A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My So Called Scarf & Cross-Hat-ch  (Read 17633 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2005 06:58:58 PM »

Anyone want to knit along with me on the "My So Called Scarf" and matching hat, "Cross-Hat-ch?"  Links to pictures & patterns (free!) of these are:
Scarf
Hat *no longer available* (04/05)

I am going to use Lion Brand Landscapes yarn in Rose Garden - it is gorgeous (if you like pink)!

The MSCS pattern calls for Manos del Uruguay, but Lion's Brand Landscapes will make a fine substitution if you want to save a few bucks (I do).  I got 6 balls, at 55yds each, and hopefully that will be enough.

Anyhow, let me know if you want to knit along. 

*edit* The hat pattern is now being published, so it's no longer available until it comes out in Creative Knitting in Jan.'06.  Poo.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005 12:21:09 PM by crabby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blumunchie
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005 11:21:02 AM »

Ooh.. I just finished making the cross-hat-ch in landscape rose garden last weekend. It's so pretty. Fits sorta like a cloche cuz the end is a little up-turned.. so you get that bell shape hat that alot of people love. It's a relatively easy knit, except my fingers were aching by the time I got to the top of the crown shaping. You'll love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Atouria

Craftster in progress...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005 06:07:37 PM »

Hey crabby!  I have such a long "to-knit" list, but the scarf you are making is on it!  I would love to make this scarf with you, but I have a few sweaters calling my name at the moment.  I may join later, though! 

If you want to go all out with the landscapes yarn, you could do a matching ragbag to go with your scarf and hat set.  They are super easy and fun to make!  The best thing is... they only take 1 skein of landscapes yarn!  You've probably already seen them, but here's the link just in case: http://www.knitblog.com/onmymind/Rag%20Bag%20Pattern.gif  I made mine with the "autumn trails" (i think) landscapes.  I LOVE the way it came out!

Also, I havent' done a ton of research, but if you wanted to do the Manos del Uruguany yarn, 2 skeins roughly equals the same amount I would have to pay (locally) for 6 skeins of landscapes.  I'm really anxious to knit up something with the uruguany yarn, though.  I may join ya sooner than later!  I'm such a knitting addict!

Happy knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005 06:01:48 PM »

Blumunchie - have you posted pics of your Cross-Hat-ch anywhere?  I would love to see it.  Pleeeeease!

Atouria - thanks for the link to the ragbag - very cute!  I just may have to add that to the list and make myself a cute little set.  And I know - I am dying to work with Manos, too.  The next time I make this scarf (which will be soon!), I'll use it for sure.

I posted a WIP picture on my blog if anyone is interested   Wink  (see my signature).  Cheers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Atouria

Craftster in progress...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005 08:03:30 PM »

Ummm.. ya know what crabby?  I think I like your version's colors better than the color way of the manos...  I love that stitch pattern.  Your progress is lookin great!  One day when i revamp/ work on my blog.. I'll post my ragbag.  I Love the way it turned out!

Can't wait to see you modeling the finished product!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005 10:00:57 AM »

Well, I'm one ball in and stuck waiting for the rest of my yarn order (dang JoAnn's!).  So here's the updated WIP:        
It's about 14" so far.  I'm still loving it!  I put another picture on my blog (if you want to see my cat giving me a heart attack - he snuck right in there!).  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 10:05:08 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

vysews
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005 06:15:15 PM »

Well, I'm one ball in and stuck waiting for the rest of my yarn order (dang JoAnn's!).  So here's the updated WIP:

Congrats! It looks fabulous thus far. I really love this pattern stitch. I'm dying to do this is a variegated yarn, but have too many things on my "to do" list. I did make it in Plymouth's Brushed baby alpaca in winter white, and it looks really great in a solid too. I messed up one of the stitches (I think I didn't pass something over), but was able to camouflage that by sewing a stitch on over it after the fact (kinda like a duplicate stich, I guess). I had made it for my sister, but it was so hard to give it up!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005 07:41:45 PM by vysews » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sivi
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005 07:28:19 PM »

Its so pretty.  I noticed in your blog you mentioned that you figured out how to alter a pattern to your preference.  I have not figured it out.  Do you mind sharing some tips.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Britty

Boo is the Greatest!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005 06:46:10 AM »

Hey Everyone,
Crabby you are doing a wonderful job.  I was interested in making this scarf as well.  I found it on the internet a week ago...like some other people here i am also awaiting to get paid.  What gauge are u working with? 
Britty Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005 10:25:25 AM »

Its so pretty. I noticed in your blog you mentioned that you figured out how to alter a pattern to your preference. I have not figured it out. Do you mind sharing some tips.
I altered the Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers to include a regular cable instead of the vine and leaf pattern.  So, on the second dpn, instead of following the chart I did a simple 6x6 front cross cable with the instructions I found in the original SnB book.  I'll post a pic of the finished armwarmers soon!

What gauge are u working with?
Britty Wink
Well, since this is a scarf and I didn't really care how wide it was, I didn't even make a gauge swatch.   Shocked  I know - what a sin!  The label for Landscapes says 11sts and 14 rows = 4" with size 13 needles.  I am using size 11's, and I like how the pattern is working.  If I could go back and change anything, I'd CO fewer stitches and make the scarf a little more narrow (but not by all that much).  You can make this scarf with worsted wt yarn, too.  See this link for a cool example.  Show us your results if you make one!

BTW - I am STILL waiting for my yarn.  I'm never shopping at JoAnn's again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Monkey Mask
How to Make a Frog Mask
How to Make Chinese Opera Masks
How to Make a Bird Mask
How to Make a Batman Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...