A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your dorm room!  (Read 32102 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss American Pie
« on: September 08, 2008 07:30:50 PM »

Post pictures of your awesome dorm room in this topic!

I'm a junior this year and I finally have my own room to decorate however I want. My parents bought me a bunch of hot pink stuff freshmen year so I decided to work with that. I was going for something fun and bright, like I don't have to be a boring adult just yet...

I already had the comforter and pillow cases. I got the throw pillows from that cheapo section in target for $1.50 each. Sheets on sale for $13 at target also. Can't wait for this year's toga party... how hot am I gonna look in an orange toga? haha. I had an extra mirror, so I just stuck it up there cause I don't really need to see myself that often...

I got this tiny little sofa on craigslist. It's the perfect size (it fit in the elevator, thank god), and the black slipcover is machine washable. Big pink pillow on sale at target. I got my posters for free at the movie theater where I work, and I got the flags on my trip to europe over the summer. The batman got milk ad was in USA Today and I already had the white board calendar.

I made this shelf out of scrapwood I found in the garage! I used power tools all by myself and I'm very proud of it, even though it's simple and basic. I'm still waiting for someone to say "cute shelf" so I can brag about it, but it hasn't happened yet....haha. I found that cute little mirror with necklace hooks in a box of old junk in the basement.

I haven't gotten a tv yet, but when I do it's going on top of the desk and the books are relocating to the middle drawer. I made that lamp out of a shade from a garage sale and a base from goodwill. There was no frame so I made one out of coat hangers.

The chair was $20 at target (last thing I got there, I swear) and it was the last pink one left. It's super comfy and it just folds up if I need to move it (like when that radiator kicks on in the winter...) I also have an old bean bag under the bed if I need more seating.

frigde. food. dishes. I got some adorable plates and bowls for $1 each at hobby lobby at the end of the summer. I guess they were the "outdoor summer dishes" which for me just means they're colorful and durable... big popcorn bowl, four plates, four bowls.

You have no idea how useful these hooks are. I highly recommend them. I'll probably get some more...

I keep so much stuff under my bed, it's crazy. Oh, and I got those rugs on sale at bed bath and beyond. They're bathroom rugs so they don't slide around and they're easy to clean.

Yeah, that's probably more information than anyone needs, but I'm proud of my thrifty, creative decorating skills. And I'm really excited to have my own room.

Let me know what you think and post pictures of your own awesome dorm room!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SmileOrphea
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008 07:38:28 PM »

It looks lovely. Great shelf! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss American Pie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008 07:46:58 PM »

It looks lovely. Great shelf! Tongue

Thanks! I made it all by myself!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laughsforfree
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008 07:57:58 PM »

you dont know how excited i was to see this! i started college *ahem* 3 years ago, and i have yet to see an actual dorm room. I think this is so cute, and I love all the pink. This makes me wish i moved into a dorm, but i moved into an apartment, which wasn't nearly half as put together as this room was!

good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimmberrrr
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008 08:11:53 PM »

this is .. really lame.. because i don't even live in a dorm anymore! but i do have pictures of my dorm room last year.. unfortunately they are kind of random.. and the first ones were before my roommate moved in.. it looked a LOT different as the year went on.. haha

my tshirt quilt! .. that i never did post on here.. haha

back corner..

window with suncatchers my boyfriend and i made!

my corner of.. crap?

my desk.. and boyfriend

the door.. and my boyfriend on my computer.. haha

and this is my room .. a little bit later, when my roommate had moved int...

my room progressing alittle more.. getting messier that is! .. me and my roommate on halloween in case you didn't catch on.. ha

my roommates side of "crap"

my messsyyy room... we had a disney princess themed party.. to bring back 3rd grade memories... ps my roommate is the dumb looking one hahaha

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008 08:17:04 PM »

You guys have totally hot rooms! I wish mine were half as hot and big. Hopefully when I switch campuses next year (I go to Penn State) I'll get my own room too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008 08:19:41 PM »

Miss American Pie~ Are you at Notre Dame?? I'm in Elkhart!   **waves Hi**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss American Pie
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008 08:31:09 PM »

Miss American Pie~ Are you at Notre Dame?? I'm in Elkhart!   **waves Hi**
Saint Mary's, actually. *waves* Haha, but I'm a huge fan of Notre Dame football and hockey and I go to all the games.

Kimmberrr, I love your tshirt quilt. That's so hot. And props for your princess party. Last semester my friends and I had a disney dance party where we seriously danced around to disney songs the whole time. I love all your stickers and stuff too. Do they glow in the dark?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

techni_moments
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Chronic Craftubater =)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008 09:00:43 PM »

WOW those are some HUGE dorms. Here's mine:

View from the Door

Desk area

Bed, you can kind of see the quilt i made folded at the end...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We pencil-sketch our previous life so we can contrast it to the technicolor of the moment"
artist.nerd.musiclover
wanna-be graphic designer

"Peace, love, and math!" ~David Krumholtz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008 09:04:04 PM »

I'm a freshman, and this is my crazy dorm that I share with my crazy best friend.  (These are all pics that I stole from her, because I don't have a camera that works.  My parents do, but they never sent me pics.  Maybe when I go home, I'll snag them).  But, without further ado, our room!

This is her half, complete with Criss Angel, 30 Seconds to Mars, All-American Rejects, and many other posters.

Her desk.

The two beds, though I've moved mine since then.  Ah, well.  You still get the picture.

Our door!

The two of us.  I'm on the right.

Us again.  Right before my mom started bawling.

What do you think?   Cheesy

(And crazyqt13, nice Mac!  I have the same exact one!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...