had been using). 

Is this lace pattern more difficult than cables but less difficult than, say, intarsia?  An okay-to-get-your-feet-wet project for someone who has only now managed to make a reverse stockinette two-cable scarf on size 17 needles? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mangacreation
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2005 01:18:14 PM »

;)I am so happy there is people like you who can make such awesome clothes like that. I am definitly going to make me a copy of that and start knitting it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slimissaw
« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2005 10:40:41 AM »

I have been watching this thread for such a long time.  I am so going to make one of these.  Really.  One of these days.  I have the needles and the yarn and everything.  But lace, .... it frightens me.  I only just managed cables and was surprised at how easy those were (and even easier once I bought a cable needle to replace the Sharpie I had been using). 

Is this lace pattern more difficult than cables but less difficult than, say, intarsia?  An okay-to-get-your-feet-wet project for someone who has only now managed to make a reverse stockinette two-cable scarf on size 17 needles? 

Try it!!  I was afraid of lace, too, but then I tackled the Branching Out scarf, and this Lelah pattern is not nearly as difficult as that.  When I finish Branching Out, I want to do another Lelah with the lace(I made one, but with seed stitch at the bottom in lieu of lace). I have to find yarn, too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Simply do not ask me what this is all about, parce que je ne sais pas, mes chers." --Holly.

http://needlephile.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Your Hair Into a Wet Look Bun
Say Goodbye to Dry, Damaged Hair in 2013
How to Trim Your Own Bangs to Look Like Kate Middleton
How to Get a Faux Bob
How to Style a Slick Wet Look Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...