A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
369 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: messenger bag with gusset tutorial  (Read 502354 times)
Tags for this thread: messenger_bag , tutorial , featured_project , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scandibird
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2004 09:45:16 AM »

I don't know what Jipster did to her bag, but the 'Dirk' shopping bag is made from 'reinforced' plastic and somewhat stiff already, so I assume there wouldn't be any need for interfacing of any kind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2004 02:51:32 PM »

This is an excellent tutorial! I was working on one with a denim lining and a patchwork cover.
I kinda threw it to the side awhile ago and forgot about it ...guess I'll have to revive it.
Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hinke
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2004 02:54:14 AM »

Jipster, what a fantastic idea using the 'Dirk' bags!!  Cheesy
I see them everywhere (live in Amsterdam too!) and kinda like the bright simple red/white design, but basically, it's a carrier bag isn't it, so not very comfortable to use.. Your bag on the other hand, would be 'cool' AND comfortable!!!
Hmm, will look for you in town... Wink
Another thing... you could sell those on Queens Day!! People would love them!!

Glad you like it, scandibird. I've been carrying the bag around this week and got lots and lots of compliments! Told people of your idea to sell them on Queens Day, and they all thought the bag would be sould out in no time. So maybe i'll try to make some before the 30th of april.

Just curious, how did you end up in Amsterdam? You're not Dutch, are you?

....is it squishy or did you add something to it to make it stand up a bit more(carboard sandwiched in?)thanks..and sorry again..I looked an  looked and did not see anything.....

allisonwonderland, Scandibird is right about the reinforced plactic (could not find the right word myself)  The original shopping bag is made out of some sort of weaved plastic with an extra layer of plastic on it. The material is pretty sturdy so my bag didn't need any cardboard. The inside has a lining of some sweet striped fabric, just for the looks and because the plastic fabric is kind of rough on your hands - it feels more comfortable now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

why don't you crafty hipsters read Dutch?
scandibird
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2004 08:40:42 AM »

Jipster, you're right... not dutch. Norwegian really, but lived in England for a long time too. Boyfriend got transferred here (works for Epson in Van der Madeweg). Have been mostly crafting and also done some freelance work since I've been here. (Sell my things in Geboortewinkel on Bosboom Touissantstraat (sp?) and Imagine on Amstelveenseweg among other places.  Smiley )
Hey, we should go for a crafty biertje!!  Wink
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004 08:44:00 AM by scandibird » THIS ROCKS   Logged
hinke
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2004 07:41:40 AM »

(Sell my things in Geboortewinkel on Bosboom Touissantstraat (sp?) and Imagine on Amstelveenseweg among other places.  Smiley )

wow, it's wonderful that you're able to sell your things, imagine it feels great to earn money with what you like doing best. I know the Geboortewinkel, its just around the corner, well, almost, from where i live. I'll have a look when I'm around.
Hey, we should go for a crafty biertje!!  Wink

That would be so nice! When typing my last reply i was thinking of inviting you for a crafty coffee somewhere, but I guess bier is even better  Smiley  mind if i bring my knit work?  Wink
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004 07:45:51 AM by jipster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

second-hand-smoke
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2004 04:21:45 PM »

i wanted to say thank you for the awesome tutorial! i didn't think i could make a bag like this but you made it so easy!! here is what i did with it:

front of first "onion bag"

back of bag (notice i added a pocet on the back)

and the inside (i also added a pocket to the inside)

and here's the front and back of the second bag:

i added a pocket to both the front and the back of this bag as well as the inside. this one is lined in yellow felt. for some reason the picture wouldn't load, but it basically looks the same as the other except i stitched around the top of this one.

both bags are made out of recycled onion bags and have extra long straps so you can wear them with the strap across your chest like a messenger bag (and no, they don't smell like onions except when you first iron them.  Wink in fact, the one i've been carrying smells like spearmint gum!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

second hand smoke: Recycle-Remix-Refresh
http://secondhandsmoke-stuff.com
gloriana
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2004 02:20:40 PM »

Those are so cute!!  I love the idea of using a recycled onion bag...  mad props to you for that.  I'm so glad you found the tutorial helpful.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
hinke
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2004 08:09:23 PM »

your onion bag turned out great, shs! love the print and the way you used it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mizswim4him

yeah whatever..

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2004 05:41:21 AM »

Cool. thanks a lot. I'm not really into messeger bags myself but i could make some for my site!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Doll Parts
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2004 09:23:24 AM »

Great Tutorial, Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 25/29
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 27/29
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 24/29
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 2/29
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 20/29
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...