A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
393 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The (new) Etsy critique thread!  (Read 46077 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaybeeeee
« Reply #440 on: March 06, 2012 06:52:16 PM »

Hi friends!
I used to have more paintings and sewn things in my shop but I recently decided to finally put up all the jewellery I've been making. I'd love to hear some critiques. I am really hoping to sell some things to keep my craft habit alive Smiley

www.OneWarmSaturday.etsy.com

Thanks in advance. And please add me to your circles so I can check out your shops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read my BLOG?
Listen to my MUSIC?
kaybeeeee
« Reply #441 on: March 11, 2012 07:14:33 AM »

Is this thread still active?  Huh

I am stuck in a rut with Etsy. Any shop critique (above) or helpful comments would be really appreciated.
Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read my BLOG?
Listen to my MUSIC?
yoguiana
« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2012 04:32:04 AM »

Is this thread still active?  Huh

I am stuck in a rut with Etsy. Any shop critique (above) or helpful comments would be really appreciated.
Thank you so much!

Hello!

I think you should start working on better pictures with a white background for example to get a uniform feel to your shop. Also in your shop tile, you could use some more descriptive words of what you sell. In your product titles the first 3 words are the most important so if it's a necklace, necklace should be one of these words.

Hope I give you enough to work for now Wink

Good luck!

Ana
THIS ROCKS   Logged

" Logic takes you from A to B.
  Imagination takes you everywhere."
Einstein
Squiver
« Reply #443 on: July 16, 2012 02:44:51 PM »

Hi friends!
I used to have more paintings and sewn things in my shop but I recently decided to finally put up all the jewellery I've been making. I'd love to hear some critiques. I am really hoping to sell some things to keep my craft habit alive Smiley

www.OneWarmSaturday.etsy.com

Thanks in advance. And please add me to your circles so I can check out your shops.

I really love your shop. I actually quite like the background you've chosen as a backdrop to your jewelry, actually; it gives the whole shop a very strong, vintage feel. Your banner is also very beautiful.

The only thing I feel like I could offer objectively is perhaps more "action shots" of you (or a friend) wearing the jewelry. You do have quite a few photos of the jewelry being worn around your (or someone's) neck, but the photos are so zoomed in that in many of them the image of the piece itself becomes blurry, and it still makes it difficult to entirely determine the size of the piece, since we can't tell the exact size of the chest on which it is modeled.

If you're comfortable, maybe you could even include a fifth picture of you throwing together an outfit to complement the jewelry, at least from the bust up? I think your pieces would look beautiful with some vintage blouses or jackets, etc.

Love your music, by the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayora
« Reply #444 on: August 01, 2012 08:29:00 PM »

Hello!  I, apparently, need some critique and/or help.  I've developed these dolls which I think are pretty cool, but I have yet to sell even one.  I admit right now my shop is kind of barren, so I suppose this critique is mostly for the Gossamer Girls themselves.  I do Etsy search ads and I write photostories about my models on my blog.  Should I just work on adding more stuff to the shop?  Maybe more premade dolls?  Do my dolls secretly suck and need to be reworked?  I have also thought about putting them in the Waldorf section, although they are not Waldorf dolls.  They are a similar size and price and seem to be similar in philosophy.

Anyway the links are:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/99687894/gossamer-girls-ooak-crocheted-18-inch-ag
For the dolls themselves.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/GossamerGirls?ref=top_trail
For the shop in general.

Thanks in advice for any advice.  I really want these dolls to be successful and I am becoming very discouraged lately.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the city was her grave and the city was her coffin and her epitaph.
----
The Other City Dolls
Blog
Art Doll Store
Gossamer Girl Store
Squiver
« Reply #445 on: August 05, 2012 03:30:31 PM »

So I just opened up my first etsy shop, and, as a result, am understandably nervous about how well I've managed to scrape it together.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give it a swift look-through (it's very small at the moment) and let me know if there's anything I should clean up, right off the bat?

How is the banner? I made it myself, but it's not exactly my proudest work.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MossoftheWoods

---------------

Hello!  I, apparently, need some critique and/or help.  I've developed these dolls which I think are pretty cool, but I have yet to sell even one.  I admit right now my shop is kind of barren, so I suppose this critique is mostly for the Gossamer Girls themselves.  I do Etsy search ads and I write photostories about my models on my blog.  Should I just work on adding more stuff to the shop?  Maybe more premade dolls?  Do my dolls secretly suck and need to be reworked?  I have also thought about putting them in the Waldorf section, although they are not Waldorf dolls.  They are a similar size and price and seem to be similar in philosophy.

