A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The (new) Etsy critique thread!  (Read 45020 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meanbean
Naughty, with a pinch of Nice for a good bite

The Means To Hold Your Beans

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: December 08, 2009 11:34:18 AM »

MeanBean:  your shop looks good!  Pictures are clear & prices seem more than fair.  It seems lots of people are slow.  Sad 

Good luck, just keep listing, that's what I am doing.  For 20 cents you have nothing to lose.   Cheesy

Thanks so much for your input! I've got to make some more bags to put up...glad it's probalby just the season that has things slow Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kleinclause
« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2009 11:02:40 AM »

Hi =]
I have just opened up a new shop on etsy
just wanted to get some feedback...i know there's not much there yet!
thanks!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/cookiemonzter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: December 29, 2009 12:31:13 AM »

I would love feedback as well! Tell me what you like, what you dislike...anything would help! thank you

http://www.alishamisha.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tapestrymlp
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~Tapestry~

« Reply #293 on: January 08, 2010 11:34:28 AM »

AlishaMisha-

Hope it's okay if I jump in and offer a critique. Your shop is really cute but I think there are a couple things you could do to improve it.
1. The pictures are a little dark though beautifully arranged. Try to either post-process them a little brighter/lighter or add more lighting when you're taking the pictures.

2. One of your shop categories is misspelled: minitures should be miniatures.

3. On first visiting your store and reading the intro it doesn't say what exactly you sell. Just a line or two mentioning the types of items you specialize in would be a good idea.

4. If possible you might consider switching your banner out for something with a bit more visual interest. Maybe feature some of your gorgeous photography or products. You obviously have a great eye for arranging things and visual presentation. The banner is the first thing someone sees when they visit your site so make sure it reflects what you sell and the personality of your store.

Hope this helps and good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
arrhythmia
« Reply #294 on: January 09, 2010 02:59:12 PM »

Def haven't found the secret, craftygurll! Good luck though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arrhythmia
« Reply #295 on: January 09, 2010 03:14:40 PM »

I can't figure out why I'm not selling. I've been offline almost a year and back at my shop for a couple of months and can't seem to get any sales. I'm stumped. If anyone has any ideas, please let me  know!!! Be blunt if you would like...need advice! Thanks guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

drummbellina
« Reply #296 on: January 10, 2010 08:53:25 AM »

Hi everyone! I'd really appreciate a critique of the prices in my shop if anyone can help!?

This is the one thing I struggle with. I want lots of people to be able to afford my stuff but obviously want to make some money too!  What do you think? Thanks so much in advance Smiley

http://drummbellina.etsy.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arrhythmia
« Reply #297 on: January 10, 2010 06:28:58 PM »

drummbellina - Wow...what a cute store! I loved everything! Beautiful photos, btw!!! I think your prices are very reasonable, but for the embroidery, like the star bag, you may be undervaluing your time. Those are intricate pieces....say the kiss pillow and are time consuming and tres cute!!! I might bump up the price a bit....etsy caters to a higher end market and if you are too low, some people figure you aren't doing quality work. Maybe bump it up $10 on each item...and make sure you figure your time and pay yourself!!! There is a calculator here http://www.rolbe.com/etsy.htm, but maybe pay yourself at least $8-10 an hour plus materials. Great, great shop!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tapestrymlp
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~Tapestry~

« Reply #298 on: January 10, 2010 11:37:40 PM »

I can't figure out why I'm not selling. I've been offline almost a year and back at my shop for a couple of months and can't seem to get any sales. I'm stumped. If anyone has any ideas, please let me  know!!! Be blunt if you would like...need advice! Thanks guys!

Couple of suggestions, the first featured item I saw was $800 which kind of made me do a doubletake and my first gut reaction was "I am not going to be able to afford anything in this store." Which isn't the case at all. Perhaps consider featuring some of the more moderately priced items that you think would sell well rather than your high end items.

Second, join an Etsy team if you can find one to get some extra advertising and exposure. Your photos are nicely done and the pricing doesn't look unreasonable. You just need to get your shop out there.

Heart shops that are similar to yours. Lots of people check their hearts and then end up visiting the shop of whoever hearted them - that's one way to get a tiny bit of extra traffic as well as show what your taste is.

Try listing new items during peak traffic times at Etsy (usually end of work day and around lunch time US) as that will get your items in the "just listed" and "pounce" categories when more people are likely to see them.

Hope this helps and good luck!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010 11:39:02 PM by tapestrymlp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
drummbellina
« Reply #299 on: January 11, 2010 02:09:35 AM »

drummbellina - Wow...what a cute store! I loved everything! Beautiful photos, btw!!! I think your prices are very reasonable, but for the embroidery, like the star bag, you may be undervaluing your time. Those are intricate pieces....say the kiss pillow and are time consuming and tres cute!!! I might bump up the price a bit....etsy caters to a higher end market and if you are too low, some people figure you aren't doing quality work. Maybe bump it up $10 on each item...and make sure you figure your time and pay yourself!!! There is a calculator here http://www.rolbe.com/etsy.htm, but maybe pay yourself at least $8-10 an hour plus materials. Great, great shop!!!!!!

Thankyou, that's really helpful! xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chef Serves Next Level of Local Food
7 Delicious, Unique Waffle Recipes
Homemade Ketchup Recipe
Dorie Greenspan: Serving Innovation
Richard Blais: Serving Innovation
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...