A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lelah's done! (now with PATTERN)  (Read 109765 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karenie
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2005 08:47:30 PM »

i am so impressed with this pattern, and the fact that it looks consistently good on everyone. magic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life, in a knitterly fashion
http://knitterlyfashion.blogspot.com
bigang100
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2005 07:56:55 AM »

I absolutely love this pattern, but I am not sure it will look okay on my, ahem, ample bosom.  I wear a 36 D.  Has anyone else made one that is this large??  My measurement are 33" above 36" across and 30" below.  I would love to hear from someone!!!  Especially if you have a pic!!

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shots rang out, like shots are wont to do.
crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2005 11:54:24 AM »

I've been lurking around on here for a while and just wanted to share my Lelah--thanks for the great pattern!

Oooh!  Oooh!  I was also planning on using Simply Soft because I will be toting this sucker around on my vacay, and I want to be able to wash it when I get back.  Did you make the size M, or did you follow your own measurements?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MerLeigh
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2005 02:39:29 PM »

I've been lurking around on here for a while and just wanted to share my Lelah--thanks for the great pattern!

Oooh!  Oooh!  I was also planning on using Simply Soft because I will be toting this sucker around on my vacay, and I want to be able to wash it when I get back.  Did you make the size M, or did you follow your own measurements?

Well, I didn't want to do any calculations myself, so I just did the size M with smaller needles to get a tighter gauge and scale it down a bit.  I figured I'd be a size small.  I think that it worked, but I'm kinda new to all this gauge swatchy stuff, so who knows!  Anyway, probably not the best method, but it does fit! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DeadRedhead
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2005 04:36:43 PM »

I'm not sure whether that was a specific question for MerLeigh or not, but I thought I'd add my own two cents. I did size M, and it fits me. The most important thing, I think, is the elastic. As long as the elastic holds it up you won't have any problems, unless it is too small.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HelenaJane

I am Vodkasan Tobacci Tao!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2005 06:43:43 PM »

Bigang100 look no further.. I'm 32 across the top, a whopping 41 across the fullest part of the bust and a 32 below. I need to go back on a diet.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005 06:49:04 PM by HelenaJane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog! KNITTING FOR BOOZEHAGS....
www.knittingforboozehags.com
bigang100
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2005 05:46:39 AM »

Thank you so much HelenaJane (I feel like I just thanked a comic book hero!!!).  So, I should be fine if I just follow the pattern for your large!!  Yeah!!

P.S.  I love your blog which I read faithfully.  I agree, DMV sucks.  And lastly, you certainly don't need to go on a diet--you are absolutely beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shots rang out, like shots are wont to do.
Kellann
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2005 06:57:05 PM »

Okay, I am totally making this top happen ASAP!!!  I think I am going to use one of the new Knitpicks yarns...maybe Shine.  It is sport weight and I would have to have an XL size so any helpful hints would be great!!!!

Thanks for a great pattern!!!  I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get those needles movin' ladies and gents!"

www.kellannknits.blogspot.com
www.rosebagkal.blogspot.com
IslandTurtle
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2005 08:04:54 AM »

For mine I just used a cheapie yarn--Caron simply soft in plum wine.  So the whole thing cost about $3!

I love how yours came out. Can you tell me what size needles you used to make it with?

-Wendy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MerLeigh
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2005 03:53:21 PM »

For mine I just used a cheapie yarn--Caron simply soft in plum wine.  So the whole thing cost about $3!

I love how yours came out. Can you tell me what size needles you used to make it with?

-Wendy

Thanks!  I think I just used size 7s for the whole thing.  So my gauge was totally different than the pattern, more like 5 sts per inch.  I figured that way I'd be sure it wasn't see thru at the top and it'd a little slimmer fitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Doug Jaeger on How to Create Collaborative Film Project Teams
Behind the Scenes of Montana Fare
What Is a Timelapse Video
How to Stage a Hit and Run Using Special Effects
How to Make a Head Explode Using a Green Screen
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...