A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "I like you America" Gun Cozy  (Read 29140 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

samann1121

samann1121.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2008 09:59:54 PM »

Wow.  This is the clear winner in my book.  I mean, the irony just oozes from every aspect of this cozy.  And massive points for excellent fabric scavenging skills!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hoosierbuck
"Daddy go hunting!"

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2008 07:30:59 AM »

Hi again-
Just wanted to point out that I would advise against long term storage of your firearms in fabric not treated with rust inhibiting agents.  Anything that could draw or hold moisture against the surface of the firearm is a potential rust bomb waiting to go off.  Point two is that you might consider whether you want to store a firearm owned for home or personal protection in anything that significantly impedes it's deployment for its intended purpose.
Thanks-
HB

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonoverbrooklyn
hedgehogs are prickly

I like animals.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2008 07:20:09 PM »

ok. this is hilarious for so many reasons. true irony.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amelie
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2008 08:43:51 PM »

I don't even know what to say.

Supercalifragilisti cexpealiAWESOME.

Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow that talent to the dark places where it leads." ~Erica Jong
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2008 12:38:53 AM »

This AMAZING. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MizMosa
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2008 08:25:18 AM »

2 things:

-I have buttons that match that fabric!  They just have the apple and the "I Like You" on them though, not the America part.  Perhaps there was a whole line of "I Like You America" fabric and notions at one time.

-Once I was at JoAnn's buying flannel to use for cloth menstrual pads.  The person at the cutting table always asks what you're going to make from whatever fabric you're buying.  In this case, I didn't really feel like saying, so I just looked at her with a completely straight face and said, "a gun cozy."  That was the end of that!  Funny that someone actually made one Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

allyinthevalley
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2008 03:14:50 PM »

Ooooooooooo!!! Lookie what I found! This: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Print-I-LIKE-YOU-1-Yards_W0QQitemZ220228771272QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
And (soooooo cool), that: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10575644

Now, having pointed those out, I've left like three messages on this board but they keep getting mysteriously deleted. So, here's another try, I REALLY, REALLY LIKE THIS!!! Yay for Right to Bear Apple-y-pro-America-cozied Arms.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mlheran

Jack of all trades

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2008 03:39:20 PM »

Ooooooooooo!!! Lookie what I found! This: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Print-I-LIKE-YOU-1-Yards_W0QQitemZ220228771272QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
And (soooooo cool), that: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10575644

Now, having pointed those out, I've left like three messages on this board but they keep getting mysteriously deleted. So, here's another try, I REALLY, REALLY LIKE THIS!!! Yay for Right to Bear Apple-y-pro-America-cozied Arms.  Wink

Cool, I'd found the Etsy one before, but that eBay one looks like it could've been made by the same people! Great find, and I'm really, really glad you liked it!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
swaps: -
mlheran

Jack of all trades

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2008 03:45:06 PM »

2 things:

-I have buttons that match that fabric!  They just have the apple and the "I Like You" on them though, not the America part.  Perhaps there was a whole line of "I Like You America" fabric and notions at one time.

-Once I was at JoAnn's buying flannel to use for cloth menstrual pads.  The person at the cutting table always asks what you're going to make from whatever fabric you're buying.  In this case, I didn't really feel like saying, so I just looked at her with a completely straight face and said, "a gun cozy."  That was the end of that!  Funny that someone actually made one Smiley

Those buttons must be amazing! I wish I had found more of this fabric, it's such a crazy treasure.  Grin

And LOL, I think telling her your true project might have been a conversation killer as well. That's a great project though, and one I've been meaning to start myself. Sort of a "take back the rag" kind of movement, eh?  Grin
(um, please don't be offended by that, I have kind of an odd sense of humor -if you couldn't tell. I just meant to take our feminine care back from the huge wasteful companies!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
swaps: -
kathleenalice
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2008 06:35:59 AM »

If it was up to me, you'd be winning this purely on the fact that you actually understand what the word 'irony' means.

I'm a Brit, so I'm totally scared by the fact that it's a gun, but hey, it's a different culture you live in and I respect that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Deciding Which Yarn to Use
How to Weave at Ends
How to Make a Slip Knot
How to Do a Purl Stitch
How to Do a Garter Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...