A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lelah's done! (now with PATTERN)  (Read 106543 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IslandTurtle
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2005 05:10:05 PM »

For mine I just used a cheapie yarn--Caron simply soft in plum wine.  So the whole thing cost about $3!

I love how yours came out. Can you tell me what size needles you used to make it with?

-Wendy

Thanks!  I think I just used size 7s for the whole thing.  So my gauge was totally different than the pattern, more like 5 sts per inch.  I figured that way I'd be sure it wasn't see thru at the top and it'd a little slimmer fitting.

Thank you for the info. I love that you used Carons Simply Soft. Smiley I'm on a very very super-duper tight budget (planning my wedding) and can't really afford any other yarn plus its also my favorite and use it for a lot of things so I was excited to see that your Lelah came out looking beautiful with the Simply Soft yarn.

I can't wait to get started on mine. Thanks again for the info!  Cheesy

-Wendy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slimissaw
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2005 10:07:48 AM »

???Ok, I'm chickening out because I got frustrated with the lace pattern, and i am doing Lelah in seed stitch, with Lion Brand Cotton Ease. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Simply do not ask me what this is all about, parce que je ne sais pas, mes chers." --Holly.

http://needlephile.blogspot.com
cutiecooties
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2005 08:34:05 PM »

Yay!  I started this on Thursday, and just couldn't put it down.  I added "brick slings" because my boobs would swing down to the floor otherwise. 

This pattern is so awesome.  I just made this one with Microspun, but will buy a real nice fancypants yarn for the next one.  I am gonna make daily Lelahs - like those Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday underwear.  It's gonna be a wardrobe revolution!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yahaira
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2005 05:32:44 AM »

that looks great....hmmm microspun i never thought to use that... did you double strand or anything?  i love the straps, they arent too thick or too thin.

slimissaw...im sure it will look great with seed stitch, it'll be a new variation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
cutiecooties
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2005 08:27:10 AM »

Nope just did single strand, and used smaller (size 7 needles).  I just modified the number of stitches to reflect the differenter gage.  It turned out nice and stretchy and comfy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RunsWithTrowels

a little bit of trouble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2005 09:53:48 PM »

i would love to see a pattern mod for those straps.  they are perfect for lelah (imo)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dirt & Yarn Don't Mix<---shameless blog plug
alexandra_m79
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2005 10:46:40 PM »

yes, it looks gorgeous... would you mind sharing your exact modifications?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cutiecooties
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2005 09:36:25 AM »

Yeah, all I did was bind off as usual, but did a regular knit on 11 stitches (each set of 11 stitches for the straps is 7 inches apart) and left these 11 stitches on a stitch holder.

I then went back and did some light shaping on each of the straps.  I did 3 rows of regular stockinette, and then did p2tog at the first and last stitches of the next row, and then k2tog and the first and last stitch on the next row.  This leaves me with 7 stitches for the rest of the strap, and gives the strap a nice graduated effect.

I continued with regular stockinette for the length of each strap, bound off, and then seam stitched each of the straps to the back, aligned with the placement on the front.  Viola!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinytallgirl
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2005 10:11:02 AM »

Yeah, all I did was bind off as usual, but did a regular knit on 11 stitches (each set of 11 stitches for the straps is 7 inches apart) and left these 11 stitches on a stitch holder.

I then went back and did some light shaping on each of the straps.  I did 3 rows of regular stockinette, and then did p2tog at the first and last stitches of the next row, and then k2tog and the first and last stitch on the next row.  This leaves me with 7 stitches for the rest of the strap, and gives the strap a nice graduated effect.

I continued with regular stockinette for the length of each strap, bound off, and then seam stitched each of the straps to the back, aligned with the placement on the front.  Viola!

Holy crap!  Genius!  Beautiful!....it's...it's..it's Incredible!  (sorry, on a napoleon kick)  Beautiful Job!  I like your version better.  Being short and a bit chubby, tube tops make me feel like a walking stubby fool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
trickyteuse
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2005 11:17:35 PM »

I've got a Lelah too! This was awesome and such a quick knit Smiley

My sister and roommate want me to knit Lelah's for them...great pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wil Haygood: What Are You Reading?
The Party Bible: Genesis
Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
Top Brain, Bottom Brain and How We Communicate
Scott Berg Discusses His New Book Wilson
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...