A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The (new) Etsy critique thread!  (Read 45794 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

odd_artist
WEIRD IS GOOD!

Twister of Minds

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2008 01:13:05 PM »

I don't know how you can make it better, but if you do any WOW characters, I will HAVE to buy one for my son! He just moved out (empty nest at last!!!), and spends all his non-working moments playing!!! I love your work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
wisegirl
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2008 07:20:13 PM »

Anyone want to critique mine?

www.prairiemother.etsy.com

I know...all five pictures. Working on that.  About filling up all the tags...I get stuck after about 8. What other types of words should I be using for tags?  Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I am very new (and nervous) about the whole etsy thing.

thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just listen to the wind, mother nature's violin."  Chris LeDoux

check out my etsy shop; www.prairiemother.etsy.com
odd_artist
WEIRD IS GOOD!

Twister of Minds

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2008 09:26:04 PM »

Wisegirl - your shop looks fine, and your tags seem okay, but you may want to reconsider your choice of canvas surface. You can get gallery-wrapped canvases fairly cheap from jerrysartarama.com. You have to buy them by the case, but I bought 3 cases of nice canvases for a family reunion project a couple of years ago and spent less than $50 including shipping (I think it was 6 to a case).

The gallery-wrap canvases don't warp, look more professional, and don't need to be framed before hanging. In fact I won't purchase anything larger than an ACEO unless it's a gallery-wrap canvas because framing can be so expensive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
kirastorm
storms of creativity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2008 10:40:48 PM »

can i get a critique? i just did a big shop update, and wanted to know what people think of my items, prices and descriptions.

i was thinking of overhauling my banner, but i'm not to sure what i could do!

www.kirastorm.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

living with an inferno doesn't mean it has to swallow you whole, you just have to know when to feed the flames.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=38663
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008 09:50:52 AM »

kirastorm, I think your site looks pretty good. I'd say keep working on pictures. Some of them are a little dark and have a lot of shadows in them. I still struggle with pics! But since I got a better camera, (and figured out the settings) it is much easier.

I would like a critique of mine as well!

www.hindrance.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Carbonated
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2008 05:20:02 PM »

I've had my site up since September now and I haven't had any orders. I only have two shirt designs right now, but I can't afford to put anymore up until I start selling.
Also, I don't have very many views on my shirts. What can I do to attract people to it, and what am I doing wrong? Huh

www.carbonatedclothing.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

=]
odd_artist
WEIRD IS GOOD!

Twister of Minds

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2008 05:10:34 AM »

I like the senior shirt!
My only comments are better, sharper pics - but I like the way you have people wearing them in real life, front and back.

So far as sales go, it doesn't matter how much stuff you have in your shop, but the right person finding it. I have over 60 items in mine and have only made two sales, both early on, and one was an alchemy deal.

You need people to see your stuff, so you need to promote. Try free ads with pics on craigslist directing folks to your etsy shop. Hang fliers at places you and your friends hang out. Talk to someone at your school paper about a blurb there. Contact a reporter from your local paper and see if they'll do a story on you and your shirts (they are always looking for stories). Always have something with your etsy address on it handy to give out.

You can get cards for the cost of shipping at vistaprint, or make your own. Heck - make a couple of tee-shirts with your etsy addy on them and wear them when you go to the mall or various events.

And about listing more things on etsy - it's only 20 cents per item for 4 months - I'm sure you can afford that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
Quirkz88

There's a pie in the sky, it reminds me of you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2008 08:52:08 AM »

Ehinders: I like your stuff, but they could use a bit more showing off in the photographs. Try and keep the backgrounds consistent, with only two or three different types. Find a style you like and stick to it. Thats all I can think of at the mo.

Carbonated: Your t-shirts are cool, but people might be put off by the lack of items so until you have more the only thing I can suggest is try free marketing. There are a few threads about the subject in the crafty business discussion section. Also give it time as you've only been there a month. It will get better. Hope that helps.

I have re-vamped my etsy banner and avatar recently. Would be great to have some critique of the shop. Feel free to be as honest and mean as you want. I promise I won't cry  Grin.

www.randomquirks.etsy.com

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2008 08:06:55 AM »

I posted a while asking for a critic and didn't get a response. Could someone please check it out and tell me your opinions. I would really appreciate it.

www.TaaDaaDesigns.etsy.com

THANKS!
B
THIS ROCKS   Logged

odd_artist
WEIRD IS GOOD!

Twister of Minds

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2008 09:57:10 AM »

Babycakes-
The only thing I see that could use work is the same thing someone mentioned to me - shorten your statement on the homepage so people don't have to scroll down to see your items. Make it short enough to show the first bunch of pics.

And I like your paper-bead earrings, but you may want to clear-coat them with something so they are glossy and protected.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Merge Blend Modes in Photoshop
Sharpening Photos For Both Web and Print
How to Draw Sponge Bob
How to Draw Snow White
How to Draw Silversmith
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...