A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swap a Yard of Fabric September  (Read 1760 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TwiztidBlood
« on: September 04, 2008 05:32:57 PM »

Swap name: Swap a yard of fabric swap - September
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TwiztidBlood
Sign-up date range: Septemeber 4th - September 30
Date to send items by: Seven (7) days after someone claims from your list!
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 25
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes!
All ages allowed? Yes (Parental consent required for those under 18!)

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

I'm adding another rule to this swap to make it more open to everyone. Even though this is a month long swap, you can leave whenever you want - as long as your claims are even. This means that if you claim from someone, you have to let someone claim from you. You can then "quit" after your partner receives. Just PM me when you want to be finished.

DETAILS OF SWAP:

If youve got stashes of fabric, this is the swap for you!  This round will be taking place throughout August and September!

For each claim, you will get to select a total of one yard of fabric (combined from FQ:s, half yards or yards) from the list that is up for grabs at the moment.  In return, you will then be required to make a post with a minimum of six fabric swatches that you have available for someone else to claim.   

The amount of outstanding claims you are allowed is based on your craftster and swapping status. New swappers get one claim, Friends of Craftster get 3, and everyone else gets 2.

HOW TO PLAY:

Step 1.  Send in your answers to the swap questionnaire to get approved for this swap

Step 2.  Prepare your lists and photos of your fabric so that youll be ready to post the list when you make a claim!  Remember, you need 6 different fabrics minimum!  They do not each have to be a yard, but must each be at least a fat quarter.Along with the pictures, you should describe the type and clearly specify the quantity of fabric that youre offering!  For example:

1. "Brown and Turquoise Cotton Batik.  1/2 Yard Piece." or "polyester stretch fabric, any amount up to 1 yard"

Step 3.  Watch the swap thread for something youll like to claim.  To claim, post a reply along the lines of I claim one FQ of #2 and #6 plus half a yard of #4 from gavagais stash.  Then send a PM to the person youve claimed from listing what youve claimed and include your name and mailing address.

Step 4.  Now that youve made a claim, its your turn to post your list of fabric swatches!  If the thread idles for more than a day, please take the initiative to add more selections to your list!  When someone chooses from your list, you have seven (7) days to get the swap package out the door!

Step 5.  If you have not maxed out on the number of claims you have been approved for, you may keep on claiming.  If you have reached your limit, you will not be able to make another claim until one of your partners has received a swap package from you.

SOME RULES:

1.  You may not participate in this swap until you have been pre-approved by the swap organizer and are listed on the List of Approved Swappers. If youre thinking about participating, go for it and get pre-approved. By doing so, youll be ready to make a claim when you see something you like

2.  You must have ready access to a camera and know how to post pictures in the swap thread.  Please make sure you have your list (either links or pictures) of fabrics available when you start swapping!  You will need to have a minimum of six fabric swatches in your posts. You may also choose the option of posting links to your fabric swatches.  If you do that, please make sure that your links work!

3. The width of fabric is expected to be about 45". If your fabric is much wider than this you may - if you want - cut away a piece to adjust the width. An FQ is a fourth of a yard of fabric, i.e. about 18" x 22"

4.  All participants must be willing to ship to international destinations.  Since were only sending a total of a yard of fabric, shipping costs should be pretty reasonable.

5.  After a claim has been made, you have seven (7) days to mail your package!  Check out the second post of this swap thread to know when your swap packages are due.

6. Delivery Confirmation Numbers will be required for swap packages that are being sent within the United States. If youre sending a package to another country, or if you dont reside in the United States, please save your receipts!  Remember to send the DCN info to your swap partner(s) and the organizer (that would be me, cfrenia!)

7.  It is important to communicate with your partners and the organizer.  You must let the organizer and your partner know when you have shipped, received or may be late!  You are still responsible for sending out the swap package in a timely manner!     

8. Please offer fabric selections that others would want to claim.  Try to include a variety of fabrics in your lists. Another good rule of thumb to follow is this: If you're offering a piece of fabric to "simply get rid of it", that's probably not a good thing!!

