A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The (new) Etsy critique thread!  (Read 48081 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2008 02:53:49 AM »

Your banner & avatar are very chic! ...so I had to check out your shop!

Prices are reasonable...items unique & well photographed! You should do well!

Since you make those lovely boxes & jewelry...you could offer a combo ...jewelry with a storage box & just design them to coordinate each other.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
a_falsario
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2008 10:42:13 AM »

I just listed my first item so I guess my shop is officially open for business. I don't know if I'm doing everything right though. It would be great if someone could, like...read my policies and stuff. I just need to know if I'm on the right track and if there is anything I'm missing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy for one-of-a-kind rings!

http://www.sassini.etsy.com
jessersmisadventures

we are the knights that say nee!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2008 08:40:10 AM »

I like your avatar, and your first product for sale (skully beads) are cute.  However, you may want to flesh out your policies a little more, ie shipping/handling charges, etc.  Also, you may want to mention the materials used--polymer clay, I would presume, but it'd be nice for prospective buyers to know.  One other thing:  I like the IDEA of a hand-drawn banner, but somehow it looks like you drew yours with a ball-point pen.  I might suggest you re-draw a similar banner with something a bit more . . . artistic, ie calligraphy pen, felt-tipped markers, etc.  I hope this doesn't come across as overly critical!

P.S.  I think there is also a thread that is Specifically geared toward getting site critiques, so you may want to post your question there, as well.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my beautiful, brand new shop! I am currently offering free shipping to all fellow Craftsters!

www.Palmyria.etsy.com
barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2008 09:20:40 AM »

Congrats on your new shop!  I love the beads -- very unique.

I agree with the PP that you should fill out the policies a bit more.  What about returns?  Lost packages?  International buyers?  I like the banner, but that's just me. Wink

Also, why not offer smaller amounts of the beads -- people like options.  Plus, the more listings you have in your shop, the better.  Congrats again!
--Connie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ObscuredLittleKyo
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2008 06:19:07 AM »

I'm setting mine up with my mom, I did the banner and she's going to finish writing up the policies and stuff. What do you guys think so far?
vulgarlollipop.etsy.com
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2008 01:50:29 PM »

I appreciate the comments!

I am having trouble naming my items. At first I wanted them to be meaningful, using friends and families names. The good thing about that is when you tell people that you have named something after them they get on there and see what it was. I have ran out of meaningful names. So I went to songs. Its just too much. I want to be consistent. I just don't know the direction I want to take.

I have had a few sales but it has tapered off. I figured closer to Christmas it would pick up. Sadly I am feeling a little discouraged because it hasn't.

Thanks for looking though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandodeb
Viva Handmade!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2008 03:43:27 PM »

I just re-opened my Etsy shop.  I posted 8 of my purses and 1 sold within 3 hours.  I sold another one last night.  This is all well and good!

My pictures are terrible, so I am immensely grateful that I made those sales.  Can you point me to tutorials on how to take good indoor photos with a Canon digital camera?  I try to get outdoors to take them, but today (for example) there was only 5 hours and 15 minutes of daylight, it being Alaska!!  I have some SAD lights (oh, man, that's lame) - anyone have any experience with those?

Please check out my site, mandodeb.etsy.com.  I just paid an Etsy seller to make a banner for my shop.

SO: any photo hints, and any feedback on my descriptions... thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
hammycakes
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2008 07:22:40 PM »

Mandodeb- I think your shop announcement is good. Your photos seem a bit busy to my eye- I think they need a solid background so your items can really pop.
Have you made a light box yet? I used a tutorial from here: http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html and I'm still tweaking the results.
You're doing better than I am- I'm still waiting for my first sale!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hammycakes
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2008 07:24:50 PM »

I forgot to say, I would like a critique as well. I'm retaking pics of the shoes tommorow.. I know i probably need a wider price range, more items.. what do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Purebred
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2008 08:22:38 PM »

Hello fellow craftsters!!

I'm just getting started with my etsy shop (it's in its most beginning stages) but I am looking for any and all kinds of feedback.

Anything regarding advertising, tricks of the trade, plain and put recommendations etc.

Thanks in advance!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Illustrator CS2 - How to Open Files from Bridge
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Transparency to a Gradient
Macromedia Flash 8 - Choosing a Gradient Overflow
Macromedia Flash 8 - Saving and Locking Gradients
Macromedia Flash 8 - Applying and Transforming Gradients
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...