A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My So Called Scarf & Cross-Hat-ch  (Read 17569 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blumunchie
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005 12:48:36 PM »

if i am not mistaken (it's been a while), i think it's sz 11. when i got to the crown shaping it just got too difficult and i didn't want to use dpns so i just used a handy dandy 16" sz 10.5 circs to finish it off. but now that i think about it, i should have just used the magic loop method and maybe that would be easier to finish the top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005 01:01:51 PM »

Holy crap I love both of those, the stitch pattern is so neato looking! I'm really pissed though, they dont have the pattern for the hat up on their site anymore GRRR!!! Angry So cute, Good work to all of you who have done/started yours, they are turning out great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
tinytallgirl
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2005 09:10:19 AM »

Is it possible to ask someone to pm to me the pattern for the hat if you have it?  I'm nearly through with the scarf.  Although...it looks like I'm going to have to get 2 more skeins of the landscape yarn to make it a 6-7 footer.  I made it thinner than the pattern for the scarf calls for, casted on 20 stitches and I'm very happy with it.  I used the same color of Landscape desert, which in my opinion should be strawberry banana split instead.

I'm thinking next time I make this...I'll use the colinette point 5 in lichen.

Happy stitchin'.

Cheers
Chi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2005 08:22:15 PM »

This is how far I've gotten.  I cast on 20 stitches on size 17 needles, and it seems to be doing very well.  The yarn is going really fast though, so I'm going to have to move beyond my 2 skeins if I want to get the length I'm thinking of.  I want it to be able to wrap twice around my neck, and I don't want to leave the ends plain, but I don't really want to just put on a fringe.  Any suggestions, other than pom poms?
I sat with my "coffe-shop grandma" for 15 minutes figuring out the stitch pattern, but now that I've got the hang of it, it's remarkably easy.    The only problem I've been having is my metal needles slip out of the yarn and I freak out about the dropped row, but the yarn is stiff enough to pick them back up again. 

Do you think it would be possible to add a yarn-over to this pattern, and make it look really crazy?  I don't want to try it on this scarf, but maybe the next one......
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005 11:04:43 PM by DorkasaurusRex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
shrtcke
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2005 09:27:37 PM »

dorkasaurusrex i am lovin the yarn your using. beautiful colors. that scarf is gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2005 05:44:41 PM »

No time to comment (see my blog), but here is a photo of Cross-Hat-ch!

Love love love it!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 10:04:38 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

puppymomma

matches? we don't need no stinkin' matches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2005 05:48:27 PM »

Gorgeous, Crabby, gorgeous, gorgeous.  Must make it myself!  Off to read your blog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

http://funkyjewtopia.com
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2005 06:02:51 PM »

Crabby, your hat rocks and I think--if you aren't one already--you should model professionally b/c you are beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
Chloe/MA
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2005 06:55:01 PM »

Crabby---Love your hat.  You did a wonderful job creating it. It looks lovely on you.   Would you share your yarn and colorway used?  I have college student granddaughters and I know one of them would love your choice.  I have to rely on you younger knitters for colors, yarns and styles.  My taste is just not the best any more.  Thanks for sharing your picture with all of us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2005 07:30:42 AM »

Crabby, you look so friggin' cute in that hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Lenoir Lashes in Photoshop - Part 1
Healing Hair Chore for Photoshop
How to Green Screen Extract Wispy Hair in Photoshop
Sketch Tutorial for Photoshop
How to Replace Color Command in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...