A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alexander Mcqueen Kimono Jacket sew-along anyone? FREE pattern download!!  (Read 25610 times)
Tags for this thread: alexander_mcqueen  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loukr
Tutorial Contributor

Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle . .

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008 11:31:52 AM »

I haven't had a look yet.. I was going to just make my mock-up using scraps from my fabric stash.. then see how it holds with that.. but to begin with I'll probably use something that'd be suitable for a pair of curtains Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tutorials, features, bloggyness http://www.dearestjackdaw.com/

Do you have an ever increasing pile of scraps waiting for the perfect project? Why not join in our Altered Fashions sew-along! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354356.0
little button
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008 04:15:13 PM »

Not got any photos of it - will have to get some taken when I am feeling better

loukr, IMO you want a stable fabric, but not something too stiff or thick (ie don't think a lot of curtain fabric would be suitable), otherwise you could have problems creating all those lovely crisp folds and end up with too much bulk on the back - when the item is finished you can feel by the weight there is a lot of fabric there. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rozenrood
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008 02:29:40 PM »

Wow, that's such a lovely Jacket. I would love to join the sew-along.
I've just downloaded the pattern, printed it and am now cutting and glueing it all up. I would love this in a silk taffeta, it would be great for the holidays, better do a muslin first though.

I've no idea how this will work out, maybe because:
the only fabric in my stash that might work for a muslin is a quite thick linnen
i'm not really getting the instructions
I would like to lengthen the jacket a bit
and last but not least ... I'm probable twice the size of the model and with all the pleats or maybe they're darts am not sure where to start adding width  Tongue

Well I'll just see how things go, I do think it will be worth the trouble in the end.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loukr
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008 05:54:29 AM »

I'd make your first muslin up in the original size, and go from there working out where you'll need more. I can imaging lengthening it should be the easiest part, but increasing the size maybe a little more tricky :S I've had no time to even start this yet Sad I so want it tooooo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you have an ever increasing pile of scraps waiting for the perfect project? Why not join in our Altered Fashions sew-along! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354356.0
limegreenjelly

Lesson One Learnt: Dont Sew Fingers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008 03:15:00 PM »

i fancy a sewalong but it may be a while till i grab fabric and cut stuff out, as i'm currently in uni and havent got my sewing machine  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blueshoegal
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009 11:59:25 AM »

Okay...so I've gone to the trouble of printing it all off (can't see anywhere where it says you need more than one bit of each piece - where was that?) but I'm so confused by the instuctions? I don;t want to break things  Cry so am asking for help  Huh  Huh  Huh - is there a walk through (video or ENGLISH - not gibberish) of putting the bits together that is clearer anywhere!?

Pleas help  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AuntDianna
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009 01:39:02 PM »

I love the jacket, A sew along might help , I also larger than the model I'm going to show this to my daughter and see if she would be interested in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pamcake1323
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009 04:06:15 PM »

I first saw this jacket a year ago..I had just started teaching myself to sew.. (didn't even know how to use a machine). There is still lots I don't know but I'm not as intimidated by this jacket. I might join in if it isn't too late? I am a huge procrastinator though so it may take me forever Roll Eyes

I haven't read through all of the instructions but what I did look at seemed to be very confusing. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loukr
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009 10:38:31 AM »

I never started the thing.. I'm too worried about messing up and just haven't got the time at the moment Sad
nor the money, or fabric.. meeehhhhhhh!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blueshoegal
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009 11:54:44 AM »

Have soe gorge fabric, but don't want to waste it getting this horrible wrong. I just don;t see how people knew they needed a certain amount of certain bits. I printed out all the pattern pieces and was just more confused. Maybe its a bit ol trick! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Volume and Bounce to Hair
Bespoke Labs T3 Tourmaline Featherweight Dryer Review
FHI Heat Technique Ceramic Ion Styling Iron Review
Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Straightener Review
How to Create Volume with a Round Brush and Blow Dryer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...