A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: messenger bag with gusset tutorial  (Read 501018 times)
Tags for this thread: messenger_bag , tutorial , featured_project , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sashafantastique
Snap, crackle, craft!

Lets turn on the juice and see what shakes loose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2005 08:01:47 PM »

sorry to  get back so late on this response, but!

::::i would like to make the messenger bag but i would like to know where you put the cardboard piece in? and do u sew it in or glue it or just place it?::::::

When I put the cardboard in I just made the hole in the bottom of the lining big enough to fit the cardboard through. I didn't sew it into place it just all stays in place in some magical way   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amylynne78

wammanuffaschmmookie?

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2005 11:45:25 PM »

so...i finally figured out how to resize host and post my pictures (MAYBE) so i thought i'd post a pic of my very first sewn bag EVAH.!
i was just a practice run kinda thing, so i didn't use any interfacing or anything, so it's kinda floppy. i really like the size though (approx 11x14") and it was pretty easy thanks to your awesomly clear instructions. i think im gonna put an applique` of the contrasting fabrics on each side of the flap..the blue is technically the outside, but....it's reversible!! whoopie!! so here goes.... 

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011 03:16:16 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"all in the golden afternoon full leisurely we glide; for both our oars, with little skill, by little arms are plied, while little hands make vain pretence our wanderings to guide. "  ~lewis carroll
houseworkhater
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2005 06:35:25 PM »

what a great bag!  and i really like the fabrics, too.  thanks for such a great tutorial, especially the gussets--i have been looking for some clear directions on that very thing!!  Smiley
i'm definitely inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fitz28
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2005 07:38:23 PM »

Hey i just used this tutorial--but at one of the last parts where it said to put the "bag" inside the "lining", i did that, and had to make a hole in the bottom of the "bag" to turn it right side out. Can anyone please explain the last few steps to me?  I'm very frustrated because 1) my bag is HUGE and i can't function with it and 2) there's holes all over the place for turning it.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gleek
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2005 12:43:17 PM »

Grin

hooray! i finally finished my bag! i LOVE this tutorial. thank you so much for putting this together! i didn't have any problems following the directions.. you did a really great job of putting this together. if anyone is having troubles with their bags, i'd be happy to help. just send me a message. ok, without further ado, here's my "ode to veggies bag".

i put a little side pocket in the bag so i could put my mobile phone there and not lose it  Tongue and my metrocard pocket is key! what i love about this bag is that it's all business on the outside but on the inside it's a fun print. i can wear it anywhere. you can see more photos here: [url]http://www.gleek.net/gallery/main.php/v/crafty//url]

i can't wait to make another one! i have soooooo much fabric now. i'm thinking about doing a jordy bag next.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006 08:21:39 PM by gleek » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spend time idly at
gleek.net
Juliana
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2005 05:52:34 AM »

Hi, Gloriana.
Thank you so much for this tutorial!

The pattern was super-super easy to draft, and it sewed up easily too.  I really love my bag. 

I don't have a digicam, but maybe I'll post some pics later.

Thanks again!  I'm definitely going to make more!  My pretty floral bag is such a refreshing change from the black satchel I've been carrying around!

Thanks again!
Juliana

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2005 03:43:47 PM »

My pleasure, everyone!  Gleek, your bag looks great.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
Abulletcalledlife

All the roses blossom into the skulls this season.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2005 10:56:56 AM »

Hey, is there any way you could tell me what the dimensions are used in your tutorial?

I love it to death, and im going to make one of my own. I'm just.... retarded when it comes to size. =/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just live in love. ♥
gloriana
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2005 03:59:48 PM »

This particular bag's finished dimensions are: 13" long, 10"wide, and 2 1/2" deep.  The strap is 48" long and the flap is 7 1/2" long.  I added 1" to all measurements when cutting out the fabric and used 1/2" seam allowances.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
bracelet_girl
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2005 04:02:41 PM »

Thank you for the tutorial.  Cheesy I'm going to buy some material on tuesday and have a go at making one of these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My DeviantArt page
My Livejournal

I do personal swaps, themed or random. Smiley pm me if you are interested!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simon Sinek Explains When an Idea Is Worth Turning Into a Book
John Hodgman On His Book, That Is All
Same Berkson Performs His Poem "Ode to the Bicycle"
How to Write a Summer Blockbuster
How to Write Cellphone Reviews
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...