A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
846 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your dorm room!  (Read 33149 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiffie1023
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008 09:06:31 PM »

holy crap! your rooms are all way neater than mine when i was in college. my roommate and i couldn't walk for all the clothes all over the floor!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps are my favorite

wists! http://www.wists.com/tiffie1023
lynniekate
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008 09:11:27 PM »

I'm soooooooo jealous!! You're room is the bee's knees.

It looks like the room is pretty nice even when it's plain. The ceiling appears to be high and the walls aren't ugly concrete! (I only wish I could say the same of my tiny and not uber attractive single room)

I'm a roommate-less junior as well, but I haven't even had time to unpack everything yet! My room is still largely undecorated.

Target and Hobby Lobby are amazing!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Farnsworth
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008 10:17:47 PM »

Well, I was in 3 different dorm rooms last year, so they got increasingly un-pretty as I moved. I do have some amusing pictures though Smiley

I was only in this one for 3 weeks, but I had fun decorating at least, most of the art you see I made. The next move was into a room exactly like this.  Then I  moved across campus...

I think the fact that this was a cell phone camera explains why my hand looks unusually purple. Oh, this was when I discovered that the cupboards above the closets are just the right size to hide in and scare your floor mates.

And this one is just to show off the amusing crafting that took place a few months later.
Yes that is a man in a dress in the middle (actually that was my prom dress like, 4 years ago) and yes that is a wedding dress being hemmed by three people at once for the girl who is 4'9" whose hair I was still curling an hour before we had to go to the Spring Formal dance...
The guy (Ryan) didn't have a date and wanted to make the night more interesting by going in drag. It definitely worked, but the funny part was that the people in public reacted way weirder then the people from school (we go to a Quaker college in a small town). The wedding dress was my roommate's thriftstore find, which we were going to hem a week previously, but instead it ended up getting put off.

Once again, I ended up decorating my room mostly with my art because I have a lot of it Cheesy

I had a lot of fun in those three rooms ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have joined the world of foodblogging! Check it out: http://freethoseradicals.blogspot.com/
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008 11:28:06 PM »

I saw those dishes at my hobby lobby a couple weeks ago!  I LOVED them but the only ones they had for a whopping $3/plate and were all BROKEN!  $3 for a broken plate?  I think not Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty_rach
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008 04:52:58 AM »

Ok, I just searched but could not come up with any decent pics of any of my rooms ... 3 years living on campus, thousands of photos but none of my ROOM lol.
I can't believe how many of you are sharing, and some of you even have bunk beds!!
There is maybe like, two colleges left in Australia who still share rooms. We used to complain sometimes about how you could never escape everyone else but apparently we had no idea lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shesxautomatic

my mom says i'm a catch.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008 07:11:28 AM »

kimmberrrr, your pictures seriously freaked me out - your boyfriend looks EXACTLY like my little brother from behind! i thought he was two-timing his girlfriend hahaahahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"i didn't mean to maim you.
i only meant to kill you."

www.lladybird.wordp ress.com
www.wickedtomatofac tory.etsy.com
aphrasdaughter
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008 11:50:13 AM »

Weirdly, I just found some pics of my senior year dorm room (I graduated in '04).  I'm not sure why I took these, as it's messy as all get out, so I clearly wasn't showing off.  Oh well, ignore the mess, enjoy the awesomeness.

This was a basement room, which sucked for lighting, but it was a quad and we had it as a double, so there was a ridiculous amount of room.  Here's my (full size!) bed, which I put in this weird nook in the corner.  I made curtains and (you can't quite see it in the picture) re-purposed a strange wood-shop looking bookcase I found in the storage room as a headboard.  It's also up on a gajillion cinderblocks, and had an acre of storage underneath that I covered with more curtains.

This is our couch, which we got from the Habitat for Humanity store for 5 bucks.  Since it looked like someone had possibly a) died on it. b) been lit on fire on it. c) had that fire doused with bleach, we decided to recover it.  Three ladies and a staple-hammer later, and there was this.  We also decoupaged a shiny shiny $3 coffee table which is not in the photo for some reason.

This is my desk area, which I only put in to show the fabulous re-purposed card catalog we used as a bar/wine rack.  I still have this, 4 moves and three cities later.  My roommate's desk and loft was to the right.  Seriously, enormous room.

Last is a shot of my closet (yes, just mine, my roommate's is on the left side of the picture) that was so huge I kept my clothes in half and put a sewing table in the other half for a permanent craft area.  There was an outlet in there and everything.

Thanks for letting me reminisce!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mintbamboo
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008 01:26:54 PM »

I find it so strange that some dorm rooms don't have carpet! That would not go over well here when it's -50C out.
I'm loving everyone's rooms so far! I'm about to switch over to a different room, and once I get that one decorated I'll try to remember to post some pictures. For now I'll just have to get inspiration from everyone else  Smiley

Aphrasdaughter - how did you get the curtain rod to stay on the wall without paint damage?

Also, general question: Do those Command hooks really work? As in, don't strip paint? Every single one of my walls has numerous paint chips, many of them in neat square shapes, so I'm a little wary to use them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
artist.nerd.musiclover
wanna-be graphic designer

"Peace, love, and math!" ~David Krumholtz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008 02:12:15 PM »

Mintbamboo, I have some things like the Command hooks, and they are really strong, and they don't peel.  I have 2 posters, a school pennant, the front page of a newspaper, and 4 12" square corkboard from Rite Aid hung up with them, and they work beautifully.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

johnarae89
the queen of cheesiness

i tend to twinkle

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008 03:24:07 PM »

your rooms are all so roomy!!! i'm an RA this year so i got the nice luxury or having my own room Smiley but it's way considerably smaller than all yours!

dont mind the bike btw! lol i would much rather have a couch but it's a 300 dollar bike... and i dont want it to get stolen Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hoper, a prayer, a magic bean buyer. . .
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some fax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Book Cover Designs Tips - Part 2
Book Cover Designs Tips - Part 4
Book Cover Designs Tips - Part 3
How to Add Flesh Tone to a Fashion Drawing
Drawing Clothes on a Fashion Figure
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...