A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FILL-A-BOX OF HOLIDAY GIFTS sign-ups 9/06 - 9/27 Sendouts 12/1  (Read 28832 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: October 23, 2008 09:07:15 AM »

I started another gift for superhooker last night and am totally just winging it and I'm really hoping that it works out  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #361 on: October 23, 2008 10:21:33 AM »

I'm bringing a portable project with me on a college visit! :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fusbdgt
« Reply #362 on: October 23, 2008 11:38:47 AM »

portable projects are the best, the mechanics thought that the one that i brought to me to the dealership was too cool, I'm always so surprised how interested which people are interested in what i'm doin! I'm still trying to figure out one that i can work on on the treadmill Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #363 on: October 23, 2008 02:06:03 PM »

I'm not keeping track of points either, I'm just going to stuff the box full. Good thing I got in some "training" with my last Fill-A-Box swap!

Woo Hoo!  I'm not counting anything either.  Just loading it up...I'm going a bit slow right now, because October is the best month here...lovely weather and all.  I lucked out today and found all the materials I need to make something I've been plotting.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: October 23, 2008 03:04:43 PM »

I started another gift for superhooker last night and am totally just winging it and I'm really hoping that it works out  Smiley 

aaaaand done! (obviously not a large, but still  Grin)

Hmmm... what next?  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: October 23, 2008 03:21:51 PM »

Ooooh, I can't wait!!!! 

I finished my 3 smalls and I've just got a tiny finishing touch to do for a large that I made this past weekend.  I have to work on a few things for the 12 days swap, but then next week I'll be making a whole bunch of stuff for the box! 

I've been a little slow with getting stuff done this week, but that's because it has been SO COLD here!  We are refusing to turn on our furnace, and it is super cold!  Our property has about 30 trees taller than our 2.5 story house (and we're in the city, so all the trees are near the house) so our house is very shaded...that makes it colder in the house than it is outside!  This is really nice in the summer, but in the winter...not so much.  Its about 48 degrees...thank goodness for fireplaces and hot coffee! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Dreaminsanity

everybody, just pretend to be normal!

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 23, 2008 07:20:02 PM »

Thanks guys, I'm physically fine, but my pride was almost fatally wounded.  Wink

It'll be alright, (as I should) I'll be paying half of it, and my mother the other half. (I'm a minor). Only... it's going to take quite a while because I work at Papa John's now!!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fusbdgt
« Reply #367 on: October 23, 2008 08:06:02 PM »

i did just about the same thing when i was your age, 'cept it was my teacher's car thank god it was the only sememster in my HS career that I didn't have her, also I ended out paying it all, I still have the credit card receipt from the mechanic where my dad paid the original bill and I paid him off, when i finished paying dad wrote me a note about how proud he was of me for taking responsibility on the receipt, that's why i still have it. It was cute, all mushy and stuff, he's an exmarine, was kinda outta character at the time, so very memorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #368 on: October 23, 2008 08:37:09 PM »

On a crafting front, I am having a blast. I've tried a few new things and LOVED how they have turned out.

I found ________ in my stash to make __________ from feelix wist.  I got it at a yard sale 5 years ago and I know it would come in handy sometime.  Now I just have to figure out how to make it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: October 24, 2008 05:12:35 AM »

I've been a little slow with getting stuff done this week, but that's because it has been SO COLD here!  We are refusing to turn on our furnace, and it is super cold!  Our property has about 30 trees taller than our 2.5 story house (and we're in the city, so all the trees are near the house) so our house is very shaded...that makes it colder in the house than it is outside!  This is really nice in the summer, but in the winter...not so much.  Its about 48 degrees...thank goodness for fireplaces and hot coffee! 

holy cow!!!!  I envy you, but that is a bit chilly even for me when it comes to inside the house.  Yay for fireplaces though!  I want a fireplace again SOOOOO bad!

i did just about the same thing when i was your age, 'cept it was my teacher's car thank god it was the only sememster in my HS career that I didn't have her, also I ended out paying it all, I still have the credit card receipt from the mechanic where my dad paid the original bill and I paid him off, when i finished paying dad wrote me a note about how proud he was of me for taking responsibility on the receipt, that's why i still have it. It was cute, all mushy and stuff, he's an exmarine, was kinda outta character at the time, so very memorable.

Awww, that's very sweet of him!  My big bad Dad used to leave me sweet notes every once in a while and they meant the world to me too. 
Oh my though, did you just say "exmarine"?!   Shocked  Sorry, my husband is a former marine too, so I kind of gasped at that term, lol  Wink

I found ________ in my stash to make __________ from feelix wist.  I got it at a yard sale 5 years ago and I know it would come in handy sometime.  Now I just have to figure out how to make it.

I love when that happens!  I had some fabric in my stash from a past project that was the exact fabric on something on Superhooker's wist too!!!!  In fact, it's what I just finished last night!  Grin  That's too cool, though, that you've been sitting on the garage sale find for 5 years only to have it be exactly what someone wants  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Right Depth of Field
How to Create Great Tribute Videos
10 Tips for Better Home Videos
Moviemaking Techniques - 180 Degree Rule
How to Create Lighting Basics
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...