A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 10: The Craftster Cotillion Gallery!  (Read 35855 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: November 10, 2008 10:56:22 AM »

That bracelet is really neat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: November 10, 2008 05:40:58 PM »

Very cool bracelet (and I am always a fan of fingerless gloves).

I received THE most amazing package from ckchan today.
TWO scarves, TWO tree of life pendants, TWO bags of gummy candy, and a knitted uterus! OMG everything is just fabulous I am in LOVE!  I will post pics tomorrow when I have better lighting.

I can only hope that ckchan likes my package for her HALF as much, and that it will have been worth the wait (I am a horrible partner and am so late in sending, first I messed up part of my main project like a noob, and then a major family health crisis - but I am finally done!).

hugs to you ckchan for making the perfect swap package for me and for being such a wonderful partner!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008 05:41:57 PM by digital misfit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
ckchan
« Reply #352 on: November 11, 2008 08:25:34 AM »

Yay!  I am so glad you like everything!

I am sure I will love your package!  I hope that your family is ok!

HugZ!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
gingerquilts
« Reply #353 on: November 11, 2008 01:28:04 PM »

I received a gorgeous package yesterday from crafty_dame but it is such a crappy dark day my pictures don't do it justice!!!  I'm going to try again tomorrow.  I love it and want to share it in all its glory!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Two Cheese Please
« Reply #354 on: November 11, 2008 04:04:17 PM »

Yesterday was my grammar exam at uni and it was more like a war than a test. There was past participle punches, split infinitive inciters and dependent clause karate chops. I'd been stewing about this one for many weeks now.

So it was a lovely surprise to find this package on my doorstep yesterday morning - it's from the lovely Alli_Lucy who has definitely kindled a love in me for the reclaimed sweater!

( Firstly, apologies for the bad photo. My camera and I aren't on speaking terms anymore because it just wouldn't cooperate with me. Also apologies for me not modelling it personally - my face still looks like I took on half a drunken nightclub )

This is the item I requested for our swap (we asked for one thing each and included two surprises) and let me tell you... it was really hard to wait! But I'm glad I did because this little cardy is perfect! I wear a lot of blues and I'm nearly always in jeans so this is perfect to toss on in the kind of weather we have right now where it's warm, cold, warm, cold and I can pair it with a tee to look casual, or with a nice lacey top if I'm going out. I wore it to my exam and I got a lot of compliments! And between you and me... I think it was a good luck charm too.

I'm not sure which detail I love most... the blue lace, the doily pin, the velvet ribbon or the satin ribbon just inside the front like a little blue secret.

( A better photo colour-wise, cardy, albeit blurry. Maggie thinks it's so cute she passed clean out! )

Surprise gift number one:

A two cheeses framed embroidery! I literally squealed when I pulled this out! Her stitches are so tiny and perfect, it's lke painting with thread. Framing an embroidered scene like a painting has been a project I've had to keep shifting further back and back on my to-do list, so I'm happy now that I have one of my own!

Surprise gift number two:

Gorgeous handmade tea-towels. These suit my kitchen perfectly but they're far too nice to actually wipe my hands on! So I'll be using them on didplay, making my other tea-towels all jealous.

Thank you Alli for such a wonderful hoard of presents! And such good timing too!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

For more behind-the-scenes craft babble, stop by http://twocheeseplease.livejournal.com
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: November 11, 2008 04:11:15 PM »

Wow, great package!

I love the second picture of the sweater with Maggie--it looks like she's smiling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alli_Lucy
« Reply #356 on: November 11, 2008 07:36:46 PM »

Aw, Maggie looks so cute with the  sweater! 

You are very, very welcome - I loved this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My craft blog: One Pearl Button

She blinded me with wisting
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: November 12, 2008 08:10:03 AM »

Great package! Your embroidery is particularly wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmphipodGirl

More projects planned than executed.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #358 on: November 12, 2008 03:28:44 PM »

I received from Lmcbride today, hooray!  The big item:

It's a mosaic gazing ball for my garden,  I really love the colors and the way it looks like the sun is peeking out from behind the edge of the shard on top of the ball.  I photographed it in one of the few bits of my garden that's green right now, but its final place will probably be close to the house, where we can see it daily through the wall of windows in the living room.

For extras, she made me a "bouquet" in a decorated pot:

I put bouquet in quotes, because each flower is actually a writing implement!

Thanks, Lmcbride!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for a FREE vintage embroidery transfer of mushrooms (more info in profile).
miss_k

"button, button...who's got the button?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: November 12, 2008 03:56:50 PM »

Cool garden decoration!! I love stuff for gardens and am so excited that I have graduated from an apartment balcony garden to my house and a garden to play in next year!! This is my inspiration to try my hand at making my OWN garden decorations! Grin

Cute cardigan!! I'm going to have to try that one of these days...hope it'll come out as cute as Alli_Lucy's always do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jennifer Baszile Reveals Who She Admires Most
Meet Author Santa Montefiore
Meet Author Patti Stanger
Paul Malmont Reveals His Favorite Person in History
Kathi Appelt Wishes She Had This Talent
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...