Making this case was fun because it worked better than I thought it would! That's always a great feeling. So, without further ado, here we go. Idea for decorations nicked from this case http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=260052.0
I made the lining for the case from plastic packaging. It's the stuff you get singlets, underwear and shirts in.
Here is the plastic bag cut up a bit. The blue line is the shape of my camera. Because I wanted the press stud included in the case I cut it so they bits would meet on the final case. The three bits either side are the sides and bottom of the case lining. Note that the middle bit has double layers (each of the bits with the press stud on them). I sewed it up to be smaller than this because as you can see there is far too much space around the actual camera's size line.
Here is the lining sewn up. The pastic worked really well in my machine and didn't actually need any tissue paper to stitch properly.
Here are the bits for the plastic case's lining. This is recycled fleece and flannelette from bits I had lying about. I cut once piece of flannelette and one bit of fleece for each side so it woukd be nice and soft for the camera. Please note I cut one too many pieces for the bottom (only needed one of each, not two).
Here it is stitched together and put inside the plastic. If you use the camera inside the fabric to stuff it into the plastic ti goes in easier.
Next I made an outside case for the whole lot ot make it pretty. Decorate (or not) to taste.
Next I made a flap to go over the plastic envelope bit and sewed it on to one side of the outside case. Put the whole lot together and fold over the outside layer to cover the lining. Fleece that doesn't fray is great for this bit. I hand stitched all the way around because I had better control and couldn't get it into the machine.
Finished case with plastic lining! Please excuse the blurry photo.
Hope that was clear!