A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
367 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plastic bag granny squares, but I don't know when to stop!  (Read 1252 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cindyjane
« on: September 09, 2008 10:05:19 PM »

I've been playing with plastic bags, it's so much fun.  Here's a picture of some flowers I made:

and here's a thing - I don't know what else to call it, and I don't know what to do with it, but it's lots of granny squares crocheted together.  It's like a quilt, but not very practical!  Any ideas for a finished projected would be happily accepted!! Undecided

THIS ROCKS   Logged
great_heights

world enough and time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008 10:22:11 PM »

a granny square purse!!! this is such a great way to recycle plastic bags (into new cuter bags, maybe?)
I would love to know where you learned that type of granny squares, they are so pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008 10:30:24 PM »

Great work with the plastic flowers & granny squares!

I think it would make a fantastic market bag, or even an outdoor tablecloth/picnic quilt Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
InkStainedHands
I'm just trying to keep sane.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008 10:30:48 PM »

I love how your flowers and quilt-thing are so colorful. I can't believe they're made out of plastic bags! And I agree with great_heights! A granny square bag would be great for groceries and would help save the planet!   Grin By the way cindyjane, thanks for giving me the opportunity to make my first post.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wawamommy
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008 05:06:52 AM »

Those are neat!  What about outdoor cushion covers?  You could cover your patio set's seat cushions, or whatever.  The colors are nice an bright, it would be so groovy!  Just my two cents, and I may do this for my set for next year! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ritapizza
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008 10:35:06 AM »

OMG that's awesome! they look really great! wow, I'm never able to find so many plastic bag colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summ3r
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008 04:37:38 PM »

cool way to recycle...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheting makes my world go round...

SuMm3R
Llynn
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008 11:11:46 AM »

Throw it down on the porch for a rug.  THe plastic creates static that helps get the dirt off your feet...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cabin Fever
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008 07:02:09 PM »

I agree, a market bag would be great for these.  Great way to recycle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cindyjane
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008 07:22:00 PM »

Thanks all, good suggestions.  I was thinking of outdoor cushions, I might do them later.  Now I'm going to turn it into the granny square purse - all sewn up in rows the squares looked to big, but once I hung them on the diagonal, it looked really pretty.  I'll post it when I've finished.  the motif was posted by someone a little while ago, it's really nice, a bit like stained glass I think. http://stormyzcrochet.weebly.com/dream-weaver-square.html

I've used lots of those stinky scented kitchen tidy bags,they come in heaps of colours.  My sister bought a few packets, but they weren't the right size for her rubbish bin.  But you have to hang them outside for about a week, to get rid of the smell (unless you like it of course, but I hated it, it made me sneeze and gave me such a headache!)

Anyway, I'm glad you like my work-in-progress, as my friends are all convinced I'm going crazy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...