A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,990
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zaraki Kenpachi costume ( from Bleach) Super duper fat post!  (Read 1678 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

neijie
« on: September 08, 2008 01:55:03 PM »

I did this some time last year, but I never posted it cause I don't have internet at home poor, poor me. So, anywhoo... this was my first "clothing" sewing project,like I said, it's a costume for my nephew, who if you know Bleach does not even come close to having the same bodytype as Kenni, I guess you could say that he is the stretched out chibi form. ^_^;I did it without a pattern, and I think it came out pretty cool. You be the judge:

This is the back of the coat and the little white fabric on top is the sash, I actually counted all the little dots and doodads(which meant watching lots of Bleach)but I made my nephew paint those on, I think he did a pretty good job with that.

This is the front of the coat with the shirt underneath:

These are the socks, I couldn't resist trying them on; so cool, so cool.

These are the sandals, I made them out of cheapo sandals from wally-world, and an old rice bag that I had stashed away, like the pack rat that I am. The straps were made out of braided twine. These were my favorite. They make me so proud Cry

This is a front shot of him wearing it, I made the patch out of an old wallet and some elastic. It was a bit of a pain, but I made it work eventually. Oh, and the choker, can't forget the choker.

Ah, the hair, it would have been a waste if it weren't for the hair. I took lots of practice, hairspray, and patience. There are exactly eleven spikes. I sewed the bells on.

Doesn't he look happy? This is the whole costume, I forgot to take a picture of the pant alone, but, eh.

All he was missing was his zanbakto and Yoirichi; I was going to do my hair light pink, but at the time it was blue, and it would have been a pain, as for the zanbakto, well, he couldn't carry THAT around in school!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If The Flintstones has taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.
instantkarma
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008 02:00:23 PM »

THANK YOU FOR DOING THE BELLS IN THE HAIR. It's really not Kenpachi without them. Cheesy
Great job on the rest of the costume too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
amalgam
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008 02:31:40 PM »

Woohoo! Cosplay! Great job. I've made Gin's costume for a friend and I didn't think to take pictures.  Sad I hope that your nephew appreciated all the work you did for him. I'll take his expression as him getting into character. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dry Brush
5 Awesome Halloween Makeup Hacks
How to Blast a Zit (Without Popping It)
Halloween Nails Tutorial
Maquillaje Leopardo - Laura Sánchez
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...