A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,868
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lelah's done! (now with PATTERN)  (Read 108197 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HelenaJane

I am Vodkasan Tobacci Tao!!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2005 11:07:56 AM »

I stayed up untill 2 am knitting this! Anyways, I will be posting the how-to shortly! Sorry for the crapola photo's, I had to do it via a mirror and my camera batteries were so dead it wouldn't even let me do it thru the live view!
This is named Lelah after Woolgathered on here, because I got so inspired by her neckwarmer!!!

Oh and I just used some bias tape I had laying around for the drawstring part! I'm not sure what I am going to use for that yet. It's just so you can get the gist!
LELAH PATTERN
Gauge: 8.5 st=2", 12 rows=2"
materials:
4 skeins Lopi lite (OR 436 yards of your preferred yarn, worsted weight, although you can probably use just about anything as long as you adjust your gauge)
Size 9 circulars (24" length)
Size 10 1/2 circulars (24" length)
Stich Marker
Matching thread
Needle
Elastic Band (I used 3/4")
I strongly suggest you measure above your bust tightly, do a swatch and figure out how many st you need for the inches - this way it'll fit you better, I again knitted this too big around the top and had to resort to the one over two bind off method! After you figure out how many stiches you need for the bust, round off to an even # (for the eyelets), divide by 11. You will have to add a few stitches to get a number divisible by 11, but you will take care of that in your decrease round!
But if you are a risk taker and are using cheaper yarn, I've made up 2 size directions. M and L. Keep in mind, mine is a large because I got me some big bazoonga's!
(finished length L is 15", M is 14"--- Finished width on bust with elastic in on L is 32" above the bust and about 40" on the bottom)
Cast on 154 for Large, 143 for Medium
For L do 8 repeats of rows 1-6, for M do 7.
Fishtail lace pattern
1: * P1, K1, YO, K2, sl 1, K2tog, psso, K2, YO, K1, P1*.
2: *P1, K9, P1.*
3: *P1, K2, YO, K1, sl 1, K2tog, psso, K1, YO, K2, P1*.
4: Rep Row 2.
5: *P1, K3, YO, sl 1, K2tog, psso, YO, K3, P1*.
6: Rep Row 2.
Now knit one round (I count the st on this row to make sure it's correct)
Switch to size 9 circulars
*this part is where you would take your bust measurement and subtract it from the stitches on the needles to figure out how many decreases*
1: Decrease Round: L- decrease 1 every 10th, M decrease 1 every 9th (or if you are using your own measurements, decrease evenly across round)
2: Knit one round
3: *YO,K2TOG*
4: Knit untill the stockinette part will cover your boob area lengthwise, then an extra inch (because you will be folding it over the elastic)
5: Bind off using the one over two method if you are following my pattern, bind off normally if you are using your own measurements..
Now you must BLOCK this piece!
Once blocked, take your elastic, and as if you were measuring yourself, wrap it around right above your boobs, pull on it a little, you want it snug but not so tight it cuts off your circulation or makes your boob fat pop out and over (shudder!). Now cut it.
Turn piece inside out and fold over the elastic, start sewing that puppy down with your matching thread but don't accidentally knit into the elastic. As you get near the end, you might need to pull the piece to gather in the back so you can keep folding over the elastic. To do this just hold the 2 elastic ends and pull sweater material to the back. When you get to about an inch of open sweater left, sew the 2 elastic ends together and finish sewing over the last bit. Voila!
Now you can use a ribbon, i-cord, crochet chain or whatever else you want and thread it through the eyelets! (This enhances the flare effect and contains your knockers quite nicely! If ya got big ones like me, you gotta keep them locked up tight!)
ONE OVER TWO METHOD:
K 3 st., *insert left needle into the 1st st knitted (like a regular bind off, only you will be passing your st over 2 instead of one) and lift up and over remaining 2*. K 1 st, repeat *
This creates a gathered edge which wil look puffy untill you block it.
If you do the front half with the 1 over 2, and the back 1/2 regular bind off, you will get a higher front and lower back, which is cool if you need more coverage!
I hope and pray these directions are okay!!!! But I'll answer any questions as quickly as I can if anyone gets stumped or stuck!
Keep in mind I am 5'11" and a FULL C cup if you are doing the L size!
AND I PROMISE! I am going to get one of those software cd's so I can translate my patterns better as well as provide more sizes!!!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008 06:07:11 AM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog! KNITTING FOR BOOZEHAGS....
www.knittingforboozehags.com
blumunchie
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005 11:10:48 AM »

Oh it looks so pretty!! Do post the pattern! I want to make one of these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flapperjakk
I heart wool and sharp pointy sticks!

WoolyWooskie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005 11:14:48 AM »

That's gorgeous!!!!! I'm soooo makin' one!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sure, I've got one of those knittin' blog thing-a-ma-jigs!
http://woolywooskie.blogspirit.com/
broadzilla
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005 11:16:44 AM »

Wow, that's hot!  I would definately be interested in the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Keridiana
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005 11:17:30 AM »

Love it - gotta make it!  I think I'll make it longer, like a babydoll?  so nice! although that orange that ended up being a skirt was a beautiful color too.  very very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vpop
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005 11:21:08 AM »

I love love love it!  So pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lespaulguitargurl
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005 11:47:25 AM »

I love it!  It is so pretty.  I can't wait for the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005 12:24:19 PM »

Holy freaking crap!!!!! Shocked That is absolutely gorgeous.  I am completely floored with how well that came out.  Go you!  I love the color.  And the ribbon.  And the lace pattern.  And your modelling skills as well.  Crappy mirror pic or no crappy mirror pic, it looks great on you nonetheless. 

I'm going over to your blog now so I can lavish you with some more praise there.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
HelenaJane

I am Vodkasan Tobacci Tao!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005 12:48:40 PM »

Haha Daria! I think I actually did knit a ranch house with that skirt!!!
Thank you everyone for the comps!! And feel free to tweak with this thing untill the cows come home!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog! KNITTING FOR BOOZEHAGS....
www.knittingforboozehags.com
Tere
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005 12:53:18 PM »

Tongue Beautiful. Really beautiful. Thank you SO much for the pattern.
Great job, HelenaJane,

Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Monday Makeover - Double Braid Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - Full Brow Tutorial
Day to Night Makeup Tutorial with Cynthia Rowley Beauty
Birchbox Sneak Peek: November 2013
Best Self Tanners For Fair to Dark Skin Tones
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...