A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bag made out of DHL envelope (NOW WITH TUTORIAL)  (Read 3426 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Clem-Mon-Tine
« on: February 25, 2005 09:05:51 AM »

I made a bag last night out of a DHL shipping envelope. Best of all it was no sew (yay for staples!). Thought I'd share it with everyone. ^_^

1. Cut off the top of the envelope where the sticky strip is to close the envelope with. Also cut through ONE LAYER of the envelope, taking out about a 3 inch wide strip.
2. Staple the 3 inch strip you just cut out to the top of the envelope. This will be the flap.
3. Next fold the corners so the bag has shape and staple them (in other words, pinch the corners so the side of the bag and the bottom of the bag touch, you should have two triangles that stick out)
4. Staple along the bottom, and a little on the sides so the bag has a squareish shape. You may also choose to staple the corners in the opposite direction so they point down instead of out. Also during this step, take some scraps you have from other parts of the bag and staple these to the sides at the top. Also take additional scraps and make a strap for your bag (mine's about an inch wide)
5. attach the strap with staples and add the velcro (indicated by black squares). I used velcro with a sticky backing, but they're not very durable, I suggest stapling them on in addition.

That's it! Lemme know if anything's confusing!

Here's two other bags I've made out of packing envelopes. Both of which I got when I ordered something from Japan ^_^

This envelope was fairly stiff and formed like a shopping bag. I simply put some cardboard in it to keep it's square shape, added a strap(out of some fabric I had: to hide where I needed to staple it together I made that white thing out of extra envelope material, wrapped it around the strap and stuck some bubble wrap in there), made the decorative cord on the front and added some heavy duty velcro XD

This one was a soft plastic envelope. I added fabric on the sides and tapes around the edges to give the bag a little more weight. I also made a little bubble wrap envelope on the top of the flap. The closure on this one are those little straps, where I made bubble wrap loops they can go through to tie. There's also a back pocket made out of the information slip that was attached there. The strap is made out of fabric wrapped in bubble wrap ^_^

I apoligize for the horrible pictures but my camera phone is as good as I can do! ^_^;;;;
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005 07:50:33 PM by Clem-Mon-Tine » THIS ROCKS   Logged
polishgeek
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005 02:49:39 PM »

thats such a cool looking bag!:) How many things can u carry in it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clem-Mon-Tine
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005 11:28:25 AM »

quite a few actually. It's a decently sized bag. 'bout 9" x 9" x 2.5".
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Loriae

Minty Freshness!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005 10:26:27 PM »

It looks great a tutorial would be nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princess_me

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005 07:54:37 AM »

can you make a tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoneCheeze
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005 07:40:07 PM »

that's dandy, yes, do a tutorial
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clem-Mon-Tine
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005 11:58:10 AM »

I'll post a tutorial tonight ;p Also made two other bags out of postage envelopes I got from Japan, if interested I can post pics and tutorials of those too ;p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fur Fashion for Fall and Winter
Fur Trends for the Fall and Winter Season
Tips for Outfits That Break Fashion Rules
Tips for Finding the Right Coat
Layering Clothes Guide
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...