A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lelah's done! (now with PATTERN)  (Read 107014 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilacbutterfly
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2005 09:28:30 AM »

kabili, that is just great!  I love the original Lelah, but am not ample enough to wear it so that it would stay up!  With the variation, it just moved up my todo list.  I had put it on the backburner, concentrating on the honeymoon cami and branching out, as well as a million other projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinapickles
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2005 06:35:42 PM »

the Lelah with the sleeves is awesome!  I've been coveting this for awhile, but a bit bummed because i wouldn't be able to wear it to work (and lets face it...we spend a majority of our day at work!).  NOW..with those sleeves, it'd make a perfect summer wardrobe addition!
thanks!
tinapickles
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it weren't for STRESS, I'd have no energy at all....
Keridiana
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2005 07:02:05 PM »

kabili, that's a cool variation!  very nicely done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myjulybabes
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2005 06:36:13 AM »

Ok, here's a thought on straps---how about straps made in the same lace pattern as the bottom of the shirt?  You'd have to get a bra with those clear straps if you need straps so it doesn't show through the lace, but I think it would be cute.  What do you think?  Maybe they could be a little wider for a cap sleeve effect, or narrower for a near-spaghetti strap look? 

I'm still trying to figure out yarn for this.  I picked up some really pretty purple yarn at a garage sale over the weekend.  It's calling out to be made into this pattern, but I'm hesitating, because it's really thin yarn, fingering weight I think (it's old, the label isn't too clear), and crikey, to make it in my size, I'd be CO a billion stitches.  LOL That and it's 100% acrylic.  It's pretty soft, but I'm afraid it'll be too hot.   Anyone tried this in a mercerized cotton yet?  I'm working with some for Soleil from Knitty, and I'm loving how the fabric works up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HelenaJane

I am Vodkasan Tobacci Tao!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2005 06:58:57 AM »

Oh my god! I am totally floored by all of the great ideas, results, and tweaking going on here!
Kabali, it's gorgeous! What a great idea! A long sleeve version? I'm going to do one of those now! What about bell sleeves with 1 or 2 repeats of the lace for the cuffs? BRILLIANT!
All you girls ROCK!
Myjulybabes- Another excellent idea! I've actually been thinking of incorporperating a lace cap sleeve onto something in the future..

IMPORTANT UPDATE: For anyone mathmetically challenged (such as myself) LUCIA from the diet diary has put up a tool on her blog that will calculate lace/multiple stitches! ( http://www.thedietdiary.com/knittingfiend/tools/SixPlus1.html )
She also has a calculator for decreasing stitches evenly across a row here - ( http://www.thedietdiary.com/knittingfiend/tools/EvenlySpace.html )
ALSO converting rows/stitches to another gauge ( http://www.thedietdiary.com/knittingfiend/OrderForms/conversion%20pages/ConversionPage.html )
I swear ladies, this woman is my knitting savior! She's unbelievably kind and informative, so feel free to donate her 3 bucks for her services. I'm going to!
This is a great blog for anyone needing guidance in the technical aspects of knitting, more informative than most if not all books I have ever read, easy to navigate too. Speaking of which, she should write a book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog! KNITTING FOR BOOZEHAGS....
www.knittingforboozehags.com
Keridiana
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2005 08:26:14 AM »

helenajane, that's a rad site.  but i can't figure this out. i was trying out the sleeve decrease calculator.  what does this mean?

"k1, ssk, k until 1 stitch remains on left needle in row, k2tog, k1"

if there is only 1 stitch left to be knit, how can you k2tog and k1?  don'tcha need 3 sts left on that needle?

am i stupid?  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buki
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2005 10:34:20 AM »

i love this pattern and decided to make it with the yarn that i have that's been sitting around for awhile. it was going to be used for a shrug but that plan didn't turn out well. had to do several calculations but this pattern it only has a few and they're quite easy. anyway, i have a question when measuring bust size. when measuring, do i actually measure my bust with measuring tape or just get a # from the default bra sizes? o_oa

also on the cast on, how many stitches would it be if it were a small?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005 10:50:47 AM by buki » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HelenaJane

I am Vodkasan Tobacci Tao!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2005 02:23:47 PM »

Okay, first off, DON'T measure your actual bust. (or else there will be no amount of elastic that's gonna help you out!) Measure ABOVE the bust, underneath the armpits. That's how you are going to calculate your cast on stitches, based on your st per inch and the total inches above the bust. If you re-read the 1st page, it tells you how to calculate it, (by dividing by 11 for cast on) It's really easy to figure out, but if you need help just send me a message Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog! KNITTING FOR BOOZEHAGS....
www.knittingforboozehags.com
alreilly
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2005 10:10:21 PM »

Hey there,

Here is my addition to Lelah:

I was running out of town and needed something to work on - I saw Illanna working on this same pattern and I wanted to get in on the fun!  I really wanted one out of cotton because I live in AZ and it's darn hot here - but I didn't have time to run to a proper yarn store.... So I ran to a local craft store chain and picked up 6 balls of Sugar and Cream Cotton in a lovely colorway....

I knitted the lace pattern part and then because I don't have any boobs I needed to put a top and straps on it - so I used the general direction (making some of it up as I went along) from the Chick Kami pattern to do the top, complete with i-cords for the straps.  There are eyelets so I can put a ribbon if I want to - however I am not 100% sure if I am going to do that.

It blocked really nicely, however it's a bit big - no worries as I am sure it will come in hand if I ever decide to get preggers!

I don't recommend this yarn for clothing because after one wash it looked like it had been washed 20 times - but it was great to try the pattern with!

Thank for the pattern I can't wait to do others in different yarn!

:-) Alison
alreillygator AT yahoo DOT com
http://couldbefun.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Treasure Cat
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2005 10:31:12 AM »

Wow, these are all so beautiful!  I'm going to be joining in soon... just picked up some worsted weight cotton yarn, so my new lelah tube top won't be too warm for the summer.  Can't wait to start it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Curl Your Hair with a Curling Iron
How to Cut a One Line Length
How to Cut Graduation
How Not to Damage Your Hair
How to Analise Your Hair Type
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...