A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 316,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newborn Eco-Friendly Diaper Tutorial (IMG HEAVY!)  (Read 33916 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AbbyRose
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2008 01:35:45 PM »

I have never seen flushable inserts available in the store but I know they sell them here www.gdiapers.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
dcsharpe
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2008 05:51:52 PM »

Could you use a paper towel, pull the two layers apart and use one at a time, folded in half? Would that be OK for a septic system?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2008 05:58:23 PM »

DAMN! You are amazing and thank you soo much for sharing such a wonderful and detailled tutorial. It must have taken ages.

And I always loved the gussets on store bought diapers, thanks for de-mystifying them for me Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
agrafikartist
Crafty-Happy

A Creative Mind Knows No Rest!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2008 05:41:52 PM »

Could you use a paper towel, pull the two layers apart and use one at a time, folded in half? Would that be OK for a septic system?
I'm not sure about paper towels and the septic system.  We use them when we run out of tp in the middle of the night.  LOL  But I don't know how they will do on a regular basis and they can clog the pipes, I've had that happen before.  Check this place out for some that aren't too expensive http://www.clothdiaper.com/sitemap/biosoft-flushable-diaper-liners.htm

Or, Google "Flushable Diaper Liners", that's what I did.  Gotta love Google. Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
agrafikartist
Crafty-Happy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2008 05:44:29 PM »

DAMN! You are amazing and thank you soo much for sharing such a wonderful and detailled tutorial. It must have taken ages.

And I always loved the gussets on store bought diapers, thanks for de-mystifying them for me Cheesy

Thanks, I thought they were a pretty clever design too.  Glad you liked it.  Hope you can follow the tutorial. 

BTW, if anyone wants the pattern and tutorial in a pdf file just pm me your email and I'll send it right along.  That way you can just print it out and go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LindseyPeek519
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2008 07:02:57 AM »

Fabulous! Thanks for the tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AbbyRose
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2008 07:30:09 PM »

Hey, just wondering how the diapers are working with your grandbaby. Have you made any more?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
gimmemoresalad
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2008 09:59:46 PM »

I'll have to remember this is here when I have my eventual kids... I have to cloth diaper, or I'll feel stupid about being so into my DivaCup but using disposable diapers  Tongue  It would be contradictory.  Excellent tute!  You clearly put so much love and effort into making it AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nana of chloe
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2008 07:47:39 PM »

Hi, that was a great idea to use a disposable to model your pattern from. Your tute was easy to read as you guided us through the steps. I wouldn't worry about the zig-zag stitch hurting the baby, it will soften up with frequent washing. The 'gusset'  was the best part. I've made some cloth nappies for my little grandaughter to wear, but as she was a winter baby and they live in a tiny flat disposables were best because there is a limit to just how many indoor clothes frames you can put in a room as well as all the other baby stuff  Smiley. I'm also a great fan of serging the edges - it takes away all that extra work of 'turning rightside out etc.'. Serging also stands up to a lot of washing, I know because the original cloth nappies I made for my first child in 1981 lasted through three babies and beyond (I gave them away when I had no further use for them  Smiley.
Your post has generated heaps of great ideas and made some of us think now of other ways to do things and that's what craftster is all about.
Did you consider leaving an opening in the back for an insert like a 'pocket nappy' ? (at least I think that's what they are called).
Cheers
THIS ROCKS   Logged
agrafikartist
Crafty-Happy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2009 08:15:51 PM »

Well, the diapers did really well.  The PUL was the best to use.  I didn't think about an extra pocket to add an extra soaker pad.  Interesting idea.  My dil didn't use them very much so I refuse to make her anymore.  Yeah, serged edges are just as soft as other cotton thread.  I heard that polyester thread can wick, I'm not sure if that would be a really problem or not.  My opinion is, if that happens change the babies diaper for heaven's sake.  LOL  And I found that turning it right side out was just a pain in the ass, no pun intended.  Anyway, they were diapers.  And if anyone wanted them that way they could do it that way, you know what I mean.  I was just looking for the easiest way to make them since I had to make a bunch.  The problem in this thread was a certain person would be mean in their criticism but for the most part I learned a lot from all the good, kind suggestions and ideas.  So, thanks again everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pretty Planters
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...