A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tennessee?  (Read 1663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

randomrainbow
« on: September 09, 2008 03:28:43 PM »

Hello,   
    I am wanting to take road trip and explore TN (I have never been, I live in FL).  It will be a little bit I want to take a week explore then go to Bonnaroo 2009(thats in June), so I was wondering if anyone can give me some neat places to go both big and mom-and-pop.  I would like to see sites, visit some cool local spots, thrift and craft stores, etc you know roadtrip/vacation stuff.  If y'all could give me some ideas I'd love ya forever Grin. Places that I must go (if it helps) Memphis, Nashville, Bristol, Lafayette and of course Manchester. Any other places would be welcomed though.  Thanks in advance, hope this makes sense.                                                         
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008 03:29:30 PM by randomrainbow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tishous

keep the wind at your back & the sun on your face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008 09:15:55 AM »

Bell Buckle is realy the only town I can think of besides the obvious. It's near Manchester and it's the most adourable little town you'll ever see. The Bell Buckle Cafe has food to die for.
I only live abt 30 mins from Manchester and have sadly missed the 'roo the past 2 years but plan on taking my baby next year for her first time. I can hardly wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be lonely is a habit,
like smoking or taking drugs.
I quit them both
but man was it rough."
messy
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008 05:50:26 PM »

you have to go to chattanooga. specifically (but not limited to) the northshore. it's very diverse and sure to be inspiring to any crafter! i live about 30 minutes from there (my home away from home)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quiltgrl
fabric addict

Faaaabulous!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008 02:36:51 PM »

franklin, tn Smiley cute little town outside of Nashville, great shopping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ashleylarouge

strawberry strawberry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008 01:29:26 PM »

Before you come to Memphis, check out http://bitterbooks.blogspot.com/ for a great guide to the local thrift stores. And there are a lot! Memphis is a thrift junkie's heaven.

Also, Broom Corn is a fabulous, but expensive, fabric store.

If you come in September, Cooper-Young fest is unmissable. Loads of crafty people selling their homemade goodies.

The record shops are great too: Shangri-La and Last Chance are my favorites. If you're not vegetarian, I personally believe that The BBQ shop has the best best best dead pig in Memphis.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mixayla
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009 05:15:40 PM »

If you're coming to TN in the spring/summer, then you'll be hitting prime flea market season. The one in Sweetwater is pretty huge and awesome. You should check that out!

I'm hitting up the bonnaroo this year too Cheesy My 4th Roo! Can't wait!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leos
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009 10:05:07 AM »

I second the north shore area of Chattanooga. If traveling in June come check out the all handmade shop that I am opening... Leo Handmade Gallery on the north shore 149 River St (more info: http://leogallery.blogspot.com/ ).  I love the old pedestrian bridge going over the Tennessee river. It's awesome & supposedly the longest non vehicle bridge in the world @ almost a mile long! 

The best/largest thrift store is Americas Thrift Store @ 6401 Lee Highway. It's HUGE! But for a quiet tucked away & often un noticed thrift store check out...  Greater Good on Rossville Blvd. 

If you happen to visit on a Sunday, the Chattanooga Market is fun. Over 150 vendors, all local & organic produce, handmade goods, arts, et cetera. Live music, beer & local pizza & tacos. It is in an outdoor pavilion on Carter St. in the Downtown  area.

Other things of possible interest...
Vegan restaurant: Country Life on Market St.
Local Micro Brewery & bar:  Terminal Brew House on Market St.
Health food Store(if your needy like me): Greenlife on Manufacturers Rd.
Record store(mostly vinyl): Chad's Records on Vine St.
Best breakfast in the whole world in my humble opinion:  Bluegrass Grill on Main St.
24 hour restaurant with non greasy food: Yellow Deli on McCallie near UTC

Whew! That's a lot of info. Tennessee is awesome!!!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Hottest Hair Trends for Spring 2014
How to Make Your Own Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair
Tips for Coloring Hair from Dark to Light
How to Create a Massive Kelly Osbourne Top Knot
How to Get An Updated Modern Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...