A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: queen anne lace scarf in sidar babytbamboo  (Read 12289 times)
Tags for this thread: queen_annes_lace  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ranchoe

My Shadow the ham~

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008 02:42:41 PM »

Stunning!!!!  Great work~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live, laugh, love and craft!!!!!
osmom
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008 09:02:28 PM »

I am starting my 3rd scarf in this pattern. Its simple and a beautiful pattern! I love it!! Your scarf looks awesome!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatherineAnne
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008 11:45:50 AM »

I found it difficult to get started, for some reason.  Somehow the turning you have to do makes it a bit complicated.  Is that what is making it difficult for you? 

Once you get the first few fan motifs going, then it makes more sense and is pretty simple.  I've made two so far, with the hardest part getting the darn thing started.

Maybe if you post a picture of your work, we can see what is going wrong and offer more specific advice. :-)

I frogged it already, but I'm having difficulty getting the motifs to appear like they do in the finished product. They sort of turn in to a huge blob of fans. I'm going to give it another shot while I'm at school, so hopefully I'll figure it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kleinsch
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008 03:50:43 PM »

It sounds like you haven't turned the work properly to get the fans to line up properly.  Try following the directions and looking closely at the pictures on WordBoys' website to help you make sure you're turning it the right way to make the fans build on one another.  Lots of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The more children are valued, the better their values will be.
osmom
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008 05:04:48 PM »

It sounds like you haven't turned the work properly to get the fans to line up properly.  Try following the directions and looking closely at the pictures on WordBoys' website to help you make sure you're turning it the right way to make the fans build on one another.  Lots of luck!

I agree!! There is a lot of turning with this project. KatherineAnne- give it a try again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatherineAnne
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008 06:54:20 PM »

The third time was definitely a charm. I was reading one bit of the directions wrong, but I got it. Now it's coming along nicely. Thank you guys for your help. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madidolly
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008 05:05:11 AM »

I made one of these as soon as I saw it posted.  These scarfs get done super quick and are so pretty.    I wanted to do this because years ago I did an afghan like this.  Each panel was join to the previous one by the chains I think.  I may join two panels together to get a wider one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silverstitches

Practice makes perfect.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010 06:41:48 AM »

The third time was definitely a charm. I was reading one bit of the directions wrong, but I got it. Now it's coming along nicely. Thank you guys for your help. Smiley
I hope the third time's the charm for me--I am having the same problems you were in beginning! I can't seem to get it to look right and it's not neat-looking at all. Plus, the pictures from his blog are gone so I can't see how he was doing it. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaborOfLove
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010 01:45:20 PM »

GORGEOUS! Lace pattern is so elegant. Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Grilled Pineapple Skewers with Caramel Syrup Drizzle
How to Make a Tequila-Soaked Pineapple on Grilled Pound Cake
Pear and Vanilla French Toast Bake Recipe
How to Make Grilled Pineapples with Coconut Ice Cream
Homemade Thin Mint Ice Cream Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...