A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
783 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The (new) Etsy critique thread!  (Read 43011 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmeRayn
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2009 12:17:26 PM »

I was in one of the labs the other day on etsy and was able to get a team critique.  such a great way to know what i was doing right and wrong.
I have started to redo all my photos since until yesterday i was using a scanner to get pictures of my altered art domino necklaces.  the new pics look pretty good to me but opinions are needed.
also one suggestion was to do something with my banner but i am at a loss since nothing is ever a certain type of item being sold.  i have mostly the dominoes but also will be adding many different new items that are from all forms of craft media.    any suggestions for a new banner that offers a visitor an actual glimpse at what they will see when they scroll would be great
i am at amerayn.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://amerayn.etsy.com
come for a visit and help us help abused and neglected parrots find a special forever home
ninjanator
« Reply #241 on: September 13, 2009 12:04:13 PM »

hey amerayn, your pics are looking pretty good so far - clear and clean. For the banner, I just used designs & colours that I think would complement the type of items i sell - I was trying to decide between whether or not to use actual item photos in the banner, and decided against it since i figured buyers can see it anyway when they scroll down. Maybe if you're selling a variety of items made from different media, that could be a better theme to work around? (e.g. dark colours for gothic noir related items, etc.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
MS. SASSYCRAFT
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2009 06:07:16 PM »

Hello Fellow Crafty People,

Me and my Friend Janie just started up our Etsy shop/blog and we were wondering if you could give it a look and maybe give us so feedback on what you think? Our Etsy shop was created because we both like to craft, and realized that if we made a shop we could use the money to give to local/non-local charities. (ALL profits made is given to charities)

We are going to be selling our wares at a local craft fare soon but because we have only sold one item werent sure how people felt about our stuff.   

Thank!

Etsy www.boykillaz.etsy. com
Blog www.boykillaz.blogs pot.com

Comments and Harsh Critiques are totally welcome and wanted!

(ps Add us and we will add you back!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MS. SASSYCRAFT
« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2009 06:20:11 PM »

Me and my friend Janie just made set up our shop. Our Etsy shop was created because we both like to craft, and realized that if we made a shop we could use the money to give to local/non-local charities. (ALL profits made is given to charities)

We are going to be selling our wares at a local craft fare soon but because we have only sold one item werent sure how people felt about our stuff.   

Thanks!

Etsy www.boykillaz.etsy. com
Blog www.boykillaz.blogs pot.com

Comments and Harsh Critiques are totally welcome and wanted!

(ps Add us and we will add you back!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nancy01602
« Reply #244 on: September 19, 2009 06:08:18 PM »

I looked  at your Etsy Shop.  Your products are cute, however the name of your shop doesn't exactly sound philanthropic.  Some people might be a bit put off by Boy Killaz.

Perhaps your shop name and logo should reflect what you are trying to accomplish.  Your charities aren't the least bit related however if you were to give your proceeds to Stand Tall, perhaps a banner with a bright African Print background would be more appealing and more directly related to your cause.

If you want to focus on rescuing animals, perhaps have your banner more in line with that.

I love your first line, "Welcome to our online shop, a cleaner, more organized version of our dorm room :]".  This draws me in and I want to hear more about you.  Perhaps personalize the write up a bit more.

You will probably do well at a craft show because you are at an affordable price point.Offer gift wrapping at the fair and have plenty of publicity materials about your causes.

Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilmissdangerous
« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2009 06:14:26 AM »

I just started posting on etsy. I know that some of my listings do not use all 5 photos, but would appreciate any other critique.

www.lmd514.etsy.com

thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty gurll
« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2009 01:52:02 PM »

lilmissdangerous:

Cute shop!  Photos look good, nice and clear.  It gives a sense of unity that all the backgrounds are similar.  The only thing I could say to add would be more to your profile, add favorite materials too.  Maybe in the future have someone model the jewelry to get a sense of scale.  Happy selling! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silver mom
« Reply #247 on: October 09, 2009 01:29:18 PM »

Hi, I just open
 "Patri's Corner" at ETSY and I'm new. What do you think?
www.njn3691.etsy.co m
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009 01:45:27 PM by silver mom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty gurll
« Reply #248 on: October 18, 2009 07:58:18 PM »

Hi, I just open
 "Patri's Corner" at ETSY and I'm new. What do you think?
www.njn3691.etsy.co m

Really nice, well made items at EXCELLENT prices!   Cheesy  Maybe use the same background in all your photos, people seem to be very picky about pictures.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mishimon

Jewellery Obsessed!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2009 05:57:08 AM »

Hi everyone!

I have a fairly new etsy shop over at www.mishimon.etsy.c om
We are a mother daughter team who sell jewellery and gifts. We have had some good success with market stalls and open studio afternoon teas at our house, but would love to make online selling a bigger part of our business.
I would love to get some comments/feedback/advice/constructive criticism for our etsy store!

Many thanks,

Monique (Mishimon Designs)  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spiced Nuts for the Holidays
Vanilla French Toast
How To Make Turkey Pot Pie
Salmon Cakes Recipe with Melissa d’Arabian
Triple Onion Tart
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...