A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,506
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Book-Lovers Swap Gallery!  (Read 26587 times)
Tags for this thread: vampire , librarian , book  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2008 05:50:01 AM »

dancecrafter, that tissue box cover is such a cool idea! It looks great. Your tote bag is really cute, too.

morglanc, your evil kitty is quite a cutie! My cats love to sleep on anything terrycloth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
Foxlet

Mad scientist in the making

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2008 06:43:34 AM »

Dancecrafter, I really like the embroidery on the bag, as well as the tissue box cover.

I've received from my fantastic partner antarcticraft! I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done with my homework. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog ; Ravelry ; Wists ; Twitter

I play the web.

Personal swap friendly!
Foxlet

Mad scientist in the making

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2008 08:06:57 AM »

So I came home from school today and checked the mailbox. There was a little slip of paper letting me know there was a large envelope waiting for me at the post office. I immediately dumped the rest of the mail back in the box and dashed off to the post office. You should have heard the squees. Cheesy

The envelope was indeed my package from the fabulous antarcticraft! I absolutely adore everything, so expect a lot of gushing and exclamation marks and pictures. Click on the images to see the larger version.

Everything was wrapped so nicely, with this fantastic ribbon. Also note the Alice card and the adorable little 'Handmade by antarcticraft' tag. Both are now on my wall. Smiley

The smallest package contained these fantastic Alice in Wonderland magnets! I've scattered them all over my room, like little surprises for whenever I turn my head. (The Mad Hatter and Alice having tea are attached to a tin that used to contain Earl Grey and now contains buttons, for example. Smiley )

In the green package was this. It's the Librarian from Discworld! He's so cute, and I'm sure he'll do a fantastic job keeping my books in check. Wink Here he is in his natural habitat.

In the largest package was a huge tote for taking books to and from the library. (To give you a sense of scale, that's our dinner table. No, seriously.) It's pretty and sturdy and huge and has pockets on the insides! I sense that it's going to be rather useful in the future.

What does the embroidery say? This:

Which I totally am. The stitches are so perfect! I'm always awed by embroidery, mostly because I have neither the talent nor the patience for it. Cheesy

And like that wasn't enough, there were more things nestled inside the bag:

The book is Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. It's definitely going near the top of my to-read pile! The ribbons? They belong to these:

Two fantastic bookmarks! The 'curious' one is already marking the page in one of the books I'm currently reading. (Artemis Fowl And the Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer, fyi. I always find out when a new part is out by happening upon it in a book store. Cheesy )

And finally, some American sweets. I love Starbursts, so they're mostly gone already. I've never tasted peanut butter, so obviously I had to sample the peanut butter cups. And then have another to make sure. Tongue My verdict: strange, but good. Sort of sweet and salty at the same time, maybe. I'll try and save the remaining ones to use as NaNoWriMo incentives. Cheesy

Thank you so much, Jacquelyn! I absolutely adore everything! Swapping with you was a joy.

(In completely unrelated news, the new Kaiser Chiefs album is really, really good.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog ; Ravelry ; Wists ; Twitter

I play the web.

Personal swap friendly!
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2008 08:12:44 AM »

That's a cool bag and I think I'll be wisting the Librarian. OOK! Coincidentally I had Reese's Cups for the first time the other day. Peanut butter chocolate is hard  to get here and I do like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimberly_Star
« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2008 08:23:26 AM »

I love the bag and will be wisting that!  The notecard and book marks are really cool, too!  Great job, antarcticraft!

Is it wrong that I'm also planning on wisting the candy?!   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2008 08:25:52 AM »

Two more incredible packages! 

I love love love the tissue cozy - for those sad books!  Wink

And the bookmarks have to be my favorite of all the cool stuff antarcticraft sent.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

antarcticraft

« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2008 08:30:29 AM »

I'm so glad you liked everything, Foxlet! I was so excited when I stumbled upon a pattern for an orangutan. He's also got pipe cleaners in his arms and legs so you can pose him or have him suck his thumb. Smiley

The bag was my own design, inspired by one I have, and I took step-by-step photos that I'm planning on posting as a sort of tutorial. I've found that my large tote is really handy for taking to and from classes at college, which inspired me to add the little pockets inside for pens and notebooks and things.

I should also note that all papercrafts used actual pages from the 1946 edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, which proved a  great source of images. I generally prefer using originals, rather than scanned images like some crafters, because  when it comes to things like paper, I love crafts that re-use old materials rather than making new ones. This particular book had a badly damaged cover but the pages were in great shape (except where some young ruffian wrote over them in pencil). Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
McJulie-O
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2008 10:54:23 AM »

So, antarcticraft,
Just how big is that "bibliophile" totebag? It LOOKS big, but am bad on scale.

Nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
antarcticraft

« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2008 10:59:31 AM »

I'll post the actual lengths when I post my process tonight (I have them written down somewhere), but if I recall, it should be about a foot and a half-ish top-to-bottom, and about a foot wide?

And thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sinjah
« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2008 11:50:33 AM »

Wow, such awesome, awesome, awesome packages! I'm gone for a week and I come back to all these wonderful stuff! I especially love all the decoupaged things!

Antarcticraft, I love the magnets and the librarian!!

Artemis Fowl And the Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer, fyi. I always find out when a new part is out by happening upon it in a book store.
Ooooh, I've been meaning to read that! I've actually been looking for it, but Greek bookstores (or should I say, the only Greek bookstore that has books in English) are sucky and don't have it. And, as much as I love Artemis Fowl, I always find out that there's a new one in exactly the same way, with the last book being the only exception Cheesy

(In completely unrelated news, the new Kaiser Chiefs album is really, really good.)
Is it, is it? I've been meaning to get it but keep forgetting! I wasn't crazy over their second album, I have to admit.

Um... Yeah, sorry for spamming Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap? Yes please! Looking for jersey scraps.
Will craft for yarn.

The crafting blog
The pinterest
The wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make A Beaded Wedding Hair Accessory
How to Get a Kiera Knightly-Inspired Hairstyle
Fall 2013 Hair Trends at New York Fashion Week
Spring 2013 Hair and Fashion Trends
Hair With Hollie: Miranda Kerr Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...