A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your dorm room!  (Read 33167 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HannibalSmurf

Smile, I'll get you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008 04:53:10 PM »

So I live off campus in an apartment with one of my best friends now, but last year we lived in the dorms, so I can post pictures of that room.

All of the dorms at our school are apartment style, with a living room, private bathrooms and a kitchen. The particular building we lived in has 2 bedrooms that you typically share with another person. My actual roommate moved out and got a private room after first semester because she had mono, so by default, I also got a private room! Hooray! These pictures are of my room after Roommate moved out.

This is my massive (king sized) bed. Once Roommate moved out, I just pushed our two beds together and made one massive one.

I called this desk my "school desk" because I had two, and used this one for computer/printer/studying. The rack with all the purses above my desk is actually a kitchen rack from Ikea, but it works for purses pretty well.

This is my sewing desk. The way I had my room arranged, I didn't have space for a chair for that desk, so I just pushed my bed closer whenever I had a project for class or for personal means.

Our dorms actually used to be a hotel from the 1800s, which partially burned down and then was revamped as a dorm, so each apartment/dorm room had at least one fireplace in it. It just so happened that the fireplace in our apartment was in my bedroom. The mantle was very convenient for holding all my movies.

Halfway through second semester, I found a use for this big tapestry that was just hanging out in my scrap fabric box. I made a little tent for my fish! They were happy about it, lol.

My TV was too big to sit on my dresser with the DVD/VCR on it as well, so I had to kind of perform a balancing act with the two.

The closet became so much more expansive once Roommate moved out, lol. Still it wasn't long before the closet became a big mess.

From the bed, this is what you see. The right door is my bathroom and the left is my closet. Note the exposed pipes on the ceiling. They leaked. It wasn't so fantastic.

My (then) boyfriend and my suitemate (now apartment roommate) demonstrate how to jump on my bed properly.

Bonus picture: This is me (pink hair) and my other suitemate before we went out the the 1950s dinner theater all of our RAs put on for us. We're standing in our living room, and you can see kind of into our kitchen, through the doorway on the right. The door behind us went out to the hall.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008 04:59:57 PM by HannibalSmurf » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cbass

You can bet your balls it's Neil Diamond!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008 05:40:36 PM »

Nice job! I am so impressed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dmbgirl41
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008 05:56:22 PM »

HannibalSmurf where did you go to school? I'm always interested in old buildings, I'd love to know about your dorm/old hotel. I think, by all these pictures, I totally got jipped in the dorm department. My first room, a double, was like a big square box. My second a double that was my single (hehe) was the same. My suite was a smaller square box, with a big square box living room & a boring bathroom! My sorority house, now that was cool!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Sweet you Rock & Sweet You Roll~*
maleficent
Down the Rabit Hole

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008 06:03:47 PM »

hmmm i don't have pictures of this year's room yet (and it's an ENORMOUS mess right now so i'l save those for later) but i do have last year's room. this was very early on in the year so it's still really neat (i can promise you it didn't stay that way) our residence is actually pretty nice, it's used as a hotel in the summer so if you are thinking to yourself, "hey that look alot like a hotel room" yeah you're right, but the benifit is that the building is always really well kept, we have fantastic housekeeping staff that keeps the hallways and shared building lounges and kitchen REALLY clean and they come in every two weeks to mop our kitchen floor and clean the toilets and stuff (the things that a large percentage of the residents wouldn't actualy do themselves) anywho on with the pictures!

this is the view from the doorway. my roomate had gone home for the weekend and brought her sheets to wash and stuff so it looks pretty empty

this was my half of the room and my attempt at decorating i love my pink floyd poster and my beatles record paintings!

our closet and desk space

my desk area

the view from my side of the room into our kitchenette there is a door leading to the bathroom on the right and my awesome front door-o-magnets
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind -Gandhi
carlyrae
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008 06:37:54 PM »

Did you get double beds? I'm jealous. My rooms have all been pretty boring, freshman year I had a regular double, but my roommate really liked pink. So one half of the room was all pink, and my half was all sorts of other bright colors. Sophomore year I had studio, which was great, but I basically slept and lived in my kitchen. This year I'm a CA (our equivalent of an RA) and I've been trying to make it look really cool so I can make my residents jealous, but twenty credits and twenty residents equals a shortage of time. I wish I could make my room as cool as all of you have made yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
radiochu
a freakin' sheep

evil bunny of green doom

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008 08:28:14 PM »

so apparently, every dorm room in the entirety of the world is bigger than my current room...  nice.  I'm so envious of all of your decorating skills.  I did used to have two paintings hanging on my wall in my former dorm, which was nice and big and had suite-style rooms with bathrooms and such, but transferring universities will do that to you I guess.  I don't know where those paintings went.  they were my own work, not very good but they matched my sheets so they were pretty cool.  I should find them.

all that to say:  now I REALLY want to decorate my room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want for nothing these things.
scuffmark21
MadelineAwesome

my hobbies are crafts and befriending rockstars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008 09:03:45 PM »

CAR IS LOADEDDD.

ROOM IS SO BORING. NO MAGIC.

MAGICCCC.

my name is Madeline and i collect Madeline dolls and accessorize them in the latest hip hop fashions.

this is was the day i moved in. it looks like this now:

wall hangingzz. i love the grass one above my bed. my fashion teacher hated it and said it could not count as my art project for the semester. i dropped the class.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"So, in conclusion, air-bud is a completely fictional story because in real life dogs are never allowed to play in soccer or in anysport for that matter."
HannibalSmurf

Smile, I'll get you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008 09:06:00 PM »

HannibalSmurf where did you go to school? I'm always interested in old buildings, I'd love to know about your dorm/old hotel. I think, by all these pictures, I totally got jipped in the dorm department. My first room, a double, was like a big square box. My second a double that was my single (hehe) was the same. My suite was a smaller square box, with a big square box living room & a boring bathroom! My sorority house, now that was cool!!!!

I go to Columbus State University in Columbus, GA. There are 2 campuses, and I lived in the downtown one for fine arts majors. The building I lived in is called the Rankin. It's hard to find information on it as a historical building, but it has it's own website because you can rent out the (very pretty) courtyard in the middle for weddings, receptions, and things of that nature. If you look at the walls of my room, you can see they're all awkwardly colored. It's because the historical building codes in GA don't allow you to paint walls that are original to the building. So there's old paint layers and dried wallpaper glue that flake off on you. It's kind of gross.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
himtnc1
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008 10:08:04 PM »

LOVE the Handbag holder - good alternate use of the Ikea kitchen rack.  I will definitely be using that idea.  I used an old towel rod for my scarves in my closet.

Gigi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
_wheres_waldo_
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008 06:55:59 AM »

i'm a freshman and am just getting all settled in.  i have a lot of pictures for some reason.  (and by some reason, i mean for showing off on craftster).

my closet:

my chair (and bag) in front of my dresser.  the inflatable dinosaur, ludvig, was a present.

some mirrors from target over my bed:

white board calender over my bed:

my bed, and the rug that i made:

my bulletin board, complete with dinosaur poster and the staff picture from the camp i worked at over the summer:

shelves, with my books from home, more dinosaurs, and vases that i made:

more shelves, with my fan and pink, sparkle-y christmas tree:

finally, the most complete picture i have.  i didn't take a picture of the whole room for some reason:

yay dorm rooms.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairdressing Essentials Holding Products
Hairdressing Essentials Scissors
Hairdressing Essentials Kit Bag Extras
Hairdressing Essentials Hair Straighteners
Hairdressing Essentials Hair Clips
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...