A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
311 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: messenger bag with gusset tutorial  (Read 504841 times)
Tags for this thread: messenger_bag , tutorial , featured_project , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thejordy

koala bears instead of cockroaches!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2004 10:09:11 AM »

awesome tutorial!

i gotta try this one.

xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewingschool.org - Sewing is Fun!
------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED Jordy Bag Pattern - Now with illustrations: www.jordynnmackenzie.com
garbagenight
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2004 11:27:22 AM »

without ever having made a square bottomed bag before, i'm still kind of confused about the hole, and pulling the bage rightside out through it. i'm sure maybe once i got to that step it might become clearer, but for the time being i'm  still quite confused.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Slasm
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2004 12:09:27 PM »

Gloriana, I loved your bag so i made one of my own and wanted to post a picture of it:

I raelly hope that works, this is my first time posting a picture and i also apoligize for it being so big, im trying to figure out how tomake it smaller.

Anyways, the only thing that I did differently is that i used velcro to close it, instead of a snap and I should have used interfaving because it is pretty flimsy.  thats ok though, because i love it so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2004 01:01:09 PM »

I can't see the photo, unfortunately - would love to see a pic, though, if you can get it to work!  Glad you found it helpful.  

OH WAIT!  never mind - now I can see it!  great job - what totally cute fabric!   Cheesy

As for the question about the hole and turning it inside out, I think it will help to actually do it - I find sometimes that if I read about something it's confusing but once I'm doing it everything seems clearer.  When I get to this stage with a bag, I pin the lining and fabric sections together with the lining on the outside.  That way once you've sewn the top edges of the bag together, you can just reach into the hole on the bottom of the lining section, feel for the fabric section, and pull it through the hole.  Then once you've pulled the fabric all the way through the hole, you stitch up the hole and push the lining section down inside the fabric section.  

I don't know if that helps at all or if it just makes it more muddled.   Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004 01:01:57 PM by gloriana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
girlnamedema
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004 01:38:50 PM »

i'm going to try to make mine either tonight or tomorrow. oh, i can't wait. thanks for the awesome instructions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the hottest ugly chick in the world.
teria
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2004 05:19:09 PM »

I love the fabric you made the bag out of.  Where did you get it from?  I'm having a tough time finding any decent fabric lately.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meli-melo
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2004 10:38:54 PM »

Great bag.  I can't wait to try one of my own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2004 07:20:25 AM »

I love the fabric you made the bag out of.  Where did you get it from?  I'm having a tough time finding any decent fabric lately.
I got it from a wholesale fabric place here in Houston.  Sometimes you can find places like this that sell a lot of fabric in bulk but also do cut fabric at reduced prices.  It's home dec fabric, really - sometimes the same kind of thing can be found on the sale table at JoAnn's or Hancock - look in the upholstery/home dec section.

If you're looking for funky retro cottons, though, I just love Reprodepot Fabrics online - http://www.reprodepotfabrics.com.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
stitchqueen

Bury me with my yarn stash!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2004 11:34:52 AM »

I love your pics and directions..Great Job!
Where do you get the magnetic snaps?  I live in a little town in the middle of nowhere, and of course our walmart doesn't have them.  Have been wanting to get some for soooo long. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teria
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2004 12:10:37 PM »

If you're looking for funky retro cottons, though, I just love Reprodepot Fabrics online - http://www.reprodepotfabrics.com.  

Thanks for the website.  The selection looks great.  The only fabric store in my area is Joann's, which is very limited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Curly Look
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Modifying the Straight Look
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Accessorizing the Straight Look
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Completing the Straight Look
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Straight Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...