A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Am I overreacting? (about a purse someone made for me)  (Read 56638 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2008 07:57:07 AM »

yeah I  might think twice about getting an etsy now based on this. That sucks. I feel so bad for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

Shhhhh.... I'm using glue!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2008 09:00:08 AM »

Holy f@#$ing WOW.

wow.

wow.

I can't think of anything really to say.... just....wow. I'm so glad I haven't experienced anything like that yet online. Scary that shit like that even happens to people. Hmm... I'd love to see what karma has in store for this guy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spring semester is kicking my butt.
olive_juice
« Reply #212 on: September 13, 2008 09:08:03 AM »

Just to let everyone know, the girl i talked to said that etsy is open to suggestions about changing things.

I'm sure my concerns alone won't make a difference, but i think if we all voice our concerns we may be able to get something done. Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of replacing etsy but i really don't want to shop there anymore if they offer such limited buyer (and seller) protection.

I would not suggest emailing them about a particular case, but rather about the policy (or lack thereof) as a whole. We don't want to make things hard for sapphire_distortion .

the etsy support email i was directed to was this one:
abuse@etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy .com
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2008 09:14:57 AM »

Well, it's pretty clear that Alchemy is a crapshoot Their guidelines are lip service because they have no way to enforce them other than poor feedback. If that's not good enough, don't shop from Etsy. And no, paypal and credit protection isn't enough, because as long as something is shipped they won't get involved (which is rational from their perspective, because as was discussed earlier they have no way to be objective across the board.)

I think that etsy customer service needs to answer a simple question: What are you going to do about correcting the feedback situation? It seems that the seller violated the TOS and cheated etsy out of a commission. They don't care about that at all? You have to be able to leave feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #214 on: September 13, 2008 11:04:15 AM »

Hi,

I've attached a photo of the package before being shipped and my receipt for shipping it, I also had to purchase an envelope to send it in that was $.89. That adds up to $3.75 USD or $3.97 CAD for the refund. It should get there in 5-10 days. He can send the denim bag now, I suppose. By the time I receive it, it would be really nice if I could leave feedback for this "transaction" that resulted in me being lied to several different times by the seller, and in the end paying $55 to be sent a bag extremely different than described, due to Etsy not holding him to what he said he would make for me. I would like to keep using Etsy and Alchemy but after this experience, I will probably never use either again and I will be certain to share my experiences with others considering using Alchemy.

Thanks very much for your time,
Michelle

Hopefully the last email I have to send in this mess.

and yes, Miss Violaceous, like I said in the email I'll probably never use Alchemy again. Or Etsy for that matter. I still can't believe the customer service I've gotten.

RockstarMom, I would definitely love to see what kind of karma he has in store Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
keeperrox
« Reply #215 on: September 13, 2008 11:43:54 AM »

Saphire, check out Big Cartel if you still are interested in selling online.  I haven't purchased anything through one of their stores, but I've heard some pretty good things them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2008 12:54:34 PM »

Alchemy has always made me nervous and I'm pretty sure this has helped made up my mind that I won't try that aspect of etsy for a long while, if ever.  That said, this is super shitty, no question, but I hope people will think twice about boycotting etsy altogether.  Letting this guy ruin things for everyone is unfair.  It seems like there are usually a number of bad/horrible experiences for many, many good ones in ANY business it's the law of averages. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008 12:55:31 PM by TheMistressT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 13, 2008 02:14:14 PM »

That said, this is super shitty, no question, but I hope people will think twice about boycotting etsy altogether.  Letting this guy ruin things for everyone is unfair.  It seems like there are usually a number of bad/horrible experiences for many, many good ones in ANY business it's the law of averages.

I agree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2008 02:33:36 PM »

That said, this is super shitty, no question, but I hope people will think twice about boycotting etsy altogether.  Letting this guy ruin things for everyone is unfair.  It seems like there are usually a number of bad/horrible experiences for many, many good ones in ANY business it's the law of averages.

I agree.

I agree too. I've ordered off regular etsy and had good experiences. Also know quite a few people on here who sell on etsy and they would never treat someone like this. Jut try not to close off all aspects, think of all the super cute stuff you'd be missing out on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2008 05:49:05 PM »

I agree.

I agree too. I've ordered off regular etsy and had good experiences. Also know quite a few people on here who sell on etsy and they would never treat someone like this. Jut try not to close off all aspects, think of all the super cute stuff you'd be missing out on!

I'm not trying to get anyone else to not shop on Etsy. I'm just saying that after this experience I really don't think I can shop there any more, knowing how they treat their customers. Yes, this might have been one bad apple, but they ALLOWED him to be. They obviously didn't give a rip about all the crap he pulled, did not try to help me get a refund at all, got a little short/rude with me in the end over it in fact when I am obviously the wronged party all the while giving him the benefit of the doubt and now I'm out a chunk of change at least in part because of the amazing lack of help from customer service. Yes, I'm pretty pissed about it. Yes, I will probably never shop Etsy again. I don't think either is an unreasonable reaction after what I've been put through. This is some of the WORST customer service I have ever experienced in my life and after working retail for as long as I have I can't imagine treating a customer this way. But like I said, I am not trying to start a boycott or anything, I just don't think I can shop there after being treated like this.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008 07:59:12 PM by sapphire_distortion » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Handmade Dolls
How to Make Applique Baby Bibs
How to Restore an Old Family Photo Album
Bamboo Tools to Tend to Your Terrarium
Birthday Craft Ideas for Children
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...