A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,596
Currently Running With Scissors:
788 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "I like you America" Gun Cozy  (Read 29154 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2008 03:53:46 PM »

So fabulous! I'm going to be taking my first handgun class soon, so I'll definetly keep this craft in mind if I feel like 'dollying up' my gun! Haha  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tuesdae
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2009 11:22:47 AM »

You have won my heart with this.

I can't legaly own a gun because of "mental illness", but I'm fine with that.

I had never fired a gun until last year, I was having a terrible day and my good friend took me to his grandparent's house to shoot bbs at the shed.

I cheered up instantly.

So, I'm perfectly fine not owning a gun.

But this cozie is CRAZY!

Haha, good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarah84
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2009 07:50:57 AM »

My fiance got me a little pistol with pealized pink grips for protection- this would be a cute craft to go along with it!  You did a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetmeat
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2009 02:30:46 PM »

Would you be willing to give a little how-to on this sweet cozy?  It's so awesome! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
donniesgirl
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2009 10:17:55 AM »

I'm not going to get into the whole 2nd ammendment debate other than to say that actually, you can get the guns themselves "dressed up" & get a custom hot pink handle if you want.  I don't think the cozy is any different from that & I don't think it glamorizes guns.  Does a teapot cozy glamorize a teapot?  The cozy serves a purpose.  Frankly, a lot of the items to hold/protect guns are geared toward men (and plain black) so I think it's nice to see something crafted around it.  I'm sure you keep the gun safely & away from children - ours are in a locked safe.  There are also trigger locks.  There is also the concept of teaching children (if you have any) that guns are not a toy.  But it's interesting that some people, no matter what, will assume you have a gun lying around easily accessible to children & don't teach them any differently.

It's only too bad you have to be a famous politician or actor to get approved for a concealed handgun license in California.  Otherwise, I would say there are purses out there where you can conceal a gun for your Constitutionally protected right (I like America too!) to defend yourself.  Ironically, I bought one from a vendor in California.  Hmm, in fact, maybe I'll save some deer skin from hunting this year & make myself a concealed handgun purse!  Most of the ones out there are ugly or expensive, so it would be nice to have a variety.  Thanks for the inspiration!  And good job on the cozy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2009 09:02:52 PM »

I am glad this got bumped up. I change my vote, I am not afraid of guns any more Smiley

This so should have won!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
funkyhooker
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2011 08:16:23 AM »

<--------- Licensed firearms instructor.
A) This rocks so hard.  Sometimes when I'm darting out the door and throwing a bunch of handguns in a bag to teach class I wish something was wrapped around them.  I often take my silicone embedded cloths and wrap them.  I could take each one of them in their individual cases but I'm just one girl and that's a LOT of cases so I'll generally snug 10-12 of them in one range bag.  This would be perfect for that!
B) The fabric is so freekin' fantastic.
C) Very well made.  You do excellent work!
D) I'd like to take a moment to invite all you gals who are "scared of guns" out to a class where you handle EMPTY guns with no ammo in the room.  It's a hunk of steel and polymer.  The fact that a picture on the internet makes you squeeze your butt cheeks together only tells me you need some proper education. (:   It's also a sport ya know! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2011 04:31:06 PM »

Lol I totally loved this project. I now work for a really big tactical company and I regularly make cases for handguns and rifles. I am surrounded by great people who are beyond responsible good role models. I can't believe I was ever afraid Smiley

Thanks for bringing this post up again. It's funny what a few years and good people will do for you <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
NathanielFletcher
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2012 11:21:46 PM »

That's the cutest thing I have seen in ages, and unbelievable too. Smiley Clothes for a gun is a fancy concept for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Club Flyer - Creating a Logo Part 6/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - 3D Perspective Part 7/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - Working with Text Part 9/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - Creating Your Own Background Part 11/14
How to Design a Haunted House Part 3/3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...