A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
832 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alexander Mcqueen Kimono Jacket sew-along anyone? FREE pattern download!!  (Read 23877 times)
Tags for this thread: alexander_mcqueen  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nanamerny
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009 09:07:29 AM »

I have just recently found and downloaded this pattern.  I was absolutely fascinated when I saw the pictures.  I have printed out a small version of the pattern, which I cut out and began to put together with tiny pieces of tape following the instructions that were given with the pattern.  As I folded it together it looks like it will work pretty well.  I was actully quite impressed with how well the lines match up.  My little folded, origami looked very much like the pictures except on the lower back.  The center back points point toward center back instead of away from center back.  I can't get the nice inverted "V" shape that is seen in the pictures.  I am hoping this inverted "V" can be manipulated into place in the fabtic where it is difficult to do in the paper version.  I plan to do a muslin first and work out the bugs.  Also, in the instructions it leaves out matching the "X" markings.  And does anyone know what size this pattern is?  Some have said it is too small, but no one has said what size it is. I haven't decided on fabric yet; waiting to see how the muslin works out to make that decision.  However, I have decided that if I go to all the work to make this I want it to be in a fabric that would go with many basics so I will wear it alot.     
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CostumeCat

Not a crazy cat lady, just crazy...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010 11:26:50 PM »

Realize I'm a bit late, but I was just looking at another sew along and this one got my attention too. It's "sew" pretty, I might give it a go after the other jacket Smiley Anyone have any completed pics yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stay at home cat mum to 6 fuzzy babies Smiley
podsgirl
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012 07:44:50 PM »

Hi there,

Well, it seems I'm jumping in waaaay to late in the thread but I do wonder how the sew-along fared. I would very much like to see what you guys have done! I found this pattern just a few days ago and decided to plunge ahead and do it. It was a bumpy ride but well worth it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loukr
Tutorial Contributor

Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle . .

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012 01:30:56 AM »

Hey guys, I never got round to it.. it's still all printed out ready to make but I just never have the time to really concentrate on it, which is a shame! I WILL have the time some time though as I'd still love to make it. Feel free to post in the thread though with pics etc if you've completed it or progress piccies Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tutorials, features, bloggyness http://www.dearestjackdaw.com/

Do you have an ever increasing pile of scraps waiting for the perfect project? Why not join in our Altered Fashions sew-along! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354356.0
loukr
Tutorial Contributor

Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle . .

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012 05:15:12 AM »

AMAZINGNESS! Can't wait for your tute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tutorials, features, bloggyness http://www.dearestjackdaw.com/

Do you have an ever increasing pile of scraps waiting for the perfect project? Why not join in our Altered Fashions sew-along! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354356.0
podsgirl
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012 01:17:25 AM »

AMAZINGNESS! Can't wait for your tute!!
Thank you for your kind words :-) Working on the tute....wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
podsgirl
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012 07:17:28 PM »

Can't wait to see your McQueen!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013 09:52:30 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CFL Reader Stephany Prata Paiva Gets a Makeover
How to Get Vampire Eyes for Halloween
Inside Cosmo for Latinas Fall/Winter Issue
Tips for a Sexy Smokey Eye
How to Do Pixie Lott-Inspired Eye Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...