A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Link, from the Legend of Zelda... with free pattern!  (Read 56244 times)
Tags for this thread: zelda , link , video_game , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sherri5762
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008 03:33:17 AM »

My kids love Link!  One of them is always using him as their character when they play Super Smash Bros. 

Sherri
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RepentantAngel
Empress of the World At Large

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008 11:01:46 AM »

I love this! Thank you so much for the pattern! I will be making him. Now, I just need a Zelda pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people have midnight snacks.
I have midnight amigurumis. ^_^

www.yarncreations.wordpress.com

"Oh, Ackbar. You dumb, dumb, dumb fish man."
---My boyfriend
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008 07:41:47 PM »

I started this today! Have the hands done so far. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008 12:35:19 PM »

If you want him to have fingers, you could use the glove pattern from my Wakko Warner? But if nubbins are fine with you... (Right after I finished him I wish I had made hands with fingers, so I could put a little Triforce symbol on the back of his left hand... I'm such a nerd.)

Also, I've had people tell me that attaching the arms to the body is confusing. Methinks I will draw an explanation diagram or something in MS Paint...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008 01:52:13 PM »

If you want him to have fingers, you could use the glove pattern from my Wakko Warner? But if nubbins are fine with you... (Right after I finished him I wish I had made hands with fingers, so I could put a little Triforce symbol on the back of his left hand... I'm such a nerd.)

Also, I've had people tell me that attaching the arms to the body is confusing. Methinks I will draw an explanation diagram or something in MS Paint...
I've assembled many stuffies so I'm sure I'll figure it out. I could TRY to take some picture when I get to that part for you. I say try because I have really good intentions and typically forget! lol
I'm substituting the lighter green for his "sleeves/arms" with grey since I didn't have that particular shade of green. and paying 2.00 for a skien of yarn that will only get a few yards used is a bit wasteful for me right now. lol I'm also going to make the belt out of felt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2008 01:35:57 PM »

I've assembled many stuffies so I'm sure I'll figure it out. I could TRY to take some picture when I get to that part for you. I say try because I have really good intentions and typically forget! lol
I'm substituting the lighter green for his "sleeves/arms" with grey since I didn't have that particular shade of green. and paying 2.00 for a skien of yarn that will only get a few yards used is a bit wasteful for me right now. lol I'm also going to make the belt out of felt.

Oh! You can takes pictures if you'd like, that might be nice...
And if you have black yarn, you could make him Dark Link instead of green?  Wink Some red eyes, a little smirk... maybe grey or dark hair... haha...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008 06:48:18 PM »

I thought I'd update you on my progess. It's been slow as I've been busy with other things but I HAVE to finish him before next saturday. He's a pressie for my little brother.
I have finished the hands, arms, boots, leggs and butt. Smiley Still have a bit to go but doing fairly well I think. I wish I had thought to take pictures of the leg-butt stitching for you. It was fairly easy just had to make sure not to attach legs backwards! lol
You might want to put a note in the pattern that it may not make sense but if you follow it it will look right.
I added the boots after attaching the legs because I didn't have anything to add to them for weight. Worked out jsut fine I whip stitched those boots on without a problem. So I have a very strange stuffie in my WIP bag! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Salo
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2008 12:08:47 PM »

He is absolutely adorable! Thanks a lot for posting the pattern. I can't wait til I finish all my Christmas projects, so I can make him for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hipmama1970
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2008 01:10:22 PM »

Oh my goodness, my daughter Maya LOVES Link. How cool! This is a great job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen, homeschooling mom of 4
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008 07:39:17 PM »

Well I finally finished! I assembled him completely yesterday. I used fun fur for the hair which had a unique "manga" look and was prefect. I as a result did not do the bottom triangle for the hair as it had enough mass without it. If I'd thought about that I would have omitted one of the smaller top triangles too.
I did find a few things confusing one totally my fault. I used a grey color for  his sleeves and forgot that that was the color I was supposed to use under the tunic. So he is green on green in that area. (my brother didn't notice so it was ok.)

Second mistake I put the hands in the wrong end of the sleeves so he had this weird football shoulder thing going on. It might be good to specify which end of the sleeve you are to attach the hand to (wide end or narrow) and I also had no idea what the purpose of flipping the parts inside out to attach was so I just stuck it in the sleeve and sewed it in.
When I turned it inside out I would up with a funny seam so doing it the above way fixed that for me.
I don't know how but my hands came out much smaller than yours? Perhaps a problem on my part as my mind tends to wander. But hey he's done, my brother loves him and I plan to try to tweak the pattern to make Legolas from LotR next. Smiley
Here's his post:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284418.0

Thanks again for sharing the pattern I really appreciate it! It totally was the perfect gift for my brother!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy And Delicious Thanksgiving Side Dishes
How to Make a Thanksgiving Feast for Under $50
Enthusiasts Brave Cold Weather For Amazing Sandwiches
4 Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Sides
Cheap Leftover Turkey and Stuffing Pot Pie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...