A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Am I overreacting? (about a purse someone made for me)  (Read 55325 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #260 on: September 25, 2008 04:23:59 PM »

Ok, here's pictures of it:

just...wow. none of the edges are finished, again with the tackyass appliques (that are glued on so badly that when I checked to see if they were sewn on, it started coming off, as you can kind of see in the blurry picture), and seriously, trying to pass that off as screeprinted?! it is OBVIOUSLY an iron-on transfer. and a badly done design, probably in MS paint, at that. also, interestingly enough, the skull on it is REALLY similar to a couple of skull stencils on stencilpunks and I'm emailing them about it as we speak, since they specifically say on their site that the stencils are NOT to be used for profit. I suppose it's marginally better than the first one, but really, that's like saying something is smaller than an elephant, lol.

I also sent another email to Etsy, which I'm sure some of you will probably think was too b*tchy, since I STILL can't leave feedback.

Hi,

I have been conversing with Emily about this matter(alchemy request #21599, accepted bid #113865 from *edit*). I am still extremely unhappy because I received the purse today, and I still cannot leave feedback for the purse. The purse that I didn't receive until nearly a month and a half after I paid $55 for it and that was not as described by the seller - I was told I would receive a pleather/PVC patent leather purse; it is canvas and also very cheaply made. In fact, it's not even as he described in the message to me - it's not denim, it's canvas, there are raw edges left along all the seams, and the "sugar skull" (the design is NOT a sugar skull which is clear to anyone with eyes) is very clearly an iron-on transfer as opposed to being screenprinted. The appliques are glued on, and it was done so badly that one of them nearly fell off just from me looking to see if it was glued or sewn on. It's also interesting that the skull design is nearly identical to one on a free stencil site, on which they expressly ask people not to use their stencils on items to be sold for profit. I will certainly be emailing the site about this as well, so they can know.

My request for assistance in getting a refund was refused and now I can't even leave feedback for this "transaction", as the seller had me pay the wrong way (which I would have thought would concern Etsy more, as it means that Etsy didn't get their percentage from the transaction).

I am seriously considering filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau over this. I have never received worse customer service in my life. I was obviously the wronged party in this situation, as the seller has lied to me several times over. I have proof of this and provided it only to have it ignored. I was treated as if I was being a troublemaker for wanting to file a complaint or receive a refund, despite trying to be polite at every turn. I was told I would have to accept the purse as he made it, even though it is obviously (and very provably) not what I paid for. I cannot believe that a site which, at the very least, appears to attempt to create a handmade community, would back up a seller like this. I put my hard-earned money (which I don't have a lot of) toward supporting independent crafters instead of buying a cheaper purse from a big-box store and to receive treatment like this is a slap in the face. I am inexpressibly disappointed as I was looking forward to becoming more involved in Etsy and using the Alchemy feature in the future, but after this experience I don't feel safe at all using either.

Regards,
Michelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #261 on: September 25, 2008 04:30:53 PM »

your rage is TOTALLY understandable..i was following in the shadows, just to see what happened

i cannot believe Etsy doesnt care that a seller was such a blatant liar. I will not be using Etsy anymore, because of the way they have handled this issue.

i really hope you get a resolution
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Wendellina

CMF since '75 \../ >.< \../

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 25, 2008 04:31:12 PM »

Hideous!  Nothing like you requested.  I feel so bad for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

olive_juice
« Reply #263 on: September 25, 2008 04:40:58 PM »

Bravo to you! Very well worded, and they really need to feel your wrath right about now. They aren't behaving professionally in the slightest and it should not be borne.

As far as the "purse".... i... no words. there are no words for that thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy .com
opheliapoe
« Reply #264 on: September 25, 2008 05:13:34 PM »

i wouldn't have even given away a purse like that. people should hold themselves to a higher standard when making things to sell. if i were that person, i would be ashamed of myself for taking your money for such a piece of junk. and the people at etsy should be ashamed for treating a customer like that. i was considering making an account with them to sell some things myself... but if that is how they treat people, i want nothing to do with them.

i hope that you can get everything worked out. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2008 05:18:39 PM »

I have been following this case since the beginning. I am just appalled.

I wouldn't have even thrown away a bag that bad.... I would have burned it  Grin

I hope you won't be down on Etsy for long, I am new to it and so far I haven't run in to trouble. I would love to make you something lovely to cheer you up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #266 on: September 25, 2008 05:54:49 PM »

wow - so sorry this happened! the second bag isn't any better than the first. read the whole thread and my head is spinning from it. my only friend with an etsy shop has had no selling issues. I have had no buying issues.

totally totally sucks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #267 on: September 25, 2008 05:57:01 PM »

wow - so sorry this happened! the second bag isn't any better than the first. read the whole thread and my head is spinning from it. my only friend with an etsy shop has had no selling issues. I have had no buying issues.

totally totally sucks.

Well, it seems like if you have no problems with anything, then it's great...but I haven't heard great things from other people about their customer support now that I've been asking. I think, however, that I may have just got the wrong person, which is why I sent a totally new email instead of replying to the old one. Hopefully someone else, who is a mite bit more sympathetic, will see it this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #268 on: September 25, 2008 06:26:47 PM »

How about the paypal person you were working with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amazon.blonde
« Reply #269 on: September 25, 2008 06:41:44 PM »

wow that's just still really really bad.  junk.  sorry  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Zingy Lemon Cake Recipe
How to Make a Hot Turkey Sandwich with Teriyaki Mushrooms
How to Make Perfect Baked Eggs
How to Make Turkey Chili
How to Make The Best Turkey Burger
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...