PIRATE Swap – Returns from Davey Jones Locker - Gallery can be foudn at the following URL.http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=274697.0
Swap name: PIRATE Swap – Returns from Davey Jones Locker
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Justin Kase
Sign-up date range: 9/12/08 – 9/30/08
Date to send item by: 11/3/08
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Age requirement? 13
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
Details of swap:
Avast Ye Scallywags. I be Captain Justin Kase of the Dread Pirate Ship SeaMonkey and I have returned from Davey Jones locker with the Pirate Swap. I am searching for those of the brethren Court who be of the crafting sort to outfit fellow buccaneers with piratey type accoutrements.
Now I know as pirates you be just used to taken things, but if ye try that aboard my ship I have yer guts for garters boyo.
We be using the numbering system for this here swap. You have to send yer partner enough booty to equal 4-6 points.
Small Item = 1 point
Med Item = 2 Points
Large Item = 3 Points
For those cabin boys and girls among us (new swappers) there might be a bit of a confusion as to what is a large, medium, and small item. So here's a handy map. This is not totally set in stone, but is a rough estimate of sizes described by time it takes to make package, by physical size and by cost:
Small = By time, 2 or less hours of crafting. By $$$, $10 or less. By size, Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks…
Medium = By time, 2 or more hours of crafting. By $$$, $10-$30. By size, one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf…
Large = By time, 3 or more hours of crafting. By $$$, $30 or more. By size, A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse…
Remember, the important thing to remember out on the high seas is communication. And as this is such long voyage I be expecting a carrier pigeon, message mirrors, or even smoke signals to deliver a letter to the board of this hear swap or send me a PM once every two weeks to make sure you haven’t been taken to Davey Jones’ Locker. If’n ye don’t communicate… we send the Kraken after ye.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: PIRATE Swap – Returns from Davey Jones Locker
Your real name:
Your Pirate Name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
ADD OTHER SWAP SPECIFIC QUESTIONS HERE...
1) What be Your Pirate Name?
2) Scallywag, Sea Dog, or Land Lubber?
3) What kinds of pirates do you like (movie book, anthing!)
4) What are some of your favorite aspects of pirates?
5) Do you have any tattoos? What are they?
6) What be your favorite colors?
7) What types of craftin do you do?
What types of booty and swag would you be interested in receiving for this swap?
9) Any allergies to be benefit to your mortal enemies?
10) Any allergens in your home to keep your mortal enemies at bay?.
11) Anything else you would like your partner to know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PIRATES HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
Feedback EnteredSending Late with CommunicationContact Moderators
Some Piratey Inspiration
Pirate Swap Galleryhttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=74152.0
Skull and Skeleton Swaphttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243854.0
Goonie Never Say Die Swap Galleryhttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235213.0
Becuase Pirates Should Always Have a Treasure Chest (Shameless Self Promoting on this one)http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=258866.0
Pirates of the Carribean Swap Round 2http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=165971.0
Pirates of the Carribean Swaphttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=109042.0
Piratey Arm Warmershttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=265248.0