A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 303,159
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The (new) Etsy critique thread!  (Read 54614 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #310 on: February 24, 2010 12:57:34 PM »

I have been on craftster forever, done lots of swaps and shared various projects.  I crochet, sew, knit and quilt and have finally decided to open an etsy shop.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/hardyswanton01

A few items posted so far and I'm working on lap quilts, pajamas, tote bags and I'm considering adding hemp jewelry.  Honest opinions are welcome--how do the photos look, how do my items look, are the prices fair?

« Reply #311 on: February 24, 2010 08:00:50 PM »

Hardyswanton01-I think your products look really well made (and the prices are very reasonable), but because there are so many scarfs posted on Etsy maybe if your photographs presented themselves in a way in which they looked more unique people would not only be drawn to them because they look great- but also one of a kind (that is really the only criticism I could think off). It also may help to show different views of some of the items (similar to how you show the pin up girl needle tool roll up)

Hope this helps, good luck with your store!

Love the life you live. Live the life you love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2010 02:47:09 PM »

You may want to take the word "lot" out of the description for the two baby blankets. Set sound more professional. Lot sounds like something on Ebay. Other wise I like. Especially the tote bag.

silver mom
« Reply #313 on: March 02, 2010 10:55:43 AM »

Recently I opened my shop at ETSY. It's about wallets, wristlets and planning to add handbags and more. Cool
Let me know what do you think about it. Huh

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010 10:58:09 AM by silver mom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hand dyed sun dried wraps for body and soul

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2010 05:51:59 AM »

Are you still doing etsy store critiques? I do hope so!
I have been selling on etsy for 6 months and even though I seem to have followed most of these guidelines, I would really appreciate some experienced feedback. Sometimes it seems very quiet and I do think - Am I not doing something? Maybe I need some fine tuning and better exposure? All advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks Christine  - rraps.etsy
« Reply #315 on: March 16, 2010 03:42:48 AM »

silver mom: for your shop I would make your the image in your avatar bigger. Instead of showing several finished wristlets (that are hard to see at that size) perhaps you could use a macro shot of some of your favorite fabrics. Just an idea, otherwise I really like your shop Smiley

If you really wanted to go the extra mile you could set up a blog, I think it would be neat to see where you work and learn a little about how you make things. Smiley I don't sew very good so it is interesting to see how other people work.
Honey Flower Beads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: March 24, 2010 07:09:56 PM »

Hello! I'm newer to Etsy and I could really use some feed back. I think my stuff is nice but I can't seem to sell much. People are buying from me off line, but I would love to have sales online as well. Any suggestions?

Honey Flower Beads
Vintage style with a new twist.

Vintage style with a new twist.

The Lil Hippies are taking over!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #317 on: March 26, 2010 03:50:12 PM »

I'm new to etsy, and would like to know what you think of my shop.  I know I need to take more pictures.  I've been waiting for a nice day that isn't cloudy.

I would love to hear your opinions!

Eco-friendly items, patterns, hippies, and more.

I'm on Ravelry, too!
« Reply #318 on: March 29, 2010 05:00:48 PM »

Hi, I have been on Etsy for a few months now, and have only sold to friends/family on-line and offline, and am curious if it is the site.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It may just be that I need to get my name out there, so I am starting to look at more forums, like this one.

My Etsy sites:
Wishing Well Wonders
Spinning Wonders
Sparkle Motion Dreamer
« Reply #319 on: April 01, 2010 10:00:44 AM »

I hope this doesn't scare anybody off, but I was hoping someone (or several someones) could answer the following questions (and I'd return the favor!) about my shop. I just need some help because I'm not satisfied with it and I believe it needs some criticism to get into shape. Please and thank you? And like I said, I'll definitely answer the same questions or any of your questions about your shop. =)

Link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jarofdreams

1. What is your style or taste? Do any of these items fit that style or taste?
2. What is your favorite item and why?
3. What is your least favorite item and why?
4. If a certain item was something you've been looking for, how much would you pay to get it?
5. Would you prefer to buy a small item and pay little shipping and a large item with no shipping, or a small item with no shipping and a large item with little shipping?
6. Is my banner interesting?
7. How does my photo make you feel? Intimidated? Trusting? Amused?
8. Are the item descriptions informative enough? Convincing enough to make you interested?
9. Do my item photos look professional? Are there any improvements that need to be made such as lighting, positioning of the item, backgrounds, item quality, need of props, etc.?
10. How does my biography make you feel about me and my shop?
11. Do you have any questions or comments for me that don't address the previous questions I've asked?

Thank you everyone!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010 11:48:08 AM by Sparkle Motion Dreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm Alyssa, 18, a film-maker in college, & a non-traditional fantasy novelist online. I bake, create, & dream, & I enjoy all things secret, surrealist & sleep-related.
My Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jarofdreams
My Blog: http://livingcraft.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Secret Menu at Smashburger Goes to the Dogs
Sausage Fest: Homemade Links
Bacon-Themed Dinner For Dad
A Fathers Day Breakfast
The Best Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...