A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 303,135
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: messenger bag with gusset tutorial  (Read 517900 times)
Tags for this thread: messenger_bag , tutorial , featured_project , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Second rule is, be nice to mommies!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2005 11:25:07 PM »

I LOVE that pac-man fabric, there's nothing that interesting in the babric shop here  Roll Eyes Oh well.
I'm planning on making a 'Clockwork Orange' themed bag, just need to design it and buy the stuff, and off I go!

Creative Rainbow, post pics of your bag when finished.  It sounds v. cool  My 20 mos. old daughter asks for "eggie weggies" when she wants eggs...  My husband is such a nut.
« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2005 10:37:04 PM »

Here is my first attempt at a messanger bag.  the pics are really crappy, thanks to a cheap camera and bad lighting. 

(that's a scattering of buttons if you couldnt tell--my attempt at embelishment)

and the inside:

I wish you could see the lining a little better.  I love walmart's fabric dollar table!
The straps are attached on the outside and there's no pockets and no closing mechanism...just wanted to see if i could put one together and it's perfect for school books.   I'm definitely going to be making a lot more and try to sell them in my shop. 

Fun and run should never be in the same sentence, that's like saying, "look at my humour tumour!"
-Ardal O'Hanlon
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2005 02:49:46 PM »

I made this bag a while ago, and finally got around to taking pictures.

The tutorial was great!  Thanks so much!

everybody's got something to hide, except for me and my monkey

Do I really look like the purple people eater?

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2005 09:09:08 AM »

there is a tutorial for this really cute bag that is really similar, tho i think yours is just as cute. 

here is the site:

thanx for listening,

"If you will it, it is no dream."

-T. Herzel

Linnea, one of the dolls I've made.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2005 07:24:28 PM »

I am currently working on making this fab bag.  The thing is, I'm trying to make it reversable.  Medea (top of page 16- punk rock skull bag) made hers reversable.  I pm'd her, but haven't gotten a response.  She handstitched hers.  I don't want to hand stitch!  So far I have made the complete inner bag and the complete outer bag.  Now I need to figure out how to join them so that I can turn it!  I have them pinned together, rst, waiting for a very clever and kind crafter to come and help me figure this out! 

« Last Edit: June 08, 2005 07:26:23 PM by Bettsi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Success isn't final, failure isn't fatal;
It is the courage to continue that counts.
-Winston Churchill
Poor College Student

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2005 11:25:31 PM »

I haven't made a reversible bag yet, but I believe that you would make it like a regular bag and lining, but instead of attaching right side to wrong side, attach them right side to right side.

YouTube Channel Home to my animations and video shorts
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2005 07:06:16 AM »

Actually, I think you would make it exactly the same way as a regular bag.  The bag I have right now is not reversible, but if you were to turn it inside out, the right side of the lining would be on the outside, which is what you want in a reversible bag.  The only trick is the closure, if you have one - there are some that  don't work well because the flap gets turned over when you reverse the bag. 
Poor College Student

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2005 11:03:45 AM »

Hehe, you're right.  Thanks efitch.  I saw a cute closure using ribbon ties that would be reversible.

YouTube Channel Home to my animations and video shorts
« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2005 03:53:00 PM »

Excellent tutorial. Everyone's bags are lovely!! You can check out mine here:

or here:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2005 03:05:20 PM by bombaygirrrrrrrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2005 12:25:30 PM »

As far as reversible bags go -- I've made a reversible Jordy bag and it was no problem. The only things you have to keep in mind are
1. The closure -- you can't exactly use snaps if you're going to make it reversible, so ribbon might work. Or no closure at all.
2. The visible stitching you do to close up the hole in the lining will be very visible if you turn it inside out so the "lining" is now the "outside." When I made the reversible jordy, I remedied this by making the stitching stand out all over the entire bag with a contrasting color, and I stitched both corners the same way so they matched and one corner wasn't different. With the messenger bag, you might consider leaving two holes open (the entire length of the bottom of the lining...basically, you'd stitch the sides and corners together, but not the bottom) and top-stitching them both at the end so it would be symmetrical and look like it was supposed to be that way.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
College Circuit Comedian Tips
How to Craft Your Onstage Persona as a Comedian
How to Use Storytelling to Promote a City and Its Scenes
Banksy Art and Its Lessons on Leadership
Chris Hinkle on How Music Education Applies in Product Design Career
Latest Blog Articles
Beware! Black Cats!
Meatless Monday: Pickled Peppers
Spotlight on: Precious Metal Clay

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...