A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
845 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love for Elvis or Marilyn Monroe swap gallery EXTENDED SEND OUT DATE TO SEPT 5  (Read 5885 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2008 01:48:56 PM »

I normally do post feedback when I see the pics...HOWEVER, There was an issue in the feedback dept some glich some would post and some would not... I will post feedback later for this swap for you...I am glad you got pics befor you sent We have all been waiting to see the great loot...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008 01:50:22 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2008 10:01:00 AM »

I am so spoiled! Received yesterday from my angel ELvistaxx! We're going to have to keep in touch because I think we really hit it off...a true kindred spirit!
I'm sending her a special goodie...for being so awesome! Grin
(feel free to peek at it on my blog!)
But when you see what she made for ME....you'll think what I made is nuttin'.  Wink

Here are photos of everything along with comments I sent to her via pm:

HOLY CRAP!!!! Shocked

Well, it's not crap...but that can sum up my reaction when opening the box I received yesterday! I've been photographing everything for a huge post here. I don't know where to begin!!?!!!
Aprons for the kiddos!

Yes, the aprons fit perfectly...and will fit the kiddos for some time yet. My son loves the pocket on the front for his trains...and my daughter loves the pocket on hers for her brother's trains! Cheesy
(iron on vinyl is the best!)
Little Notebooks!

I'm always running out of post-its...scrap paper...for everything from note taking on the computer...to grocery lists...so now I'm styling with these wire bound creations! She made the 2 Elvis ones herself! Oh yes she did! Wink
Bling Bling!!! You know this is really special to me...it's from her own collection even!!!! It will be getting a LOT of lovin'!

it came in a cool box that she made!

The bracelet rocks! I'm going to be sporting that puppy frequently! It's not delicate...which is good with grabby preschoolers!
Crochet Hook Roll...I wanted one of these sooo badly...it's a wist come true! Smiley

...the fabric is so awesome...YES...I count myself lucky for getting something this cool...and the fabric is something she's been saving...I'm pretty lucky to get a piece of this indeed!  Grin
She made me some Elvis soap with sparklies & charms in my favorite color...pink!

She told me to use it...and then to use the charms inside for something...hmmm... maybe an Elvis charm bracelet is in my future? It's almost too pretty to use!
The cutest little 'blue hawaii' purse you ever did see!...with a uke applique!

My DD wants to claim it...but mommy says she has to give it back...eventually! It's washable!  Grin I love it!

Now for "la pice de rsistance"

A hand embroidered piece! (lots o photos)

I'm blown away! My stitches are nowhere near as neat and smooth as hers are!
It almost fits my kitchen table with the leaves dropped!

I love the factoid too! I wouldnt' be suprised if it were true!

It's even signed!

She really did some stalking on me & I wish I could hug her for it all...isn't she amazing? Grin
I'm so very grateful for all her hard work! She had a lot of fun & couldn't hardly stop! I can tell! Lucky Lucky me! Roll Eyes

Elvistaxx rocks BIG TIME!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
elvissatx
Bad Girl Upset By The Truth

Ruby, my smart fortwo cabriolet

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2008 12:51:10 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything.  The kids look *great* in the aprons-- what a pair of cuties and I'm admiring DD's fancy toenails!

Hooray!  This was such fun to do, and yes, we're now amigas.  Seriously, if I'm ever anywhere near Ohio, or you're ever anywhere near Austin, I'm picturing a very fun hang out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cool!  I made the Best of 2009 twice!   Check 'em out! 

Yo-Yo Dress of Doom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299010.0

Smart Santa Hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330595.0
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2008 01:10:50 PM »

HOLY CRAP!!!!  Shocked Is right! What an AWESOME package! I LOVE the embroidery!! GREAT GREAT GREAT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2008 02:32:47 PM »

ANGEL is right for you...SWAP ANGELS ROCK!! What a wonderful package...Love it all... Thaks so very much to all of you for making this a wonderful swap..I hope we can all do it again in about 6 months LOL....Wonderful packages....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2008 09:54:29 AM »

Hi all!  Cross-posting from the signup thread:

Hello all,

You may or may not have read here that babalina58 (the organizer of this swap) received a PM allegedly from the husband of a participant in this swap that his wife was killed in a car accident and he was letting babalina58 know that obviously she couldn't complete her end of the swap.

We were so shaken by this sad news about this member that we dug into her account a bit to see if there was anything we could do to help her family. I don't want to write a whole novel here about what we discovered but we realized pretty quickly that this member had multiple accounts on Craftster and flaked on multiple swaps in the past. There was a good deal of deception going on in these accounts but it was also very easy for us to piece together that it was all the same person.

So of course we can't know for sure if the tragic story about this member's death is false or not but it doesn't seem crazy to assume that she has concocted this story as an excuse for why she could not finish this swap. We couldn't find any evidence of her passing away but instead we found lots of evidence of deception which just makes this a very suspicious situation.

It's with much hesitation that we bring up any suspicion about this. We don't know for sure whether this member passed away or not. Normally we would never think to question something like this.

We just wanted to let you all know all of this so, for example, you don't get into any situation where you are going and back and forth with her "husband" in case he is not really her husband.

Please don't discuss this situation on the threads.  Feel free to PM me or open a Help Desk ticket, if you would like to discuss further.

Thank you for listening.

- Leah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
crazyda79

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2008 06:55:41 PM »

WOW WOW WOW!!!  Everything is just super fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
76/50 swaps
74/50 friends/family
150/50 total
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2008 04:36:47 PM »

Hi ladies,

I hate to drag up old threads but I felt you deserved to have this information. Our suspicions about cotsmommy fabricating her death were correct.  She created a new account, krystlepistol, and was swapping again.  We have taken her actions and deceit very seriously and have completely banned her from Craftster.  If you would like to discuss this further, for whatever reason, please feel free to open a Help Desk ticket.

jungrrl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cranberry-Apple Biscuit Pies Recipe
How to Make Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe
Surprising Facts About Girl Scout Cookies
How to Make Double Chocolate Brownies
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...