Cayora, I think your dolls are very charming. However, I think one of the main things hindering their success might be the fact that they are such a big-ticket item.

As a buyer, I would be a little reticent to put down $100 on a doll from a seller that I, frankly, couldn't quite judge the reputation of.

Your doll clothes, however, are not only equally as beautiful, but also reasonably priced. Many people already have dolls or models that they'd love some charming and even custom-ordered clothes for. If I were in your position, I would focus on selling more of those for now, and begin to sell a few more big-budget dolls once you've got a reasonable stock and seller reputation.

When you're photographing the doll clothes, you could also consider finding a doll "mannequin", or some other display model to put the clothing on that is made of an entirely different material as the clothes, in order for buyers to be able to see, right away, that it is the clothes you're selling - I think it would really make them stand out in an etsy search. Honestly, when I first looked at your doll clothes, I didn't actually immediately realize that it was the shawl you were selling, and not the doll itself, until I looked at the description. Of course, if I had read it more thoroughly I would have figured that out, but I think most buyers don't really do that.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012 03:49:38 PM by Squiver » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrs.turner

Jen of all Trades - Master of None.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: August 08, 2012 07:42:16 PM »

Howdy!
I'm new to craftster and I'm very new to having an Etsy shop, meaning no sales yet. But I would love to have someone (other than my husband) to give their honest opinion on my store. I've tried to fill out everything that I could, even their 'new' About Shop page. If I've missed anything or you have any advice, feel free to speak your mind.

Thanks and here's my shop! www.one2stitcharoo.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happy Crafting!
thegreengriffin
« Reply #447 on: August 23, 2012 10:41:04 AM »

one2stitcharoo : your site looks great! you must've put a lot of time into preparing to open since you haven't been open very long.  Your products are adorable too!
There are a few photos where the fabric in the background has a crease, I would try to iron and retake pics or photoshop them out.  For example the porcu-pining first picture.
I LOVE the 'its a magnet' picture with the colored letters.  You should think about doing the fifth picture maybe just with a ruler next to them or something.  
Overall your pictures are great but look at the edges of some of them, the fabric background ends in some corners and you can see the table or whatever they were on.  For example the every week is like shark week.  Your items looks great and it even looks good as a thumbnail but be sure to look at the parts of the picture that aren't the focus also.
The mini ones, though they are listed in their own category, when you look at all the items on your page, they don't look any different.  Maybe add mini to the title?
I was wondering how big the magnets inside were.  I don't know how you could tell us that, but that was a question I immediately had.
I also think your last sentence "If you have any questions, feel free to convo me by clicking the blue "Contact" button on the right side of the page." is kind of needless because etsy automatically puts a link to contact you at the end of your listing.  look at them in customer view and you'll see what I mean.
I don't know how much traffic you've been getting but one thing to think about is that google uses the beginning of your description on their results.  You can see it when you edit or list an item.  You might want to just think about reordering your descriptions such as the cow hanging onto the moon, I like quoting the song, but that's not going to get a click from google.
Overall, amazing job, I nitpicked a bit to give you something but I wish my shop looked as good as yours!

I hope this helps and good luck!

I would love some critique on my shop, http://www.etsy.com/shop/thegreengriffin?ref=si_shop
Thanks
Aline
thegreengriffin
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012 10:43:56 AM by thegreengriffin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DeerAbby
<3 Handmade Happiness <3

xoxo abs

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #448 on: September 14, 2012 03:51:55 PM »

Hi Guys! I just put up my first listings on the etsy shop!

If you could give me some critique that would be grand. I have no clue.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do international shipping on here, so there's that, and I don't have measurements, which are coming as soon as I find my elusive measuring tape.

THANK YOU GUYS!

xo abs

www.etsy.com/shop/deerabby
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Follow for a Follow!! <3
Visit mah BLOG , mah FACEBOOK, follow mah TWITTER & mah PINTEREST
WingsOfClay
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I Love Craftster Swaps!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #449 on: September 22, 2012 06:24:19 AM »

Hi--

Been selling on Etsy a few months, some sales, but not as much as I'd hoped. High quality handmade items, reasonable prices (maybe too low?), correct grammar and good photos. Feeling stumped as to how to take my shop to the next level...

Any advice or criticisms is more than welcome--thanks!!!

www.etsy.com/shop/WingsOfClay

Adrienne
Wings of Clay
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make it, thrift it, mend it, or make-do without it!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Learn Calligraphy
How to Choose a Calligraphy Brush
How to Do Calligraphy Flourishing
How to Find Calligraphy Courses
How to Illustrate a Sphere
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...