A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ludo Messenger Bag  (Read 20331 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project , jim_henson , ludo , sewing , bag , craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AvadaKefatta

Teddy Grahams show no mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008 12:53:21 PM »

Damnit, when I saw the title "Ludo Messenger Bag", I thought it would be related to the band Ludo (which you should totally check out, http://www.ludorock.com/ , because they are rocking my stereo pretty hard), and I was disappointed, but only briefly, because that bag is totally kickass! Very adorable, very nice work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A dirty book is rarely dusty.
bella_domanie
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008 02:09:57 PM »

He's so friggin cute!  I want to pet him!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amelie
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008 02:57:10 PM »

Shocked GAH!!! Shocked

This just made my life!

Awesome, AWESOME job! (Not that I love it or anything!). Ludo is the best, he'd be quite pleased with the bag and I'm sure your partner was too (I'm with MissVan: I would have peed my pants with glee as well). Seriously fantasmic work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow that talent to the dark places where it leads." ~Erica Jong
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008 03:23:58 PM »

that is freaking amazing and i can't believe you swapped it! You're one awesome swap partner Smiley i hope you make yourself a matching one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

medli
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008 03:50:01 PM »

Wow, thanks everyone! I can't believe all the attention this is getting! It makes me really happy!

I had a whole load of photos to upload, but now I can't find them anywhere.  Huh Maybe RoaneFaery will send me some and I can upload them.

Onto construction:
The outside of the bag is faux fur, and the inside lining is a red suede (for his belly!). I also stitched the red suede around his mouth, for the tongue. He's got a little pocket on the inside, too!
The face is made out of a slab of craft foam, which was cut and carved for his wrinkles and eyes and such. After that was done, a coat of glue went on top, then some brown suede. The cover was then stitched on for some extra strength (that was TOUGH!). His ears are also made of the same brown suede.
The horns are a brown pleather, cut into horn shapes and stuffed with polyfill. The nose is the same. The teeth are made out of Sculpy clay, which turned the perfect shade of brown when they baked! The eyes are about a size 20, I think.

I love the bag. The only thing that I wasn't completely happy with was the length of the strap, but I didn't know how long was a good length. I eventually decided to make it long, and figured that Roane would be crafty enough to shorten it as needed.

Surprisingly, the bag wasn't hard to give up! I love Ludo, but I was still very happy to see him off. I was hoping that my partner would see all the love and work I put into him and love him as much as I did.

Also, this bag would not be in existence without the help I got from my step-mom. Thank you, Karen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alli_Lucy
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008 04:01:55 PM »

I love it!  Way too adorable.

Ludo...friend...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My craft blog: One Pearl Button

She blinded me with wisting
a2nikki20
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008 04:29:23 PM »

OHhhh my favorite character from my favorite movie! Smiley  I'm in love!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take the skinheads bowling!

Smiley  Niki  Smiley

My Blog:
http://madishwoman2.blogspot.com/

My Etsy:
http://rsdesign.etsy.com/
OhHappyDay
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008 04:44:54 PM »

OMG That is SO awesome. The other day I saw your avatar and was so excited to see a Labyrinth fan! Now to see a bag made to look like Ludo....*swoon*. It is so cool I can't contain myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iheartcapnhook
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008 05:27:35 PM »

i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM!!!  Ludo is the best!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008 05:40:40 PM »

I know I'm not saying anything different but WOAH!! I need one. Seriously. I actually yelled "LUDO!" Before I even saw the title. Really really amazing job. Hit this rocks because indeed it does!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
James Valentine Talks About the Past Is Gone
Elizabeth Rosner Talks About Blue Nude
Denise Jaden Talks About Losing Faith
Jason Mattera Reveals His Favorite Movie
Convention Brings Origami Lovers Into the Fold
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...