A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,502
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The (new) Etsy critique thread!  (Read 46110 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cbakerdesigns
« Reply #260 on: November 18, 2009 12:04:22 AM »

Hi,

In need of expert eyes shop critique, if you would be so kind as to look over my shop and lend a few do's and don'ts... Tags, photo and descriptions are my worries. Thank you and many sales to all! Cari

http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrochetHooked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hotty_blond2000

Crafting, Internet, and Pepsi are my weaknesses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: November 19, 2009 02:06:42 AM »

Hi,

In need of expert eyes shop critique, if you would be so kind as to look over my shop and lend a few do's and don'ts... Tags, photo and descriptions are my worries. Thank you and many sales to all! Cari

http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrochetHooked

the photos are a good quality overall.

I would suggest using a macro photo as the first photo.
example http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14370629 use the 4th picture you have there.

1. This will make the items more clickable. I suggest not using the photos with the items on a model for a first photo, 2nd 3rd or 4th is fine.

and 2. makes the shop look more cohesive.

the tags look good but I suggest using your shop name as a tag on all your items so that if someone not familiar with etsy can still find you without knowing how to change the search feature to sellers.
Especially important if people just search you on google and forgot that the shop is on etsy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cbakerdesigns
« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2009 04:04:17 AM »

hotty_blond2000:

Thank you for taking the time to look at my shop. I have made the changes to my photos as suggested... Have a great Holiday. Cari
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hotty_blond2000

Crafting, Internet, and Pepsi are my weaknesses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2009 11:12:25 AM »

Your Welcome!

and happy holidays!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlphaBrett

Crochet 'til my fingers fall off

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2009 07:07:33 AM »

Trying! I am trying to keep my prices way reasonable and I think I laid it out okay, I think the fact that I am totally unphotogenic doesn't help!

Maybe I should find a model, but I don't want to shell out more money and not make any

Please critique the crap out of me

www.alphabrettart.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittens tangle your yarn, men tangle your wits, and it's simple as breathing for both. -Lini (WoT)

Personal Swap Friendly

Blogger Goodness www.thealphabrett.blogspot.com
New! Kitchen blog www.alphabrett.blogspot.com
arrhythmia
« Reply #265 on: November 29, 2009 05:32:57 PM »

I have reopened my shop after almost a year of non-selling(moving, etc.) and am not really selling. I sold one wedding dress that had been listed last year. Is my style of clothing dated? Do I not fit etsy's style? Is it a promotion issue? I've been doing just about what I did before, but not getting hearts or views like before. Just trying to decide if I am still 'right' for etsy.

I have been putting in some new things as I make them and lots of the things I have left from before the move. New dresses on the way, but I'm not sure it's a good fit for me as a venue. Any ideas on what I'm not seeing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty gurll
« Reply #266 on: November 29, 2009 07:18:55 PM »

I think your shop is great!  Especially the magenta polka dot dress, that is gorgeous.  If I needed a dress I would buy it in a minute.  Wink  Your photos are great too.  I would have to say all your items are front page worthy of etsy.  How you actually get there, I wish I could answer. 

Etsy is slow for a lot of people, but then some are selling like mad.  The only thing I could think of is to offer a larger array of sizes/prices.  Maybe that would help.  With a listing being only 20 cents for four months, it isn't too big an investment is the way I look at it.

Good luck and I wish you many sales!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arrhythmia
« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2009 07:38:53 PM »

crafty gurll - Thanks for taking a look. I'm not sure how to get noticed there either and Front page seems far, far away. I'll take a look at my stuff and see if I can find some things to widen my prices and sizes range. I love your shop. The Toad house is tres cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty gurll
« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2009 07:44:29 PM »

Thanks for taking a look!  Pictures are the bane of my existence, but they are slowly improving.   Wink

Cowls seem to be very very big, they are always on the front page.  If you can make a few of those you might get noticed.  If you do find out the secret, please let me know!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meanbean
Naughty, with a pinch of Nice for a good bite

The Means To Hold Your Beans

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #269 on: November 30, 2009 09:39:52 AM »

Hi, my shop used to buzz, and now it seems to have sort of stalled out...I'd love critiques, good and bad, please!

http://meanbean.etsy.com

Thanks for your time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jim McEnery on the Book Hell in the Pacific
Fantasy Writers on Their First Steps in the Field
Jeffrey Eugenides on What Makes a Good Film Adaptation
Joyce Carol Oates on Violence in Writing
Azure Antoinette Shares a Poem at the IdeaFestival
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...