A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
388 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my favorite quote  (Read 2409 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

archerpren
« on: September 06, 2008 10:47:31 AM »

i am part of a harry potter crafts group on yahoo and last month was a challenge month. the challenge was to take your favorite quote and using any craft medium you want represent that quote in three items or less. so i decided to go with this quote by the gloriously odd Luna Lovegood:
"I don't think you should be an Auror, Harry," said Luna unexpectedly. Everybody looked at her. "The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Consiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're working from within to bring down the Ministry of Magic using a combination of Dark magic and gum disease."
and i decided to make a purse charm that i could use on my backpack which is rapidly becoming a total harry potter hobo bag. pretty soon you wont even be able to see the back pack at all! its gonna be awesome.
to represent each part of the rotfag conspiricy and their plot i made some little dentures with gum disease, a set of fangs with a rhinestone set in one fang (i imagine this is how their insignia might have looked), and a dark mark with little rhinestones in the eye sockets too. all of these are made out of polymer clay. it was my first time working with it and it was soooooo fun. i can see this becoming another hobby. god. like i need another one. i also made the jeweled bits in the chain by using a wire wrapping technique and i connected it all to a hoop earring base with jump rings. the chain and jewel sections are also attached with jump rings. yay! i am happy with the way it came out. what do you all think. any polymer clay tips would be really appreciated too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008 10:56:27 AM »

LOL! These are stupendous! Massively creative, and a total new spin on Harry Potter charms. I don't know about tips with polymer, just that if you get into the liquid clay BEWARE!!! That stuff gets REALLY sticky and messy lol. I just started playing around with it. It looks like your charms are well crafted though, so just keep up the good work. I love polymer because it's easy to experiment with Smiley Can't wait to see more charms, and I hope you keep posting the backpack as it transforms. I have a messenger bag that I painted all over and patched and did charms for, but it was a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. It's so much fun to claim bags as your own Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008 10:58:23 AM »

Your charms are wonderful. I truly love the Dark Mark, so sweet! If such a thing can be said about moldy voldy and his mark! I love Luna Lovegood and her odd ways. Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
WhenInScythia

We Live In A FishBowl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008 11:05:26 AM »

They're so cute!

Maybe I'll attempt to make some >.> Heh heh!

I just got Polymer clay for 25 cents a package so I now have a *ton* and so much I can do with it!

The dark mark is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow The Butterflies, Follow The Butterflies..."
Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008 11:22:52 AM »

Those are fabulous --both in design and execution!.   (There's no hope btw... you're headed for a full-fledge addiction. LOLOL)

any polymer clay tips would be really appreciated too

(see your private messages in a little while  Grin)

Diane B.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
archerpren
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008 11:58:50 AM »

thanks guys for all the kind words. lunakitten where can i see you messenger bag. sounds really cute. maybe next i should paint something on my back pack too :0) diane b. i will be sure to check my pms  later. hahaha "pms" i mean presonal mesages hehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008 12:12:29 PM »

thanks guys for all the kind words. lunakitten where can i see you messenger bag. sounds really cute. maybe next i should paint something on my back pack too :0) diane b. i will be sure to check my pms  later. hahaha "pms" i mean presonal mesages hehehe
I actually did it way before I joined craftster, so it's not up here. I should try and dig it out, I haven't used it in awhile, and we moved so I'm sure it's in one of those tubs that never quite got finished unpacking lol. As soon as I find it I will try and get a pic to you! Smiley I absolutely love painting on bags. I use the "puffy" paints, I know they come in slick and glitter and half a dozen other things now. I just squeeze some out onto my palette and use brushes just like I was painting on canvas. You can get some really neat effects that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
dip_n_dot
T.L.D.G*

Skate & Destory

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008 12:27:24 PM »

Love it!!!! Luna is so great hehe!!
Love the polymer clay too!!
Which group is it on yahoo..i would love to join!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist<3
i <3 Personal Swaps!

Crochet Challenge go vote!
pickled_peppers
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008 12:36:09 PM »

LOL! I love the Dark Mark Grin Great job on everthing! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Open to personal swaps Cheesy

My Etsy ... www.nutsaboutcrochet13.etsy.com

Follow me on Tumblr for all of my crochet projects!
http://whenidreamidreaminyarn.tumblr.com
archerpren
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008 01:31:18 PM »

Which group is it on yahoo..i would love to join!
[/color]
it is harry pottr crafts and here is a link. we would love to see you over there. we do all kinds of swaps and challenges too!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HarryPotterCrafts/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...