A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Skanky threadbare office chair transformed!  (Read 9542 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sapphire_chan
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009 08:36:14 AM »

Now that you have had a chance to look at your gorgeous gorgeous chair, can I recommend a pair of strategically placed iron-on patches? Maybe find a nice light blue leather or something?

Or taking your shoes off before you sit down?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009 09:17:12 PM »

Hello everyone!

Please help me... I am desperate! I am trying to re-upholster my office chair but I cannot  take the back off! I've tried jamming things between the plastic and the wood / fabric but it won't budge! I'm just afraid to break it at this point...  Huh

I have some pictures on  my member gallery but I don't know how to link them to here! If you know how check them out to see what kind of chair it is! If you have dealt with these kind of chairs please give me some advice! Thank you!
You should make a new post in the housewares discussion board, with a photo. (I sent you a PM on how to post pics) You will get a lot more
chance of some help that way! I hope my info helps!
   I Love this re-do job... I never tried to do an office chair! The old one I'm sitting on is a good candidate... the seat could use some more padding, and I'd like to change the color.   I think they must have those pop-in pins. Scary thing about plastic, to pry it apart like that, you never know if you're going to break off a piece!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009 09:18:40 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tomico
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009 04:57:10 PM »

or maybe instead of training yourself not to put your feet up you could reinforce the seat. Maybe you could add some leather to the front section or the corners of the seat where you place your feet. or maybe some pillows.

Tomico
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glasstapper
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009 06:53:53 AM »

Amazing! Absolutely gorgeous! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2009 10:05:51 PM »

My chair isn't thrashed, but it is boring. I need to do this... in my spare time...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SoleilandZephyrsMama
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009 11:36:27 AM »

Nice job!!! You have inspired me! I also bought a couple yards of a canvas type material but didn't know what to use it on!!  Thanks for posting this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eccoxile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009 05:34:41 PM »

ooh how I love the fabric you chose, looks really slick! My cat loves clawing up office chairs...but the one she loves in particular is the car seat with armrest fancy type...don't have enough confidence to that apart!!!!

I like the comment about leather corners...customized durability is something you cant find in a store!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padme
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010 01:02:31 PM »

The chair is finished! Luckily, I could still piece it together after the incident with the back part. Grin

I forgot to take a before picture, it was a basic light grey chair,  a bit dirty and used looking.

This is how it turned out! http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=318842&ppuser=201715

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=318843&ppuser=201715

I added a foam cushion on top of the original, hence the chair looking so big on the seat... I should have used thinner foam or not add the foam at all. The back support looks really good, doesnt have much pleats like the seating cushion. I was a bit tired and over it when I got to staple the fabric to the seating so I butchered it a little bit. Still I think it looks nice. I cant believe its done! At first, I thought I would never be able to take the back apart, and then at the end, I couldnt get it back on! I had to jump on it and press it with my knees, it finally popped and closed.  Cheesy

I would like to thank dink for her wonderful tutorial and help!  Wink
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 01:06:37 PM by Padme » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dink
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010 02:20:46 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments, people!  Funny to see this thread lurching zombie-like back to life after more than a year. Cheesy

The chair is finished! Luckily, I could still piece it together after the incident with the back part. Grin

That looks amazing! Smiley   I'm so glad you managed to put it back together all right.  I was really worried that you'd broken  it when you tried to get the back off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rach-i-poo
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010 05:36:25 AM »

haha i'm sitting that way now!
that fabric is so gorgeous Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

top shelf? bottom shelf? nope. can't find it.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tie Dye Patterns
How to Dip Dye a Shirt
How to Do a History Collage
How to Create a Collage
How to Create a Family Collage
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...