A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 316,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I've been busy!! Pics from the MD reniassance festival, page 12  (Read 28247 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

agrafikartist
Crafty-Happy

A Creative Mind Knows No Rest!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2008 11:34:28 AM »

Cheesy  WOW!!!  I wish I was young and thin again, you're clothes are so pretty and so very feminine Grin  You should definitely open a boutique.  You might consider printing the pattern and hiring home seamstresses to make the clothes for you.  The seamstresses would have to prove that they have the talent and equipment to handle the orders, but it would be great for a cottage industry-type method.  That way you can focus on the designing and making the proto-types and running the boutique.  You could help sponsor a fashion show for a charity to show off your line, and raise awareness for your designs and new shop, and also raise some money for a fravorite charity.  Just a thought. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
themagnificentjess
bitch extraordinare

eccentric - a.k.a. crazy in a fun way

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2008 03:27:35 PM »

Cheesy  WOW!!!  I wish I was young and thin again, you're clothes are so pretty and so very feminine Grin  You should definitely open a boutique.  You might consider printing the pattern and hiring home seamstresses to make the clothes for you.  The seamstresses would have to prove that they have the talent and equipment to handle the orders, but it would be great for a cottage industry-type method.  That way you can focus on the designing and making the proto-types and running the boutique.  You could help sponsor a fashion show for a charity to show off your line, and raise awareness for your designs and new shop, and also raise some money for a fravorite charity.  Just a thought. Roll Eyes
haha you don't have to be young or tiny to wear my stuff.. other than myself, all the girls i've been sewing for are sz 8 and up. I wouldn't know where to go to print a pattern, right now i use either newspaper or wax paper to sketch the actual patterns on, and store them in legal size envelopes with sketches taped to the front  Tongue
(i'm hardcore like that... or.. broke)

great idea with the charity... i've got a potential space, and possibly to share it, a friend of mine spins and dyes her own yarn and thread.

the proceeds from my first sale bought me a new serger, and my next goal is one of those hefty $200 professional grommet setters ::drool::

if anyone has any advice or experience in this kind of business, send it my way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the only abstinence you should teach.. is to abstain from voting for Sarah Palin.
agrafikartist
Crafty-Happy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2008 06:27:39 PM »

I see what you mean.  Honestly I don't know where you could get them printed, I think I'll do some research.  I buy the cheap brown paper wrapping you can get at the dollar store to wrap boxes to send in the mail.  It would be wide enough and easy to use.  It was a dollar a roll, so pretty cheap.  BTW, do you have a website?  I taught myself how to make them and make them for folks who can't afford the pro's.  I've only done a few for other people, mostly family members, but it's fun.  I don't do it for a living, though.  Just when someone asks.  You can get a domain name for about $10 a year.  MySpace is another good place to get your designs shown.  People seem to use it for alot more than just social networking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
themagnificentjess
bitch extraordinare

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2008 09:26:40 PM »

I see what you mean.  Honestly I don't know where you could get them printed, I think I'll do some research.  I buy the cheap brown paper wrapping you can get at the dollar store to wrap boxes to send in the mail.  It would be wide enough and easy to use.  It was a dollar a roll, so pretty cheap.  BTW, do you have a website?  I taught myself how to make them and make them for folks who can't afford the pro's.  I've only done a few for other people, mostly family members, but it's fun.  I don't do it for a living, though.  Just when someone asks.  You can get a domain name for about $10 a year.  MySpace is another good place to get your designs shown.  People seem to use it for alot more than just social networking.

the bf is a programmer, i pay his phone bills.. now that i think about it.. he OWES me Smiley i'd also been thinking about doing an ebay store BUT after browsing the genre a bit.. uhm.. things don't seem to be selling on there..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the only abstinence you should teach.. is to abstain from voting for Sarah Palin.
agrafikartist
Crafty-Happy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2008 09:26:58 AM »

OOOOh, aren't you a lucky duck to have a bf who's a programmer.  Hah, he does owe you.  Go girl.  I tried an ebay store and didn't sell a thing, now that could be that the things I was selling stunk, too.  Hard to say.  I think it's the economy that's making most folks not to be buying on ebay.  But your designs are so wonderful and just so feminine.  Keep up the great work.  I am just green with envy, LOL.   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
themagnificentjess
bitch extraordinare

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2008 01:01:51 PM »

I feel like the ebay scene has turned way too retail. it's not a community setting at all, and there are so many crap listings that when you search "corset" you get 8 pages of lycra/poly party-city manufactured crap.  i think it's turned a lot of crafty folks off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heatherthurston
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2008 05:50:55 PM »

Girl, if you don't "go to Hollywood', then you are missing the boat. These are so good that I expected you to say that you made them for a movie. You will be getting awards for costumes one day. What talent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blossom1044
I want to make things - I want to get better! I must have patience with myself!

I'm a mum 1st, craftster 2nd & I hate working FT!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2008 05:28:05 AM »

I've always wanted dresses like these.  You have an amazing talent.  Like others - get yourself into the Fashion Industry and off to costume designers as you have talent that is more than needed.

Beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love
T
me... just me
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2008 10:56:18 AM »

Woow, you're so talented. I wish I could do all of this. I love to see a lot more from youre work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FoxInDocs
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2008 01:02:30 PM »

Grin more please.

i love everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pretty Planters
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...