A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,738
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knit graffiti- plz help with my dilemma! *UPDATED!*  (Read 5871 times)
Tags for this thread: graffiti  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beaotch
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008 03:43:54 PM »

Yes, graffiti does seem to spawn other graffiti.  There's a book you can read on this very topic....  It's called The Tipping Point.  I forget who it's by.
I think your mouse is very cute and you shouldn't worry about it b/c I don't think that it's really graffiti anyways.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sassy, sassy, sassy!

www.BeaOtch.com
canamharris
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008 06:43:56 PM »

i live in an area that tends to get "tagged" alot. My fence has been tagged twice this summer with very innapropriate sayings. (hopefully not directed at me since I'm new to the neighborhood and haven't offended these losers). Generally the people who are doing it are marking their terratory. The type your mentioning isn't the normal tager but more like a crazy person's ranting at the world. These type tend to be random and not spawned by anything you put up. (Unless your mouse somehow reminded him of 911 and his conspiracy theory) I also don't think your cute knit mouse would spawn a tagging war between gangs or holligans.

I think you should cover your town in the cute knit mice. that would be awesome! If I saw your knit mouse on a wall of a building I would smile because it would brighten my day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shaints
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008 09:19:17 PM »

Like CamOovas said, regardless of the name we knitters and fellow crafters give these urban interventions, I don't think people who see a random knit piece on the streets would feel "yeah! liberal graffiti zone!" and just start spraying everything. I think it was probably just an unfortunate coincidence.

About the mouse in itself, it's so cute! And I don't even like pink, but it's so cute! I'd love to find it while walking on the streets. (As long as I have my camera with me, of course, because it'd make me very sad to not be able to document it.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit Craftster's English-Spanish Dictionary! ~> http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=265119.0
Dai-chan
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008 04:54:53 PM »

Firstly, I'd have to say I agree with what a lot of people have been saying in that (1) I love your mouse and it's ADORABLE! and (2) I don't think that it spawned that other graffiti, mainly due to the fact that I don't think that a lot of people see it as "graffiti" so much as "decoration."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008 10:02:10 AM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
curlygirl

we must be the change we wish to see in the world

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2008 09:09:07 AM »

first of all, I adore your mouse and I want to say that I find knit graffiti hilarious and HARMLESS. I think this sort of thibg really would brighten up most anyones day. That being said I am a firm believer that no good deed goes unpunished. You can never know what the effect of a simple act will be. People cannot fail to do what they percieve as good for fear of someone retaliating in a bad way. I think that is an even bigger problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008 07:00:33 AM »

Is it jerk-y to bump up your own post?  I just wanted everyone to see the new photo update! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."
-Richard Farina, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me"

www.baltimorediy.bl ogspot.com
lauralyn
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008 12:57:47 AM »

Have you seen http://www.knittaplease.com/?
It's a group of people who started knit graffiti-ing their city in 2005. They have some pretty cool stuff Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lavendeer.com

"Do you believe in something beautiful? Then get up and be it.." - Ted Leo
SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008 12:40:17 PM »

Yes, I'm a big fan of the Knitta crew!  Perhaps I should look further into it... I think you just need to attach a knitta tag to be affiliated? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."
-Richard Farina, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me"

www.baltimorediy.bl ogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Amber Valletta at Her Allure June 2014 Shoot
The 5 Best Curling Irons
How to Make Hair Toner with Household Products
Meet Celebrity Hairstylist Serge Normant
Tia Mowry-Hardrict Reveals Her Hair Crushes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...