A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crocheted bracelet with charms  (Read 909 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 06, 2008 09:49:36 PM »

I wasn't sure if I should put this in crochet or jewelry, but since it's both, I figured it probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

This is my very first time working with crochet thread.  I enjoyed it a lot, and this was a very quick project.  (No pattern again, who do you think I am?   Grin)

It's not perfect, I need to plan the charms out better, and it ended up being too loose, but not bad for a first try.  Next time I'll make it way tighter, since it does end up stretchable.  (I only crocheted 6 across, not however-many around.  Maybe I'll try that once and see how that works, since it'll stretch less....)

I'm nutty!

C/C welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
MissVan722
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008 10:51:19 PM »

thats a really pretty color!
well if its to big, im sure you could find a friend with a thicker wrist. haha better luck next time i suppose.
awesome job tho!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Wonder Why So Many Can Be In Pain, When Others Don't Seem To Feel A Thing.
serendipity_sarah
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008 07:52:42 PM »

Oh...That's beautiful!  My favorite color! Wink  The thread you used has such a nice lustre to it and the silver charms compliment it nicely.  Great job! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlebiskit

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008 07:54:48 PM »

Oh...That's beautiful!  My favorite color! Wink  The thread you used has such a nice lustre to it and the silver charms compliment it nicely.  Great job! Smiley

Aww, thanks!  There's a lot I'll do differently, and I'd like to try some patterns in the crocheting, but I'm still really new at it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
serendipity_sarah
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008 12:46:52 PM »

Your stitches look nice and even.  I wouldn't have guessed that you are a crochet newbie.  If you make more, you should definately post them!  I don't wear bracelets very often but, I'd love one like this.  It looks like it would feel soft against the skin.  I'm wisting this! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlebiskit

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008 12:49:20 PM »

Your stitches look nice and even.  I wouldn't have guessed that you are a crochet newbie.  If you make more, you should definately post them!  I don't wear bracelets very often but, I'd love one like this.  It looks like it would feel soft against the skin.  I'm wisting this! Smiley

Eep!  I've never been wisted to my knowledge, I'm flattered!  I might just have to whip out a few more on my breaks at work.  *grin*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrAfTer21
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008 09:04:21 PM »

wow how different. I love that shade of blue yarn too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A dream is a wists your heart makes
http://www.wists.com/crafter21
mayamagination
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008 09:45:48 PM »

That is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Felt Pumpkin People
How to Make a Halloween Headwaiter Tray
How to Make Glow-in-the-Dark Pumpkins
Organized and Scary Halloween Workstation
How to Make Spooky Halloween Eyes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...