A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "I like you America" Gun Cozy  (Read 29415 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mintbamboo
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008 12:00:55 PM »

At first, as I was scanning through the 'recent with pics' posts, I thought this was some sort of high-tech glue gun. The fact that it's a real gun makes it even more awesome! Not that I'm into guns, but a bright and cheerful gun cozy is just awesome. You can tell you spent a lot of time making sure it fit perfectly and look flawless as well   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
BonEsInspired
BonesInspired

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008 12:02:52 PM »

Wow...This is unbelievable.
Good for you for finding an unusual way to be crafty..but really, in my opinion, this is just wrong. What's next? Post of guns that are painted with acrylic and rhinestones?
Weapons should not be glamorized.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 12:09:39 PM by BonEsInspired » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kgo6050
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008 12:07:46 PM »

Oh the irony in a second amendment sort of way Wink. That fabric was definitely a find! Wish I came across stuff like that when I was thrifting. Love the rick rack and the buttons. Looks very professional.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly- Yarn, Fabric, Crafted items, just ask!
http://www.wists.com/kgo6050
mlheran

Jack of all trades

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008 12:11:19 PM »

This is truly one of the funniest things I've seen recently. Do you mind if I steal one of the photos for my desktop?

I'm really grooving on the slogan. It's like, "I really like you America. We can totally be friends, but let's not get all carried away and call it 'love.'"

LOL, I totally thought that too! "Let's just be friends -it's not you, it's me."  Grin

And as for the desktop photo, sure. Thanks for asking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
swaps: -
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008 12:22:41 PM »

oooh a total rival for my vote... I'm thinking its between you and the axe cozy imo.   what thing to cozy!! very ironic!  great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008 12:25:05 PM »

I can see where you were going, and I know the irony is certainly there. However, I don't think this is something that I would condone doing, especially multiple times. The cozy is colorful and bright and cherry and pretty, and it glamorizes and makes it look inviting to children, and more toy like. Just my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
kimmasaurus
...and up comes the toolbar. that's what she said.

do you think this is referring to your boning jan?

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008 12:43:54 PM »

ok, i am sorry, i'm a sarcastic bitch here... but i must post this or i will implode rofl...

did anyone here not have a capgun when they were 10?  i hope you gals never ever EVERRRR watch TV & movies or purchase your child (if you have any/want any/whatever) toys of superheros, bb guns, paint ball guns, wrestlers, cops n robbers costumes, grand theft auto and games of the like or ***gasp*** old school gangsta rap!!!  b/c all that stuff does is "make guns/sex/weapons/etc inviting to children." i really dont think it's the kids we have to worry about, so much as their parents... how about leaving the politics at the door and moving on to the next post.  no one is going to change political views via craftster, so just let it go!

...in my opinion, this is just wrong. What's next? Post of guns that are painted with acrylic and rhinestones? Weapons should not be glamorized.[/color]
I vote for the rhinestones.

...I don't think this is something that I would condone doing, especially multiple times. The cozy is colorful and bright and cherry and pretty, and it glamorizes and makes it look inviting to children, and more toy like. Just my opinion.
i condone doing it, a million times. cozies for all seasons!
(i am 99.9% sure, that the people here are responsible and are not giving their kiddies tutorials on gun cozy making.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 12:46:10 PM by kimmasaurus » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HSchil44
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008 12:48:30 PM »

ohmygod I LOVE THIS!!!! my boyfriend has been wanting me to make him a case for his rifle and i thought perhaps it was too big of a job but you have surely inspired me! i also love the matching lock. well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lethargic
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008 01:02:00 PM »

Good point. I speak only marginally better than I write, which isn't that great at all! I'm pretty sure I understood that the usual statistical stereotype of a "crazy gun person" is a white male, which I'm not (on either count, that is, crazy or male  Tongue). But because I started adding all sorts of adjectives to that sentence I think I muddled it all up (as usual). I should probably just delete all the text and just have the pics!  Lips sealed

No worries! Smiley I just thought I'd bring it up incase someone was offended or what not. Just glad you arn't a crazy person with a gun! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for aprons, bento/lunch bags, jewelry, and more! http://organizedconfetti.etsy.com
lizthecraftybitch
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008 01:13:51 PM »

that is hysterical. i love the fabric so much the message is funny and bizarre. why would the fabric designer not "love" america? why would they not go all the way with that sentiment? and to turn it into a gun cozy! that is too brilliant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 3
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 2
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 1
How to Use the New Features in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 4
How to Use the New Features in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 3
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...