If that sounds good to you and you want to participate, send the following information to the organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Swap a yard of fabric September
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your full real name:
Mailing address:
Have you read the rules for this swap and understood how this swap works? 
How many fabric swatches will you be required to showcase when you make a claim?
Do you promise to communicate with your partner(s) and the organizer when you send, recieve or are late?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER (me!) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to consult the Swap Info Guide and Swap Etiquette to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008 05:34:45 PM »

Approved Swappers
Ceda ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 0 Received )
imwomn13 ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 0 Received )
purpleone ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 1 Received )
SaphireFaerie ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 0 Received )
sinisterbutterfli ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 1 Received )
tiltcreations ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 1 Received )
TwiztidBlood ( 0 Claims, 2 Sent, 1 Received )

3 Wishes
imwomn13
purpleone
SaphireFaerie
sinisterbutterfli
tiltcreations
TwiztidBlood

2 Wishes

1 Wish
Ceda

Sent
Received
Late W/ Communication
Contact Me

Sent By September 12
TwiztidBlood - tiltcreations - 1y of the thick red poly/cotton
tiltcreations - TwiztidBlood - cotton holly print 1/2y and Blue marine vinyl

Sent By September 14
TwiztidBlood - sinisterbutterfli - 1 yard of purple sheer
sinisterbutterfli - purpleone - blue and red striped knit 1 yard

Sent By September 17
purpleone - TwiztidBlood - 1/2 yd lime green Ikea cotton/polycotton , FQ (1/4 yd) blue patterned cotton, FQ navy tightly-woven fabric and Paul Frank camera fabric
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008 03:13:26 PM by TwiztidBlood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008 05:40:39 PM »

removed to save bandwith
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 05:00:44 PM by TwiztidBlood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
tiltcreations
Mom Lady, Finder of lost toys and Ex-but-wanna-be-born-again Artist

voices in my head? yes, but they have good ideas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008 03:49:47 PM »

Wow...a whole 3 of us  Huh

I'll start...
I claim 1y of the thick red poly/cotton

here's mine:
#1: raspberry silky sheer 1y

#2: natural color gauzy linen - kinda see-through (silouette sheer) up to 2 1/2y

#3: cotton holly print 1/2y

#4: "monkey" fur - silky feel, curly strands, gets everywhere but looks cute 1 1/2y

#5: sheer white with blue dots and silver sparkles (not easy to see in pic) 1/2y

#6: Black ?fabric unknow - soft feel, drapes well, has "burned out" holes - great for Zombie making! 1 1/2y (pen shown for size reference)

#7: Blue marine vinyl 1/4y (I have just under 1/2y > 17" actually, if you want it all)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwiztidBlood
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008 04:57:42 PM »

removed for bandwith
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008 11:52:45 AM by TwiztidBlood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
sinisterbutterfli
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008 08:56:01 PM »

I claim 1 yard of the purple sheer from TwiztidBlood. This is my first claim for this round. Cheesy

Here's my junk...

1. large dinosaurs - cotton (I think) - 1/2 yd & 1 FQ

2. pink with tie dye butterflies - flannel/cotton - 2/3 yd

3. blue & red striped - knit - 1 yard+

4. tan w/ blue pinstripes - cotton - 1 yard+

5. blue gingham - unknown content (blend I think) - 4" shy of 1 yd.

6. black checkered - cotton - 1 1/2 yd.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
purpleone
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008 12:02:12 PM »

I'll take a yard of #3 please (blue & red striped knit) - going to make my brother a cozy scarf Smiley

Images removed to save bandwidth
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008 03:00:36 PM by purpleone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
purpleone
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008 05:32:29 AM »

Added to my list Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008 11:52:34 AM »

Ill steal, 1/2 yd lime green Ikea cotton/polycotton , FQ (1/4 yd) blue patterned cotton, FQ navy tightly-woven fabric and Paul Frank camera fabric

purple with silver cotton - 1 FQ

flowered blue polyester/cotton slippery - 3/4 yard

pre-quilted cotton, green on front/white on back - 1 FQ

purple striped slipppery polyester/cotton - 1/2 yard

Dark red polyester/cotton, thick no stretch - 1/2 yard

tan textured slippery - 1 yard

dark blue silky/shiny - 1 yard

checkered flannel, white of opposite side, bit of stretch - we'll call it 1/4 yard, funky cut

thick blue polyester cotton, with raised checks - 1/4 yard

black silky/shiny - 4 FQs

red silky/shiny - 1/4 yard

pale blue silky/shiny - 3/4 yard

purple sheer - 1/4 yard, 1/4 yard

thick purple/pink tulle - 5 yards
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008 04:13:16 PM »

alrighty everyone. Septemebers round is now closed.
the job of organizing is now up for anyone who wants to organize another round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get "Gossip Girl" Waves
Learn How to Do a Dutch Braid
Vidal Sassoon Hair Guru and Mr. Wash and Go Dies
How to Create the Rockettes French Twist Hairstyle
3 New Hair Products to Help You Look Beautiful
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...