A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FILL-A-BOX OF HOLIDAY GIFTS sign-ups 9/06 - 9/27 Sendouts 12/1  (Read 28941 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #480 on: November 10, 2008 03:44:38 PM »

LOL! My son (he's 4) thinks snow means christmas ...lol. 

Hey, so do I!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitch81
« Reply #481 on: November 10, 2008 04:32:13 PM »

Well, not in Iowa it doesn't! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

« Reply #482 on: November 10, 2008 04:43:13 PM »

I wish snow = Christmas where I am, but nope...I have never had a white Christmas  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #483 on: November 10, 2008 06:10:12 PM »

oh man!  when we first got married we lived in a really beater of a trailer in NC and we bought our first dog while living there and we weren't allowed to have pets, so when winter came along and our heater wouldn't work we didn't call the landlord right away because of Pixie (the dog) so we went without for like 2 or 3 weeks and it was COOOOOLD, like we were laying in bed and watching our breath cold, lol.  So we bought a space heater and it was cheap and sucked, so we returned it and got something slightly better and we had our first nice toasty night with it next to us and then when we were laying in bed the next morning cuddling we hear a "POP!" and next thing we knew the space heater was on fire!  LOL.  It was easily distinguished but we called the land lord soon after so that we could just have the place properly heated (and we again exchanged the space heater, of course).

OMG, that sounds like the kind of luck I have Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BuffaloRohm

I love llamas!

« Reply #484 on: November 10, 2008 06:53:17 PM »

I wish snow = Christmas where I am, but nope...I have never had a white Christmas  Cry
No white Christmases for me either Sad

Hopefully someday though... moving all the time with my Air Force fiance does have some perks, I guess  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay! I'm engaged! 8/4/08
stitch81
« Reply #485 on: November 10, 2008 07:13:28 PM »

I've lived in Iowa my whole life, so I'm not a fan of the freezing cold that accompanies the snow.  Not to mention the occasional power outages, and cars getting stuck in drifts on the gravel roads...  I would love it if it didn't get so darn cold! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaymadben
« Reply #486 on: November 10, 2008 07:25:37 PM »

oh man!  when we first got married we lived in a really beater of a trailer in NC and we bought our first dog while living there and we weren't allowed to have pets, so when winter came along and our heater wouldn't work we didn't call the landlord right away because of Pixie (the dog) so we went without for like 2 or 3 weeks and it was COOOOOLD, like we were laying in bed and watching our breath cold, lol.  So we bought a space heater and it was cheap and sucked, so we returned it and got something slightly better and we had our first nice toasty night with it next to us and then when we were laying in bed the next morning cuddling we hear a "POP!" and next thing we knew the space heater was on fire!  LOL.  It was easily distinguished but we called the land lord soon after so that we could just have the place properly heated (and we again exchanged the space heater, of course).

OMG, that sounds like the kind of luck I have Cheesy

WOW! We lived in a trailer and in 2003 our space heater caught on fire. My husband had went to a friend's house a couple houses down from ours and when he got back our whole living room was on fire. By the time the fire department got there the damage was done. Our whole house was engulfed in flames. So what do we do? Get a new trailer of course. lol. Then last christmas our dishwasher malfuctioned and caught on fire. It was 11 pm at night 2 days before christmas and my son was sleeping on the couch. I started freaking out, woke hubby up, grabbed the kids and ran across the street to neighbors to call fire department. She ran a fire extinguisher over to my hubby. When I went back to our house a few minutes later he was running out the door and smoke was pouring out of our house. I just knew it was happening again. Then the fire department finally got there and was inside forever and wouldn't let us go in. Finally they did and thank god there wasn't much damage.

(clickable)
You can see the sofa in the top left corner where my son was sleeping and the christmas tree in the top right corner which was almost touching the back of the cabinet. I can't believe how little damage there was considering all the smoke.

And the culprit:

(clickable)
If I ever have another fire in my house consider me the most unlucky person in the world.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008 07:26:32 PM by kaymadben » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
ccswch
« Reply #487 on: November 10, 2008 08:12:06 PM »

OMG!!! How scary!

I hope to send next week! I think I can get one more thing to fit in my box lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: November 11, 2008 06:37:27 AM »

holy crap kaymadben!  I know you'd told me that you lost everything to a fire once but that is some seriously bad luck!!!!  And the dishwasher?!  That's weird  Tongue  may you have some good fire-luck for the rest of your life!

I forgot to bring my joann veteran's day coupons with me to work today so have to put my trip off till at least tomorrow, which is fine because it's not like I'll actually have time to craft in the next few days anyway, I just get excited to get materials once I have an idea that I'm excited about  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Sarahdipity85
« Reply #489 on: November 11, 2008 01:12:46 PM »

LOL! My son (he's 4) thinks snow means christmas ...lol. 

Hey, so do I!

That's what I was thinking, LOL!

Ahh...house fires...my biggest fear ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use REVIT MEP 2008 - Massing Objects
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Sloped Flat Floor and Roof
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Using Sketchup Skippy Files
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Dependant Views in Plan
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Architecture Keynote Schedules
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...